Virgin Money Current Account

Replies

• typistretiredtypistretired Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    No MSE forum members ordered in bulk online when it was obvious our country would follow Italy & Spain
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    schiff said:
    After the Marcus news I thought I would try to open a second Virgin C/A. Had forgotten much of the way I had accessed the previous one, it was just a memory of repeating everything over and over again. Eventually I got to the text verification stage. The code didn't arrive, I asked for another one. That didn't arrive either and then I was logged out for lack of action on the website. So I sobbed into my cornflakes and thought soddit. The code has just arrived, about 20 minutes later. In duplicate.  
    Not as bad as having to wait for the email and by the time it arrived the link had expired
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fools just sent me a text asking to complete an online survey asking for feedback about my account opening!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I received an email yesterday saying your new statement is available online
  • SuperHans1SuperHans1 Forumite
    127 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    schiff said:
    After the Marcus news I thought I would try to open a second Virgin C/A. Had forgotten much of the way I had accessed the previous one, it was just a memory of repeating everything over and over again. Eventually I got to the text verification stage. The code didn't arrive, I asked for another one. That didn't arrive either and then I was logged out for lack of action on the website. So I sobbed into my cornflakes and thought soddit. The code has just arrived, about 20 minutes later. In duplicate.  
    Kent Reliance have also announced today that they are reducing their rates. The last of my banks to drop their rate since the two base rate drops.
  • edited 13 May 2020 at 11:37AM
    surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 May 2020 at 11:37AM
    schiff said:
    Kent Reliance have also announced today that they are reducing their rates. The last of my banks to drop their rate since the two base rate drops.
    @SuperHans1 how did you hear from them?  There's nothing I can see on their website, and the withdrawn products page still shows my account at the rate it is now

I haven't heard from them yet.  I've got an easy access saver paying 1.3% still with them.  But I also haven't heard from Virgin Money, who I opened an ISA in March which is also paying 1.3% which I will stick another £10k in if I don't hear from them.
  • SuperHans1SuperHans1 Forumite
    127 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @SuperHans1 how did you hear from them?  There's nothing I can see on their website, and the withdrawn products page still shows my account at the rate it is now

I haven't heard from them yet.  I've got an easy access saver paying 1.3% still with them.  But I also haven't heard from Virgin Money, who I opened an ISA in March which is also paying 1.3% which I will stick another £10k in if I don't hear from them.
    Email from them this morning. My 1.5% easy access account is reducing to 1%, the same rate as their current offering.
  • edited 13 May 2020 at 11:46AM
    surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 May 2020 at 11:46AM

Email from them this morning. My 1.5% easy access account is reducing to 1%, the same rate as their current offering.
    I shall wait with baited breath by my Inbox.  At 1% might as well stick with Marcus - at least the Transfers are almost immediate!
    What date are they changing them from (mine is Issue 34)
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What date are they changing them from (mine is Issue 34)
    9th of June
  • edited 13 May 2020 at 1:02PM
    RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 May 2020 at 1:02PM
    The fools just sent me a text asking to complete an online survey asking for feedback about my account opening!
    Ha! It was a piece of cake for me and I will have to give them 10/10 when I respond. Shame, as I love giving scathing feedback.  :)