Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Svelte for Valentines Day :lovethoug - Page 15

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Svelte for Valentines Day :lovethoug

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
779 replies 19.9K views

Replies

• edited 8 January 2020 at 9:18AM
    joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    10.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 January 2020 at 9:18AM
    Morning all. Another good day yesterday, ended on 11.5 Syns so still have plenty left for today.

Today's plan:

B - scrambled eggs on toast - P; HEB
    L - French onion soup; cheesy crouton - S; F; HEA + 3 (using a slice of WM)
    D - mustard beef & mushrooms; mash; green veg (not sure what yet!) - P; S; F (This is a Slimmingeats recipe)

HEA1 - milk
    HEA2 - cheese
    HEB - bread
    Syns - bread 3; wholegrain mustard 0.5; red wine 1 (1 Tbs - frozen LO wine! never happened before and unlikely to happen again, LOL!)

Denise
  • GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just eaten breakfast, I like banana on toast, but when I looked at the new SW booklet we got last week, I noticed they suggested sprinkling cinnamon on the banana, would never have thought of that, but it was yum, yum, yum!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    23.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a quick look at the recipe denise.
    http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/mustard-beef-with-mushrooms
    It looks delicious and I'm sure it would work with the pork steaks I have in the freezer. Mustard and mushrooms go well with pork. Have you tried it before?:)

I was a bit hungry when I got back last night as I'd had dinner early (for me). I thought I could treat myself to some chocolate or crisps (last packet from Christmas). But I thought why eat them just because I can (have enough syns)? A cuppa was enough.So still on the 22 syns.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit (F), 2 fried eggs (P), HEB toast, HEA milk
    L: JP (F) with LO sausage(less) casserole (F,S), pickled cabbage (S)
    D: chicken stir fry (P,S) with noodles (F)
    Syns: honey in stir fry sauce 2.5
  • Flat_EricFlat_Eric Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just eaten breakfast, I like banana on toast, but when I looked at the new SW booklet we got last week, I noticed they suggested sprinkling cinnamon on the banana, would never have thought of that, but it was yum, yum, yum!

Is this a new food optimising book?

• joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I haven't tried this recipe before Maman but I'm trying to find some new recipes as it can get a bit boring having the same meals over and over.

I really ought to get some of my cookery books out and look for some different recipes - I've got quite a few, both SW and normal ones but rarely look at them. That's it for next month - I'm going to try at least one new recipe a week and hopefully can find a few more meals to add to my repertoire:D.

Denise
  • Tete_en_l'AirTete_en_l'Air Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello strangers :hello:

I'm starting again (again!), my fourth January re-starting SW :wall:
    2019 was the first year I finished lighter than I started though (7lb) so that's a positive!

I've only been back on it since going back to work on Monday and I already feel so much better. I 'feel' much thinner, but this is not yet reflected in the mirror sadly!

Today:
    B - Banana
    D - Pasta with pesto (2), bacon, onion, mushrooms, cherry toms
    T - Beef and mushroom stew with couscous
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Almonds
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (4), pesto (2), Options hot chocolate (2) = 8

I've been attempting a 'run every day in January' challenge as well and so far so good, even if it's just a half-mile trot around the block. Also drinking loads of water.

I have 4st 2 to lose, and really, really don't want to be saying the same again in January 2021...

Sary and Abbafan - sorry to hear you've both had such a stressful time recently, hope all concerned are feeling better now.

Hope everyone's well! I must say I'm surprised the thread isn't busier for this time of year.

Re. online membership - this is what I have and agree it's not worth the money, especially as you have to print all your own information off and target members don't get free access. However, if I'm really going to take it seriously this time, immediate access to the syns info on the app is invaluable for when I'm out shopping. Once I'm at target I'll give it up but for now it's an expense I'm choosing. Oh, the website has just been revamped as well and although I'm still finding my way around it, it seems to have ... improved?? What do others think?
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • ArkersArkers Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon everyone,

Just popping in to say "hello," dip in and out even though I don't contribute much. Still hovering near to my target weight (2lbs to get back into range) after all this time. Would like to shift 5lbs before the back end of Jan. I have made a great start this year and if it's ok with you I'll subscribe again to follow everyone's journey.

Arkers x
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Tete and Arkers. You've done well to be just 2lb out of target range after Christmas and New Year. That sounds as though you've been following the plan but not posting, is that right?

Today has gone completely pear shaped but have still managed to finish within syns by a couple!

DH decided he wanted crackers and pate for lunch, so the onion soup is in the fridge ready to reheat for tomorrow's lunch.

I had a Dr's appointment this afternoon and DH came with me and asked whether his blood test results were back and it seems he was supposed to have been sent a letter before Christmas! to say he needed to see a Dr. The receptionist said he wanted to wait there was an appointment half hour later so ended up down there for far longer than expected.

Didn't really want to be cooking something I've never cooked before and having to keep looking at the recipe so we're having jacket potatoes, beans, topped with cheese & some salad on the side.

I've got 2 syns left so may treat myself to a Purple One this evening.

Denise
  • Flat_EricFlat_Eric Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Off topic slightly but which supermarket for best value choice and healthy options? (In particular a supermarket that's reliable for delivering fruit and veg thats been picked for the best date, not bashed etc.) My delivery saver is about to expire and not sure whether to renew.

• bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all :D
    Welcome back Arkers and tete :D
    FE, i never buy fresh stuff like that online so sorry cant advise
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support