Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism - Page 147

New Post Advanced Search

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
1.7K replies 430.8K views

Replies

• Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We ended up staying for tea.
    just home about 40 minutes.
    one child in bed, fingers crossed that he will sleep now as he didn't sleep during the day. Then hopefully I can get his brother to sleep without any more drama for the day. 
    Definitely the right decision to get up and go somewhere. 

When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plans changed.
    physio call, health visitor call.
    Conversation with Manager at the holiday club not 5 minutes from drop off. Dgs1 had already kicked off and that last week he was a handful and if he continues he will have to be excluded. Not the best start.
     I have contacted the Post Adoption team to update them. I have talked to the Health Visitor as she was calling about Dgs2, and she is going to refer to the school nurse. 
    Let's hope they cope for lunchtime at least. It may be that he will be home even more. I also had a long conversation with DS and his GF about it all. 
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post adoption team have replied to me ( that's a good start), and will call tomorrow at 10am to talk to me. 
    Dgs1 managed the day, but Dad just said they don't tell him much they save it up for me.
    lunch was relaxed and good.
     Biggest popped back with me and helped me move a pile of wood that was leaning against the shed, and that has collapsed on to the fence. So we have examined it, and it really is too far gone for repairs so time to replace it.
    The evening is now mine and Dgd s.
     I am tired so I am going to have a nap.
    then this evening do those name tapes while watching something on the tv.

• hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Savvy, I hope you managed to catch up on some sleep last night.

Thank you to Beanie (I think it was) for explaining my comment about not giving in. She was correct, I was talking about giving in to demands for tech etc. I remember being told 'If you think you will end up saying "Yes" after hours of pestering, you might as well say it straight away. Otherwise all you are teaching the child/ren is that they will get what they want if they pester enough!'
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.