Frump to Fab - A Whole New World.

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm still feeling snuffly but I'm glad I have managed to make all the appointments I needed to this week despite being under the weather.:)

We just dropped the dogs off at the vet as we have a Slipknot concert in London tonight. I'm going to wear lots of layers as it still feels bitterly cold. I'm wearing my black mini dress with my black thermal top, black jumper, tights, my higher heeled boots and my sparkly black scarf and new gloves. The new gloves are so much warmer than my old ones! I'm going to wear my other black faux leather jacket, the biker one. I forgot I had two of them!:p

I can't remember if I said on here but I am trying to be more healthy so instead of going out early to the O2 and getting hammered in the bars there (:o:D) I am going to go out later on. We will have a meal at the O2 and then I am only having a few drinks throughout the night. :T

I will have a nice, relaxing pamper session at home before I go out. I will have a hot bath, shave my legs, use body butter, cream my feet and paint my nails red.
    :rotfl: I'm sure it was the flattering explanation.....:D

Of course!;)

I thought about what I had been wearing when I first met her and tried the top on and it is a little baggy and shapeless so that has now been relegated to a pyjama top.:rotfl:
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 January 2020 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Still playing catch up with everyones posts , but i am here, and still fabbing , and following what everyone is doing , Still going swimming regularly , and the extra pounds i put on over christmas are off . Im enjoying healthy eating , today ive made ( All slimming world) Chicken curry to have with rice or a jacket spud, found a brill recipe for blueberry muffins , but im going to try other fruits , strawberrys etc , all will be nice i think , and hit that sweet spot when i get the munchies for chocolate at night , so been making those too , in the freezer i have soups made , parsnip is my favourite, but i have tomatoe too and some stews frozen , so im on it . just hope i can keep all this exersise and healthy eating up , My back is suffering though ( Spondolosis and artheritis ) joys of getting old , so im hoping the swimming will help . Ive found a clothing site , that i really love the styles, so im going to continue with the weight loss before i order some new clothes, but ive got my eye on quite a few from there. Ive had a BIG de clutter with DVDs , my son in particular left so much stuff behind when he left home , tons of DVDs and to be honest we rarely watch any now , with Netflix and streaming , so ive given them the ultimatum , to pick out any they still want ,,rest is going to the Chazza , We had a bag through the door for the air ambulance , collecting Tuesday so some are going in there . Keep fabbing everyone , Cold Dark & Rainy here , but its nice and warm where im sat , and im just off to have a nice hot soak in a bubble bath xxx
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your evening out at the O2 Wednesday . :) I liked hearing about your plans for your outfit. That's a part of fabbing that I really enjoy, so much better than just grabbing anything black to cover up which is more or less where I started. :(

Thanks for posting moll . It's great that you've kept up with all the fabbing. Apparently last Monday was the day for giving up. But we haven't. :D Well done on seeing off Christmas gains, I've been doing that for weeks but I'm back to my November weight at last. I agree that planning ahead is the way to go.

I'm having my hair cut tomorrow. It doesn't look too bad but I know if I leave it another week it will be a mess. Good hair makes such a difference. :)

I've got a particular meeting to attend on Tuesday which can often prove stressful so good hair and a smart outfit gives me confidence. Plus 2 lots of dancing and an exhibition so plenty going on. It's a Pre-Raphaelite exhibition at our local gallery. It finishes next weekend and I've only just realised it's on. :o

It's grey, wet and miserable here today too. Looking forward to a lovely roast and then an evening on the sofa. I love Call the Midwife. :)
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2020 at 12:13AM
    Options
    Maman you sound the twin of me ,,,,,,,,,,,,I love Pre Raphaelite paintings, Wish i was going with you , lol
    Call the Midwife it is for me too ............plus a few others. Been planning next Summers holiday when my friend comes to visit , as we always go off travelling for a week DH is pleased i think , so he doesnt have to go ....... Shes like me and loves the history and old places,,,,,its like pulling teeth for him lol hes off on a moterbike trip with some friends in the summer to france,,,,,we are like chalk & cheese, but been happily married for 47 years he's my soul mate ,
    Hoping to have another swim in the morning , The venue is just a 5 minute drive, so i have no excuse. I was really out of my comfort zone the first time i went , but now im comfortable to go on my own , Just goes to show ,,,we have to have that little bit of confidence and we can do anything

Drawingaline sorry to see youve been a bit low .......We will rock you will cheer you up , We saw it a while ago ,,,,its brillaint
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another CTM fan here, not sure if it's a new series that's on at the mo.My memory is terrible nowadays:rotfl:
    Fabbing wise, I've started taking biotin for hair loss, as my hair's falling out really badly at the mo.It used to be really thick n curly, but now it's thin n wispy. Think it's probably thyroid related:(
    MOLL it's good that You n hubby do separate hols now n then.I never understand couples that are joined at the hip.It'd stifle me:(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Maman - I just ordered some dark red ankle boots as I thought I should try wearing another colour boot instead of just black. They look like they will match a handbag I have already.:)

OMG, Candygirl - biotin, that is what I wanted to buy for my husband as his hair is thinning. Just ordered some, thanks for the reminder.;)

I feel so much better than I did last week. The lurgy has almost completely gone now.

I'm about to have a bath and use a body scrub and then put on body lotion afterwards.:A I picked up some scented candles at the vet yesterday as I had run out.

I don't have much planned for today. I have to do a grocery order and book the dental hygienist for next month. My husband has the week off until Saturday which is nice. We are going to watch the new Star Trek show Picard on Amazon Prime this week.

