Virgin Money Current Account

Replies

• colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get three attempts at the PIN before the ATM takes the card so it shouldn't be too much hassle to work out which is which.
    not if you have more than 3 to figure out (maths geniuses will now turn up and say you can work the correct PIN out for more than 3)
  • crumpet_mancrumpet_man Forumite
    329 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Get it wrong twice, cancel and try agan another day.
  • dcs34dcs34 Forumite
    307 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    colsten said:
    You get three attempts at the PIN before the ATM takes the card so it shouldn't be too much hassle to work out which is which.
    not if you have more than 3 to figure out (maths geniuses will now turn up and say you can work the correct PIN out for more than 3)
    If you have more than three I suspect you won't be too interested in using the debit card!  ;)
  • lucazkohlucazkoh Forumite
    22 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Managed to open 2 sole accounts in 2 days, no ID requested, just a manual review it seems from someone on the virgin team. Should I test my luck and go for a third?
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcs34 said:
    If you have more than three I suspect you won't be too interested in using the debit card!  ;)
    I always change the PIN on each of my debit cards to one I can remember, even if the debit card mostly lives in the safe 
  • dcs34dcs34 Forumite
    307 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Interesting that MSE thinks you are limited to 2 (1 sole, 1 joint). Perhaps the T&Cs are being rewritten...
  • schiffschiff Forumite
    20K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcs34 said:
    Interesting that MSE thinks you are limited to 2 (1 sole, 1 joint). Perhaps the T&Cs are being rewritten...
    MSE is not always as imaginative as the posters who look deeper and try new avenues  :)
  • schiffschiff Forumite
    20K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the Marcus news I thought I would try to open a second Virgin C/A. Had forgotten much of the way I had accessed the previous one, it was just a memory of repeating everything over and over again. Eventually I got to the text verification stage. The code didn't arrive, I asked for another one. That didn't arrive either and then I was logged out for lack of action on the website. So I sobbed into my cornflakes and thought soddit. The code has just arrived, about 20 minutes later. In duplicate.  
  • schiffschiff Forumite
    20K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to think that anything with a variable rate on it is a waste of time.
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    schiff said:
    dcs34 said:
    MSE is not always as imaginative as the posters who look deeper and try new avenues  :)
    Sounds a bit like all of those lovely people who cleared the supermarket shelves of toilet rolls.