Lloyds account fee

Options

Comments

• alandaniel132
    Options
    Is it possible to deposit £1,500 and then within 2 mins, withdraw £1,500?
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it possible to deposit £1,500 and then within 2 mins, withdraw £1,500?

Yes, it can even be seconds.
  • alandaniel132
    Options
    Thanks.

Can i bank in £750 at 10am, then withdraw £750 at 10.10am to another bank, and then deposit to llodys again at 10.15am £750, and withdraw again.

Is it okay to do that to get a total £1,500 and also able to waive the fees?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks.

Can i bank in £750 at 10am, then withdraw £750 at 10.10am to another bank, and then deposit to llodys again at 10.15am £750, and withdraw again.

Is it okay to do that to get a total £1,500 and also able to waive the fees?

Yes.
    What you need to make sure is that the money is already in your account before you transfer it out.
  • alandaniel132
    Options
    oh, if not, i will have -negative, and occur a overdraft.

I always login back my lloyds internet banking and check
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Calendar month is the whole month of that month i.e. 1st to 30th November etc. .

That's not how we reckon birthdays. If your baby is for example one month old today, it means he was born on the 6th November.
    6 Nov to 6 Dec = one calendar month.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's not how we reckon birthdays. If your baby is for example one month old today, it means he was born on the 6th November.
    So the baby was born in the calendar month of November, and the first month of his life doesn't correspond to a calendar month.

Perhaps such a thing exists within HMRC, but I've never seen a calendar displaying each month starting on the 6th....

I know that there are some online dictionaries that offer your definition as a secondary one behind the named month one but as I understand it that's an Americanism that isn't used in the UK - has anyone encountered a UK institution using the non-named month definition?

As per earlier posts, some UK financial institutions choose to use the concept of a statement month or an account month, where this is carefully defined as starting on the day an account is opened, but they don't claim this to be a calendar month.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I doubt if anybody would use the phrase "calendar month" in relation to birthdays.

How often, if ever, have you heard anybody say a baby was "X calendar months" old? It just doesn't happen; we just say months.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    That’s a “month”, not a “calendar month”. Young retired’s definition is correct.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    As an aside, can anyone point me to where Lloyd's specify what thy mean by the term "calendar month", is it 1st to 28/29/30/31st of the month, or one month from date of account opening and so on?

I've tried searching and can't find the answer..

To me this means Oct, Nov, Dec etc.
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure