Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism - Page 100

New Post Advanced Search

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
1.5K replies 362.3K views

Replies

• elisamooseelisamoose Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    As a LAC child dgd should be entitled to a place in school. I know she may not be keen but for every bodies sanity maybe it is worth a try
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love and positive vibes to you beanie, Master J and Mr N. I know when we had more than one mog in the house a very poorly one was a soure of concern to the other one.
    Master J is hanging on well, may he slip gently into perfect painfree peace when the time comes.
    I hope all is well with you and you're managing as well as possible.
    Love Pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much polly  xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • gizmo111gizmo111 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a LAC child dgd should be entitled to a place in school. I know she may not be keen but for every bodies sanity maybe it is worth a try
    She is not a LAC child - There is a Special Guardianship Order in place in favour of SS which gives her overriding PR for DGD.  Although as a vulnerable child they may offer her a place.
    Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.
  • elisamooseelisamoose Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I thought she had at one point been subject to care proceedings. In my LA/ Academy trust she would certainly be offered a place. 
  • gizmo111gizmo111 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I thought she had at one point been subject to care proceedings. In my LA/ Academy trust she would certainly be offered a place. 

Yes she was subject to Care Proceedings about 10 years ago, the permanency outcome was SGO to SS, at which point she stopped being a Looked After Child.  She may well be offered a place under different criteria but not because she is LAC or at risk of significant harm.
    Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.