Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2020

Options

Comments

• bobbyhibs
    Options
    hi
     stuieuk34...thats good news, did you let your dad know, would he be intrested in going back?
    i hope you may have some offers too and maybe  your wifes? if so  could be a good way to   go back to vegas, in a very  mse  way  B) (IF things get back to near normal of course...and if we are allowed in the usa!!)
    kind regards
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can’t help but feel that Vegas’ new neon lights should be sponsored by McDonald’s.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-las-vegas/downtown/gateway-arches-illuminate-downtown-las-vegas-sky-2185971/
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    Although a glimmer of hope about life starting to go back to normal with the vaccine, I worry that Vegas has changed. There has been a lot of crime and bad press and I wonder how long that will continue. I don't think I'd want to go if it stays like that. May even be in search of new places to go instead. We also like cruises, but they'll potentially not be able to operate normally for some time, particularly if ports don't want the ships in. Not to worry, plenty of places to go to if it becomes safe to do so. 

I also checked MLIFE and don't think we hardly gambled there last year, 1 night at Luxor or Excalibur. Rates are only about $20 anyway, so hardly a great freebie. :D 
  • secretmachines
    Options
    I'm not worried in that respect, as we discussed a page or so back the violence and trouble can be linked to protests, anti-maskers, cheap room rates, deals and general public uncertainty, etc. 
    I'm worried for Vegas right now as Cali has just announced a month long night time curfew, and a lot of Vegas visitors at the moment are coming from there.
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    I'm not worried in that respect, as we discussed a page or so back the violence and trouble can be linked to protests, anti-maskers, cheap room rates, deals and general public uncertainty, etc. 

So you are hoping things will change by the time you go back? Me too.  :)
  • secretmachines
    Options

So you are hoping things will change by the time you go back? Me too.  :)
    Ahh absolutely! There will be some things which are different in Vegas - but a lot of that will hopefully be for the better, much like at home in many aspects of life.

I watch Vegas videos pretty much every day and wish I could dive into the TV to be there! But I'll be patient, and if it's another year to wait, then sobeit. It'll be worth it and I'll appreciate it even more. Things will close, but things will open and I think the vibe will be even more joyous!
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 November 2020 at 1:13AM
    Options
    We fly 27th May to LAS, so fingers crossed, all is dandy when we land! :D
    Side note:
    Looking at the Virgin airmiles sale at the mo, and waiting for a call back from flying club..
    If my maths is correct, for my September road trip to Vegas, i could fly in Upper Class for 27400 airmiles and £664 in tax (LHR-SFO / LAX-LHR )....
    Will keep u guys posted! :D
  • bobbyhibs
    Options
    hi stuie
    were you able to nab any of those Mlife comps at all? if you and your wife both  have comps there and your dad if i recall   could be    more savings there which always help!
    Noticed virgin had a  sale on also, so i am  tempted to try upper class (not very money saving though) and was looking at late june...something like lhr-vegas.....vegas-jfk-lhr.. for like £988   or there abouts for around a week can get down to lhr easy  and cheaply enough...add on the Mlife comp and a few paid nights ...all in all it would come in  about £1300 for business class and a week at the mgm with  some spending money thrown in!..
    best of luck !
  • Pedrobandito
    Options
    I have just booked for next October, hopefully all will be good by then... Use the code from the Daily Mail and got 20% off BA flights. 
    In case anyone wants it you just go to the add promo code or evoucher bit on the Review Flights page and us BASpecial
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We looked at Man to LAX ....no direct flights anymore.
    There is a tempting deal which would mean we could fly back in first class for a good price.
    Our normal flights out, and first class back for £800 plus points for the two of us.
    Anyone know the score on refunds/ cancellation/ moving flights if there are still problems later next year ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback