Lloyds account fee

Options
Ok i am aware that i need to pay in £1500 per calendar month to avoid the £3 charge.

Not sure if i am missing something but here goes

12 oct 2019 switch TOO Lloyds begins
14th oct they pay me £125 incentive
18th oct switch complete i pay in £1500

18th nov 2019 i pay in £1650
18th nov i move £1200 out

1st online statement appears yesterday 22nd no fee to pay or any other charges made against me

open mail today and have a letter from LLoyds dated 14th nov and it states the usual benefits of this that and the other and goes on to say

" We've noticed that since you opened your account you haven't paid in the minimum amount so we won't be able to refund the fee for this calendar month"

So am i missing something and having a stupid moment?

what are the dates of my calendar month is it the 12th when the switch process started or the 18th when it was completed either way am fairly sure i met the requirement's.

thanks

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got same letter this morning.

Phoned them and they said it was sent in error and apologised. Shall be keeping an eye on it to make sure fee isn't charged.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 November 2019 at 11:42PM
    Options
    I have a similar situation to you, NotRichAtAll and BoGoF. Letter dated 14 November arrived today. I telephoned and, after checking when I was on hold, I was told that it was an error. The £3 will be charged on my next statement and, at the end of that day, the £3 will be refunded.

I was able to give details of the £1,500 deposited on 04 November and I had met their requirements with Direct Debits for interest. I'm not sure, as I forgot to ask, if the interest will be paid this month.

It sounds as if this error has affected a number of us and will hopefully just be a hiccough.

Crimson 60
  • Peter999_2
    Options
    I also got that letter as well even though I have definitely put more than £1500 for the last couple of months.
  • deadendwaterfall
    Options
    I've received the letter too, but was wondering if it was because paying in the money from another Lloyd's Banking Group owned bank (my Halifax account) doesn't satisfy the requirement, it has to be from an unrelated source, ie NatWest?

I'll go to a branch during next week and see if they'll say it was an error.
    :o
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,978 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 November 2019 at 12:09PM
    Options
    I've received the letter too, but was wondering if it was because paying in the money from another Lloyd's Banking Group owned bank (my Halifax account) doesn't satisfy the requirement, it has to be from an unrelated source, ie NatWest?

Internal transfers(SO) do satisfy the requirement.

Many on here & I have been cross firing (a to b, b to a) the monthly requirement from my own Lloyds accounts for years, never mind LBG acs.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I paid from a different banking group and still got the letter.
  • atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    are u sure internal transfers definitely satisfy the funding requirement if set up over standing order?
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haven't had a letter yet, but at least if I do get one, I know it's not just me.

Is the auto-refund an automatic thing, or only if you ring up and query it?
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had the same letter, even though I have paid £1,500 in.

I've also been paid 15p interest, although I don't have any Direct Debits going from the account.
  • Tammydreaper
    Options
    I also got the letter,so I phoned them.The woman I spoke to seemed clueless.She started going on about Direct Debits,as she said it was a standard letter.I switched over with two?

There has been no £3 charge added to my account though,at least not as yet anyway.

Could they be be sending out this letter as standard to all new accounts opened perhaps?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure