Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback

Options

Comments

• londoncarl
    londoncarl Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    jhanlon wrote: »
    some info on this website appears now to be out of date. It still says that no purchase is necessary for the Uswitch wine offer but I've just done it and you have to spend £79.99 to use the £40 voucher, so it's only really a half price deal. I wouldn't have used it if I'd have known! :mad:

I also got the £40 voucher but managed to order a free case of wine from Virgin. The trick is to not go through the main website but follow the (confusing) instructions in the letter. In any case the wine was delivered within a week.
    :beer:
  • pigeonpie
    pigeonpie Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with EDF dual fuel and thought about switching. However the comparison sites have my current tariff incorrectly set out (they say it's higher than it is) thus rendering comparisons totally misleading. Is there a switch website where you can enter what you are actually paying (per unit or KwH) as well as your consumption p.a in £s and then do a check? EDF also have free phone calls to CS whereas most others seem to have 0845s which adds up too, so unless I can find a like for like comparison, I'm staying put (unless they put their tariffs up again).
    Just be warned that sometimes you aren't comparing your actual tariff (this can be hard to find on some of the comparison/switching websites).
  • worldwheeler
    Options
    Terrylw1 wrote: »
    See previous post about the time thing. Here are the contact details:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/ContactUs/

Beware moneysupermarket:naughty: as if you have used them in the past you will not be paid for any other service. See email I recieved below. I bet THEY still got paid by my new utilities supplier for the switch.

Thank you for your email,

After looking into your account details I can see that you have already been paid for a switch you made to British Gas early 2007. As per our terms and conditions only one payment can be made per household.

Many Thanks,

Stefan Mustieles
    Utilities & Broadband Consultant
    main stream media is a propaganda machine for the establishment.
  • MoneyMiser
    MoneyMiser Posts: 571 Forumite
    Options
    Beware moneysupermarket:naughty: as if you have used them in the past you will not be paid for any other service. See email I recieved below. I bet THEY still got paid by my new utilities supplier for the switch.

Thank you for your email,

After looking into your account details I can see that you have already been paid for a switch you made to British Gas early 2007. As per our terms and conditions only one payment can be made per household.

Many Thanks,

Stefan Mustieles
    Utilities & Broadband Consultant

It clearly states this in the terms and conditions :rolleyes: You should have read that first and used a different website or even better a cash back website.

Look Here http://www.moneysupermarket.com/utilities/cashback.aspx

MM
  • GTG
    GTG Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MoneyMiser wrote: »
    It clearly states this in the terms and conditions :rolleyes: You should have read that first and used a different website or even better a cash back website.

Look Here http://www.moneysupermarket.com/utilities/cashback.aspx

MM

I must admit I would n't think of reading all the small print when deciding which switching service to use but it looks like it's necessary to avoid disapointment!

Are there any other switching services out there that only pay out once per household per lifetime?
  • puddings_2
    puddings_2 Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Options
    I've just used moneysupermarket to find the best dualfuel tariff for me which, the same as for a lot of other posters on here, came out as Eon. It will save almost £100 per year.

I closed the moneysupermarket website and opened quidco, applied to Eon through there for the extra £55 cashback.

Eon will also give me 1200 Tesco clubcard points over the year: worth almost another £50 on top, so today I'm one happy chappie.

So I reckon in total, changing to Eon has made me about £200 :-)
  • EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    Options
    I have now reached stage 2 with E.On, which was giving them my actual meter numbers for both gas and electric, which I have now done online. Plus EDF called me and made a (half hearted 5 seconds) attempt at retaining me and also wrote to me saying bye bye. As soon as I said 'I tried to stay with EDF but was told you can't match E.On' he gave up easily on the phone and pretty much said that was true. So much for wanting customer loyalty!
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    In process of switching from British Gas to e-on.
    Got a letter from British Gas asking me to "contact us so we can settle your account details".
    Why did they not phone me? Or write to me with an amount owing / owed?
    Is this standard practice?
  • Browntrout_2
    Options
    I used uSwitch to check my options and it came up with moving from EDF Online V4 dual fuel monthly debit to EON Online Dual fuel saves me ~£200.

So I went to Quidco and applied this morning, the £55 is already tracked!

The EON website suggested a direct debit that was way too low, I think this may be a ploy to capture new business, however I set it higher but still £15 less than currently paying...
    If it takes a man a week to walk to walk a fortnight how long does it take a fly with tackity boots on to walk through a barrel of treacle?
  • mbge5amw
    Options
    I have yet to see if it materialises, but I figured this was worth a mention to see if it can help anyone else:
    I am with Scottish Power and their terms and conditions (section 5.8 http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/mediaassets/doc/tandc.pdf ) states that if you tell them within 10 days of them notifying you of the price hike that you wish to leave, then they should stick to the pre hike price until the switch goes through.
    With a 15% hike, and a month to do the switch, that works out at about a tenner saved for me - I hope.
    Andy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure