Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback

Options

Comments

• mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    I';ve just done a comparison with energyhelpline and npower has come out on top for me.
    Last week it wasn't.........EDF was then Eon..............I'm really confused now..............almost switched last week.......now it looks like I might as well stay put.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • pixiefish_2
    Options
    Which ones did martin say this morning to avoid. The Scottish ones I think wasn't it. Apart for some ones he said to switch
  • pixiefish_2
    Options
    have just found this on the gm.tv website- a transcript of Martin's interview this morning- ''Having been yelling "don't switch" for the last six weeks or so (see a full chart of energy price rises) now all but one of the big providers have hiked their fuel prices. The sixth, Scottish & Southern, is freezing costs until 30 March after which it'll almost certainly increase, but as that's too long a wait, use a comparison site then switch and ditch to get the cheapest fuel right now'''
  • Jeep_2
    Options
    I subscribed to Which? a couple of weeks ago (£1) for one month [although it will be active until April 1st], in order to view certain tests...However, I noticed their Switch with Which? post - and decided to fill in the necessary details. Switching to E-ON from EDF Energy will save us £221 a year on the dual fuel tariff, bonus for paperless accounts and reading own meters (furnished readings for EDF anyway), and will gain one Tesco Clubcard point for every pound spent. No hassle - Which? are doing it all.

Spoke to an operative yesterday and will be switching my Mum's supplier too, as you do NOT have to register with Which? in order to use this service.
  • somerset_jools
    Options
    Just to let people know that Moneysaving supermarket comparison will not pay out £30 cashback if you switch your Gas/ Elec to EBICo from EDF.
    I rang them to do a switch and was told to contact EBICO direct, even though there are no contact details, then asked about the cashback deal and was told it was not avaiblable if l switched to EBICO.
    Will contact EBIC now and see what they say.:rolleyes:
  • jhanlon
    Options
    some info on this website appears now to be out of date. It still says that no purchase is necessary for the Uswitch wine offer but I've just done it and you have to spend £79.99 to use the £40 voucher, so it's only really a half price deal. I wouldn't have used it if I'd have known! :mad:
  • Lizbt
    Options
    What's more, they sign you up for WineDirect which debits you automatically £20 a month for you to spend it on wine!! NOT high on my money saving list of priorities!:mad: :mad:
  • bluejosiah
    Options
    I have done the comparison and E-on come out as the cheapest, however reading the reviews they are extremely poor, has anyone had experiences with them?

Also there are two diffrerent rate one with standing charge and one without, which one is the best? and what exactly is the difference?
    :A
    I've just put the phone down to E-ON and I find them INCREDIBLY HELPFUL EVERYTIME. I was already with E-ON before I decided to do a price comparison. Two sites said that they were the cheapest provider for me but on a different version, but I couldn't switch on uswitch (maybe because I wasn't a new customer). I phoned E-ON to get clarification on their version 5 tarrifs as one had a standing charge and one didn't. I was told that the standing charge option was for customers who have a prepayment card (or something - I can't quite remember because it didn't apply to me). They'd be able to tell you on 0800 0563856. So my saving is £62.09 a year. I asked how often 'new versions' come out and was told everytime there is a price change. I am always so happy with the E-ON customer service that I would almost be tempted to stay with them even if they weren't the absolute cheapest.
  • GTG
    GTG Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it possible to go through the likes of Quidco, Rpoints, Greasy palm etc to an Energy Switcher and get cash back from both ?

Thanks
  • avaline_2
    Options
    Just done the switch from npower to EDF and estimated savings are a massive £426 per year - or about 28% based on my current suppliers new tarrif! :j

I didnt even realise there was anything other than a standard or pre-pay tarrif until I didthe comparisons. Doh!

Only been using this site a couple of months & Ive already saved a fortune. I cant believe how stupid & lazy Ive been until now - and Im the one thats supposedly good with money in my household! Well I am now!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback