Frump to Fab - A Whole New World.

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.....

Another fair weather gardener here so hoping to get out today to make the most of this fabulous sunshine., I'll wait for it to warm up a bit first though, still frosty at the moment.

Moll.....I need to book a chiropodist appt too. Thanks for reminding me, I also need to book an eye test. The car passed its MOT, I think it's time I had one, :rotfl: the lurgy really took it out of me and I do feel I need a boost. Ideally I could do with a nice warm winter sunshine holiday but that's not going to happen this year. Never mind.

At least I'm now sleeping again (couldn't sleep,whilst I was ill) for the last three nights I've slept a good 8 hours straight through and what a difference. I feel more energetic and even my mood is brighter.

Sleep is so important isn't it. It's called beauty sleep for a reason. My skin is already starting to look and feel better.

Sleep, fresh air and water are the magic ingredients......and they are all free!!!

Lost another 1lb. wahoo.

Right time to start the day.

Have a lovely weekend, keeeep fabbing.
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 January 2020 at 3:12PM
    Options
    Lesson Learned I am just so jealous of your 8 hours sleep. I really need to work on that.

And drink water, and get fresh air xx
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • thepurplepixie
    Options
    That is what everyone says when I say I like Russian accents.:rotfl: I don't know if it is common to like that accent? I know some women like French accents but that doesn't really do it for me.

There is a shop near me where both of the owners are Russian. He tried to twirl me around the other day when I went in there, lol. They aren't very attractive though. :rotfl:

I do like Irish accents and some American accents too.:D

I like some Irish accents, not keen on others but I won't say which ones as it could offend someone. I suppose Russian accents must vary, it is a big country, much bigger than Ireland and there is a big difference between say a Belfast and a Cork accent.

A friend of ours married an American from the deep south, we both found their accent irritating and then when we talked about it we realised that it sounded false somehow but we gave ourselves a shake and accepted that they were genuine and gradually really liked it.

Accents are funny things, some seem to be universally disliked. I worked with an Italian lady once and listening to her talking to someone in Italian always sounded totally fascinating, then she would say they were discussing the price of a train ticket or something. How could that sound so beautiful?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm with you purple.....I adore the italian accent :D

Right, fabbing - well, it's been a slow start! :o However, I have been brutal today - I've done the whole 'naked full length mirror' thing and in a few months, when I've got over the shock, I know that I will look better!!! :rotfl: Not quite sure how I have managed to get into the state I'm in but I know that I'm not staying there!!! ;)

I'm away for a few days which means lots of alcohol, crap food and very little sleep, but I decided that while I have the time, I'll do a little fabbing! So, I have defurred, exfoliated, done a hair mask and a face mask and will have a reasonably early night. I have also bought some new dresses - I am sick of looking like a bag lady :o Honestly, I was looking at dh last night when he was sleeping and genuinely not having a clue how he can possibly find me even vaguely attractive at the moment (we've been together for decades so he definitely saw me at my absolute best!) - I'm just incredibly grateful that love really is blind!!!! :eek::rotfl: Bless him, I could literally be in a plastic sack and he'd still think I was the best thing since sliced bread!! (Don't know quite how I got so lucky!! :love:) The point is, this really is for me - I am so fed up of looking poo that I just can't cope with it anymore!!

Anyhoo - I am perfumed, scrubbed and fur free - feeling better about myself already!! ;):D
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies

Fab post squirrelgirl. You're off to a good start. And you're right, whilst it's wonderful that your husband is so enamoured that he doesn't care what you look like (mine was just the same, bless him) you are absolutely spot on when you say you need to do it for you.

That is the best and really should be the primary reason we embark on our Frump to Fab journeys. We should do it for us.

But, as I have said before, the ramifications reach far and wide. You should start to notice changes in your life you never expected. You'll see.:D. And of course, your husband will probably be delighted. It's always lovely when Maman tells us how her husband has noticed and compliments her. Let's face it we all love compliments. :rotfl:

Well had a lovely weekend, thoroughly enjoyed the glorious weather. A foretaste of spring. Weather not so great today so will start prepping the kitchen ready for the joiner and decorator. Then at some point give myself a facial and a mani/pedi.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I woke up on Sunday and at last I had turned the corner with my viral infection. I decided to celebrate with a trip to Streatham Odeon to watch the films Just Mercy and Little Women

On Monday I went to Streatham Odeon to watch the films Bombshell and Bad Boys For Life.

I really enjoyed all 4 of these films and it was great to feel well enough to kickstart my social life n 2020 :j:D

I am on the last month of my Odeon Limitless Card as I have cancelled it. Unfortunately as I was unwell, I cancelled it too late for January's payment by Direct Debit so I can use it up until it expires on 3rd February 2020.

I am going to have a meal in Leilani with my daughter tonight then stay for Karaoke. :D I am really looking forward to it. After this meal, I have 2 more Groupons to use for this restaurant that I bought last year.

I have decided not to buy any more Groupons for meals in restaurants throughout 2020 as my focus has to be on losing weight and getting my blood pressure down to a normal reading and keeping my blood pressure normal.

I also want to concentrate on keeping all of my necessary spending to my personal budget and to have as many no spending days as possible in 2020, while saving as much money as possible.

I will however make sure that I am doing as many activities in 2020 as I can fit in that are cost free or of minimal cost. :D

Normally January is a very high spending month for me, as I will buy cut price gifts for the birthdays of family and friends to put away, but this year I decided not to bother. As a consequence, I have had 20 no spending days and managed to add another £700 to the £2,000 I had already saved. :D

Thanks to the new Lidl store in Camberwell, I am spending a lot less on Groceries every week while eating good quality food and getting non food items at a low price. :D
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Hi SUgarbaby........just dropped in to say good to see you back and that you have finally kicked the virus into touch. It certainly was a horrid one.

Reading your financial plans with interest. Well done on saving so much this month, that's fantastic. I too am on a saving mission now. I really need to claw back on the house renovations overspend and replenish my savings. But without making myself miserable.:rotfl: I still want to get out and about and have some fun.

I have halved my grocery bill this month.....dead chuffed. Don't know how sustainable that is in the long run but I was definitely overspending because tbh I have actually found it quite easy this month. I don't feel remotely deprived, still eating good healthy food. All is good.

Lovely day now. Just having a break and then off for a walk in the sunshine.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So pleased you're feeling better at last sugarbaby. It certainly sounds as if you've got your 'get up and go' back. :)

I'm an Aldi convert so I know exactly what you mean about saving on grocery shopping. We eat very well and very healthily from Aldi and a few bits from other stores. :)

There's been a big move recently to introduce different accents to radio and television. I don't have a problem with that but I do get cross when people confuse a different accent with sloppy speech. My DH has a really lovely voice. It's very Home Counties but gentler that the Royal family.:rotfl:

So pleased you're taking steps squirrelgirl. I often think that just the act of taking a little time out to cosset ourselves gives a great morale boost before obvious signs of improvement. I definitely felt like a bag lady when LL first started this thread but now I like to think that if I was forced to go on a sunshine holiday tomorrow I'd be ready!:D

I did another extra walk on Sunday afternoon, taking advantage of this glorious upturn in the weather. It was 3.3 miles in the hour so not as brisk as I'd like but I went with a group and that was their pace. I've also been keeping up with caring for my nails inclusing buffing and creaming my feet.

Dancing tonight and I'll wear the third winter skirt. This is red wool with decorative stitching round the hem. I think I just haven't worn them because it hasn't been cold enough. I think all three will be keepers.

Today I've made a hair appointment for next Monday. It's looking good at the moment but it's 8 weeks and that's almost too long to keep the shape.

Keep fabbing everyone. You know you're worth it.:A
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.
    Lovely to read you've got your mojo back Sugar baby.

Feeling a bit more positive today, I've only been keeping up with moisturiser and perfume as not been out for a few days. I can drive again tomorrow and I'm desperate to get my hair cut as I had to cancel my last appointment. It will make me feel a bit more human!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 January 2020 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Thanks Silva and all of you other Ladies :D

Yesterday evening I went to Leilani restaurant with my daughter for a meal and then we stayed for Karaoke. We had a Groupon for the meal so it was a bargain as well as being delicious :D

I had a starter of saltfish fritters and my daughter had suya beef with rocket. We both had a Disaronno Gladiator cocktail and a main of steak and chips with salad and pepper sauce with half a grilled tomato. We both really enjoyed our meals. :D

We both enjoyed the Karaoke. There were a good amount of singers and there was a really fun vibe. :D Everyone was in the mood to sing and dance. I did a lot of dancing sitting on my chair. I sang 4 songs:

It's Now Or Never
    by Elvis

Fever by Peggy Lee

Make You Feel My Love by Adele

No Matter What by Boyzone

I got told that in terms of my singing 'you are on fire tonight' by one of the men at Karaoke who is a regular. Then at the end of the night the same man said 'I really enjoyed your singing tonight'. :D I said thank you to the man for both compliments. I was just so happy to be well enough to return to Karaoke. It was good to see all of the regular faces and to see the odd new face at Karaoke. I was relieved as well that after weeks of not being able to sing I was back singing :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback