Lloyds account fee

Options

Comments

• TangoGolf
    Options
    Also got the letter dated 14th and also last month got a small amount of interest even though i too have no direct debits set up. I guess they'll say it's a computer error!
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    I've had the same letter, even though I have paid £1,500 in.

I've also been paid 15p interest, although I don't have any Direct Debits going from the account.

I believe interest is paid in the first month of opening the account regardless of DDs, as the transfer may have completed late in the calendar month after any DDs were due. That was certainly the case for me.
  • youngretired
    Options
    My sister received one of these and when she phoned them they said that a batch of these letters had all been sent out in error. So as long as you met the requirement I wouldn't worry.
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also received the letter yesterday. Like many here I opened an account and switched over to receive the switch incentive. I transferred the £1500 from a different banking group. Will be monitoring the account for charges, but so far I've not been charged the £3 fee (not sure if they take it on a specific date?)
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought the letter was a gentle reminder to pay in the £1500 or pay the fee. I ignored it at first then checked our accounts, nothing charged of course as we met the requirements. Nice to know it's a mailing mistake by Lloyds, it's in the bin anyway.
  • deadendwaterfall
    Options
    Brewer20 wrote: »
    I thought the letter was a gentle reminder to pay in the £1500 or pay the fee. I ignored it at first then checked our accounts, nothing charged of course as we met the requirements. Nice to know it's a mailing mistake by Lloyds, it's in the bin anyway.
    With your details redacted, I hope?
    :o
  • moneywow1
    Options
    Got the same letter.

I called them and spoke to a guy who confirmed that I had met the requirements, and there was no fee.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What a waste of the bank's money when you add the cost of postage to the stationery. Not our concern of course but it's not the sort of thing you like to read on MSE!
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    What a waste of the bank's money when you add the cost of postage to the stationery. Not our concern of course but it's not the sort of thing you like to read on MSE!

It's amazing how often banks succeed in irritating people in the course of giving them free money......
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Havn't had the letter but thanks to OP and others for mentioning this as I now know not to bother checking/calling if I do receive it and to just bin it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure