NST December: Festive Fun

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Well, that's December nearly over. Personally it's been a difficult one for me. I learned last night that the doctors can do no more for my sister in law and are just now trying to keep her comfortable. It's really just official confirmation of what we already knew. But tomorrow is a new year and a new decade and we can only go forward.

I wish you all a happy and healthy new year with lots of laughter and adventures. If things don't go as you've planned pick yourself up and start again. Everything comes right in the end. xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, that's December nearly over. Personally it's been a difficult one for me. I learned last night that the doctors can do no more for my sister in law and are just now trying to keep her comfortable. It's really just official confirmation of what we already knew. But tomorrow is a new year and a new decade and we can only go forward.

I wish you all a happy and healthy new year with lots of laughter and adventures. If things don't go as you've planned pick yourself up and start again. Everything comes right in the end. xxx

Sorry to hear this, I know it's been a really difficult time for you all. Sending love to you and your sister in law and your family.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,073.28 as of 05/24
    Pay off credit card by December 2024 - £0/£2,000
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of love and hugs, Toni'sfriend x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Toni'sFriend - sorry to hear that, it had all seemed so positive in the beginning, sorry to hear she has gone so badly downhill.

mothernerd - glad you and your mum had a good holiday.

misstara - many thanks for running December, see you all in January.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hugs to you and your family Toni'sfriend.

Spent today so ended the month on 14/15 NSDs.

Thanks for joining in, see you all in the January thread :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful we all woke up early enough to get into town, for dd's eye appt going well, for finding exactly what I needed in m+s, for burpees, for dd doing more project work, for cheerful people in liddle, for coins to pay into the bank, for having somewhere warm dry and safe to live.

Thank you misstara for running december x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hugs Toni'sfriend. So sorry to hear that.

I have loved turtling along with you all this December.
    See you over in January's thread, I did not make my 15 NSDs but I came in under budget and let's face it, my December, with Xmas, birthdays, car insurances, school fairs, car MOTs and Services, it is sometimes hard to call

So, onwards into 2020.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hugs Toni'sfriend.

Thanks for the thread misstara.

Today I am grateful for bacon butties, for a quick appointment (a cancellation) with good results and for getting there (late) after over half an hour of waiting for a bus and 'walking' as fast as I could to get there - this left me gasping for breath but the 'workout' (podiatrist's words) gave me excellent results on all my pulse and circulation tests.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve folks!!!

Like many I won't be sorry to see 2019 finish... but there have also been ups as well as the downs. I have happy memories from good times, but it's actually going through the pain, and challenges, and trials that life has thrown me that have made me stronger and helped me grow. Nothing in life really prepares us for losing someone close... and I try and remember that it's all part of the wheel of life... and natural... and try and take comfort in my beliefs I suppose - which for me is that there is something out there after we go... We carry loved ones in our hearts, and in that respect they never really die... Toni'sFriend... big hugs... Still celebrate the new year... and it's ok to move forward... and take those good memories with you.

I'm doing my own letting go at the moment surrounded by journals and planners... I need a planner to plan what I am going to be writing in them all haha.

I didn't make 15 NSDs... just 14... bearing in mind I did blow my budget last month! This month however is going better (pay day was over a week ago... and I'm still on track!!!) I'm looking forward to a fresh new month and am excited to be a part of NST's January Challenge. Thank you again Misstara for December and to AppleMuncher for January!

xxx
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news Toni's friend :( ((Hugs)) to you and your family.
    I am up to NSD 14, so won't quite make the target. Thanks for running December Miss Tara, and looking forward to catching up with everyone in 2020. Looking forward to hanging up my new calendar and starting my new diary tomorrow :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure