Frump to Fab - A Whole New World.

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely, positive post sugarbaby. You can tell from reading that you're getting back to your old self. What a good idea to combine a restaurant with karaoke. :)

All the best for tomorrow silva. I know I'd feel very frustrated if I couldn't drive even though we have good public transport where I live. Added to that I'm probably the world's worst passenger. DH isn't a bad driver, I just like being in control myself. :o

Following my eye test a couple of week's ago I've been to sort out new glasses today. I've gone for a very similar pair to last time with a faux tortoiseshell frame and another pair of my favourite Raybans.:D:cool:

While I was in the city centre I popped into a CS and bought a Zara, fine knit jumper. It's in olive green which I wanted to wear with my satiny, pleated skirt as my current one is getting a bit old and bobbly.

Out for lunch tomorrow. I haven't decided what to wear yet but I'll make a point of planning something and then I know I'll feel good. I love this fabbing lark. :)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I am feeling very unfab. I went out and had a very heavy drinking night out last weekend and thought I had one hell of a hangover afterwards.

It turned out that it wasn't a hangover as I must have caught a cold. I have had a sore throat, stomach problems, aching arms, legs and shoulders and now a cough. Grr.

I have my MH therapy session today that I don't want to miss and I also have an overdue smear test booked tomorrow and then Saturday I have a concert in London. I will have to soldier on and go to everything as I don't want to cancel anything!

I decided to make an effort today for the therapy to try and make myself look better even if I don't feel well.:rotfl:

I shaved my legs last night and put on body butter. I am going to wear my blue mini dress, blue jumper, tights, boots and my newish blue boucle coat over the top.:) Earrings and a necklace too. Oh yes, my brother bought me some new perfume for Christmas as well so I will put that on as well.:)

Bless him, I could literally be in a plastic sack and he'd still think I was the best thing since sliced bread!! (Don't know quite how I got so lucky!! :love:)

Aw, that is sweet. :A
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Getting my eyebrows waxed and tinted today :) going to make it a regular thing and get them done every 6 weeks. Been continuing to body brush and apply moisturiser every day and definitely think my skin looks and feels better.

Haven't been wearing any makeup for the last week or so but will aim to start this again. Got a few days off so plan to do some flat and garden fabbing. Then at the weekend, we're heading down to see my sister and meet my new niece :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy bunny! Can drive today and got my hair appointment!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I got a compliment of sorts.:think: The therapist looked at me when I first walked in and did a double take and was looking me up and down at what I was wearing.

Either I looked good today or instead I must have looked really bad the first time I saw her.:rotfl: I prefer the flattering explanation.;)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got a compliment of sorts.:think: The therapist looked at me when I first walked in and did a double take and was looking me up and down at what I was wearing.

Either I looked good today or instead I must have looked really bad the first time I saw her.:rotfl: I prefer the flattering explanation.;)

:rotfl: I'm sure it was the flattering explanation.....:D
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good evening lovely ladies....,

Well how we are all. What a lovely week it's been, lots of lovely warm springlike sunshine. I know spring proper isn't here yet so I resolved to put the decorating etc on hold and just make the most of the good weather. I have had a lovely week, nice walks, a spot of gardening, mooching round the shops, being a lady wot lunches.....I've had a fab time.

Fabwise.....I have given myself a skin peel, had a proper facial, had my haircut, treated myself to a gorgeous dress (£1 from the cancer research shop......absolute bargain:D) and lost 3lbs.

Tomorrow I'm hosting a lunch so today I popped into Aldi and bought some tasty deli type bits and pieces, some wine and some flowers whilst still managing to stick to my new frugal budget. :rotfl:

Joiner came today and quoted me for doing some bits and pieces in the kitchen. Very reasonable so he's scheduled to come next week, then I can get the decorator to do his bit.

So all in all a very good week.
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve not posted for a week or two but have been reading along keeping up with you all. I don’t know if it’s been a bit of the lurgy, heavy workload and deadline pressures at work or just as you describe it LL feeling a bit widowy but I’m just not myself and feel really low. I don’t usually wallow or feel sorry for myself. I’m a fixer but I just can’t be bothered and how I’m feeling has really thrown me. The fact I’ve abandoned healthy eating and exercise Is not helping either.

I’ve just read this over and it’s all very woe is me! I know it will pass and I’ll be fine. Tomorrow is a new day. Have a lovely weekend everyone.
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Jellybaby I have been feeling a little low this week too. It was my birthday and I had no present to unwrap. My sister has bought me concert tickets for May, mum and mil sent me money and husband got flowers, and took us all out for a meal in London last weekend. So I knew there would be no physical present, but it still upset me even though I didn't want or need anything. I am putting it down to birthdays over 40 being a bit rubbish in general.

However the £90 I received has just paid for a concert ticket for June, a band I adore who I have never seen who are doing a one off concert. Was lucky to get tickets, me the girl anher best friend will be going. So obviously it was meant to be.

And off to see we will rock you tomorrow. So lots to be thankful for. Still think birthdays suck though!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies...

Dark and depressing here today, not exactly the kind of weather that can help lift a low mood. :o.

I think low mood happens for all sorts of reasons, in my case it's usually linked to "widow moments" but I know lots of people struggle, work,stress,money, or even "just" SAD. (Seasonal affective disorder).

It's hard to know what to do for the best.....sometimes you can work through it and get by with simple self help measures, but sometimes people do need help.

Anyway I hope you both feel a bit better soon.

I'm off with DIL and grandson to a play centre this morning :eek: not looking forward to the noise levels. :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback