Lloyds account fee

Options

Comments

• moneywow1
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    What a waste of the bank's money when you add the cost of postage to the stationery. Not our concern of course but it's not the sort of thing you like to read on MSE!

Yeah this is one thing I really hate. They always encourage you to switch to paperless statements, but then constantly send garbage in the post which just ends up in the bin.
  • Missus_Hyde
    Options
    We've had the same letters for both our new Club Lloyds a/c's.

I've put another £1500 through the accounts just in case and after finding that other people have had the letter sent in error (probably a computer generated glitch on new accounts, as we haven't had one for our long standing CL account) I shan't bother contacting them unless they don't refund the £3 fee.
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • Brewer20
    Options
    With your details redacted, I hope?

Address, any personal details etc removed for shredding before the reminder gets binned.:)
  • Brewer20
    Options
    moneywow1 wrote: »
    Yeah this is one thing I really hate. They always encourage you to switch to paperless statements, but then constantly send garbage in the post which just ends up in the bin.

I keep getting stuff from RBS about my account, switched away from them earlier this year. It seems a waste of resources but I don't think anyone has told there mailing dept.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    I've had the letter, first was in Ocober phoned Lloyds and told no fee but they couldn't explain it and won't get another.

Today got another:)

No £3 fee was charged let alone refunded at beginning of November.

Look forward to Decembers letter;)
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,627 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 November 2019 at 6:21PM
    Options
    Yet another one who has received the letter here. I saw this thread before phoning them so it's good to know it's not just me who has qualified but still received this message.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Got my letter this morning. Mail is a little slower to filter down to this neck of the woods - I was starting to feel left out!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I got my letter this morning,
    I opened my account early October but only managed to get one DD out.
    November I had 2 go out, so should I receive my first interest payment in December ?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    As an aside, can anyone point me to where Lloyd's specify what thy mean by the term "calendar month", is it 1st to 28/29/30/31st of the month, or one month from date of account opening and so on?

I've tried searching and can't find the answer..
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    We've had the same letters for both our new Club Lloyds a/c's.

I've put another £1500 through the accounts just in case and after finding that other people have had the letter sent in error (probably a computer generated glitch on new accounts, as we haven't had one for our long standing CL account) I shan't bother contacting them unless they don't refund the £3 fee.

Just done the same for our two. If I do get charged I'll be complaining officially and they can pay for the distress. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure