Forum Home » Marriage, Relationships & Families

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism - Page 33

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
949 replies 225.1K views

Replies

• hb2hb2 Forumite
    898 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I did, of course, mean to say 'Glad you got here Beanie'! Surely, just the threat of you going up to 'sort it out' should scare the boiler into submission?!
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hb2 said:
    I did, of course, mean to say 'Glad you got here Beanie'! Surely, just the threat of you going up to 'sort it out' should scare the boiler into submission?!
    Thanks  :)

If only!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 10 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have taken some work to the other Seamstress to do.
     I will try to get a rhythm again today.
     But I still need to get off my backside and get everybody ready for school.
    were all sitting in my bedroom on gadgets! 
    Hope you enjoyed your time with your friend last night Ss. After the xbox problems with ds and dgd perhaps it's better to keep gadgets for after school , work etc and have a different morning routine so the little ones don't see it as a norm. I know they wake early but better to work on keeping them in their room with a book or something. Your room was meant to be your sanctuary and it's no longer that.
    Hope the boiler is behaving today beanie.
    pollyx

It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    898 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Ss, spreading out the school run sounds a great idea if it is possible.
  • tooldletooldle Forumite
    407 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Could your son contribute to the costs? Breakfast club is not hugely expensive as i recall.

• Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tooldle said:
    Could your son contribute to the costs? Breakfast club is not hugely expensive as i recall.

It is only £3.90 a day, for the breakfast club. But for making things less rushed it is worth it.
     I am funded for the children now so he doesn't need to pay me money, and I would rather he continues to do down his debts.

When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent the afternoon taking Biggest's girls to the swimming pool followed by McDonald's.
    dgd wasn't too well so she didn't come this time but I hope that we will be able to do it again soon with her.
     I am waiting for the boys to be returned from the other family, I hope that they are back soon as the weather here is not too good and my fence panels are down between us and the family with 5 dogs!
     I hope that they will sort it as they put it up originally when I first moved in. 
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.