I need to go to the shop for a few bits and I will wear my new dyed olive green top with my black pencil skirt.
  • savingmore
    Options
    Maman - I just ordered some dark red ankle boots as I thought I should try wearing another colour boot instead of just black. They look like they will match a handbag I have already.:)

I'm about to have a bath and use a body scrub and then put on body lotion afterwards.:A I picked up some scented candles at the vet yesterday as I had run out.

I don't have much planned for today. I have to do a grocery order and book the dental hygienist for next month. My husband has the week off until Saturday which is nice. We are going to watch the new Star Trek show Picard on Amazon Prime this week.

I need to go to the shop for a few bits and I will wear my new dyed olive green top with my black pencil skirt.

ok. very confused....scented candles at the vets?????:rotfl::rotfl:
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2020 at 1:19PM
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

On Monday afternoon I went to watch the film The Gentlemen at Streatham Odeon. I used my Odeon Limitless card to buy my ticket :D

Odeon says....

'The Gentlemen' follows American expat Mickey Pearson (Matthew McConaughey) who built a highly profitable marijuana empire in London. When word gets out that he's looking to cash out of the business forever it triggers plots, schemes, bribery and blackmail in an attempt to steal his domain out from under him.

This was a great crime story with lots of violent action and many laugh out loud moments throughout the film. I was thoroughly entertained and absolutely captivated by the twists and turns in the story. I laughed so many times. For me this film was a 10/10 :j:D

I have been feeling really fatigued in spite of getting lots of sleep each night. I am currently getting between 8 and 10 hours sleep each night, yet I am so bone weary that I still end up having a nap when I am watching television.

I am continuing to eat more healthy meals and snacks, so I hope that by the end of 2020 I will have managed a significant weight loss and really improved my health outcomes.

My Spending Goals for 2020:

My main plans for 2020 is to continue to do a photo inventory of all of my clothes and then make decisions about what items of clothing I am willing to part with. :cool:

I am not buying any new clothes, shoes, sandals, handbags or accessories throughout 2020. :D

I am not buying any new books throughout 2020 (as a complete book lover this will be the hardest achievement) I own more than 100 new books and I am hoping to read at least 50 books in 2020 :D

I am going to concentrate on making savings on necessary spending throughout 2020 and having as many non spending days as possible each month :D

I am going to try to have another year where I am going to spend with caution, but I am going to live a life of full of personal joy :D

I am going to try new activities for my social life this year, but I will still be a regular at Karaoke and nights out of dancing, because they bring me a lot of joy and I hardly spend any money as I only drink bottled water on nights out :D

I am going to have a birthday party for my 58th birthday in April as I can afford to have what I hope is going to be a really good party for all of my family and friends :j

I am going to save as much money as possible throughout 2020. I have managed to save another £700 since the start of 2020 on top of the £2,000 I already had saved, whereas normally I would manage to save £400 maximum in any given month. :D

Normally January is a month where I would do a lot of spending, buying cut price gifts in the sales online to store for family and friends birthdays throughout the year, but I decided not to bother this year. I will buy gifts in the months that the birthdays occur. :cool:

I decided not to go for too many restaurant meals with my adult children in 2020 as it is counter productive for my healthy eating. I got refunds for 6 Groupons for 6 restaurant meals that I would have used until the end of March 2020 which has really helped to boost my savings this month. :D (One of the restaurants had actually closed down since I bought 4 Groupons for it last year even though we had used Groupons for this particular restaurant many times in the recent past)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.....

Lots of fab goals there SUgarbaby. Many of them similar to my own. For me it's all about getting the maxiumum bang for my buck this year. Yes I need to scale back the spending but I want it all......lots of fun stuff, a fabulous house and money in the bank. Not quite sure how I'm going to manage it all but I shall have a jolly good try. ;)

Joiner coming tomorrow, so whilst he's here I'll do some more decluttering. He's going to give me a couple more base units in the kitchen, reusing the wall units I removed. It will look much better, closing up a couple of gaps, and giving me more storage space.

Then I'll get the decorator in to do the ceilings and walls and then I can get cracking painting the cabinets. The kitchen is the last piece of the jigsaw (other than the loft room which can wait until next year) Really looking forward to getting it all finished now.

Have been giving myself lots of TLC, facials, nail care. My skin looks much better and even my hands are much improved. Have also started a daily yoga routine. And a daily walk

Today I'm off out to one of our favourite restaurants for a late lunch. Might have a little mooch round the shops first. Although it's probably a bit early for the summer collections.

Like you SUgarbaby I don't intend buying much this year. I honestly have enough to open my own dress shop......:rotfl: Today I'm wearing one of my new sweater dresses. I've only worn it once so far. And I have several dresses I've not even worn yet. However, I do need to think about undies soon.

Have a fab day y'all.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I am feeling so much better for having early nights and eating more healthily for the last week and a half. It's amazing what it has done for my mood.:)

I am going to scout out charity shops again this week as I remembered I have pods of red and blue fabric dye leftover. I shoved them to the back of the under sink kitchen cupboard but I saw them the other day!

I am getting my husband to massage me later as I have a handheld massager that I haven't even used yet. I got it back in February last year! :o

I have been discovering things in my house as I'm decluttering.:D

On the fabbing front I am also charging my facial massage brush again. Another thing I forgot I had!

I have been using body butter after my showers and baths. My brother bought me some scented body lotion so I will use that when it's used up.:)

I am just going for my daily walk and I'm wearing my dyed purple men's dress shirt with my pencil skirt, tights, boots and my more fitted biker jacket over it.

savingmore wrote: »
    ok. very confused....scented candles at the vets?????:rotfl::rotfl:

Yes, they do their own range of soya candles there so I bought a couple.:cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback