The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback

Comments

• I received an email from Scottish Power today stating they are putting up their charges from the 2nd February 2008
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • MARTINS_DOLL
    MARTINS_DOLL Posts: 11,141 Forumite
    I received an email from Scottish Power today stating they are putting up their charges from the 2nd February 2008

Thanks for the info. I'm with them currently for my Gas supply.
    ................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................
  • Hi

I'm currently with E-on and have run the comparision on Energyhelpline. They say I would be able to save around £200 per year by staying with E-on but switching to a different tariff.
    Question is, can I do this through Energyhelpline and still get the cashback or is this not really seen as a switch?

thanks
  • mud7dan
    mud7dan Posts: 33 Forumite
    well ive chewed off my nails lost my hair but,but i finally used energyline and have switched well waiting to be switched anyway. goodbye bg and edf welcome £210 savings e-on.and cash back!!! back me up forum buddies ,have i done it right? went smoothly but 1 question tried many times to give them elec no ,wouldn't go on slots(may be they allready know) and the gas no worked!

now i wait tick tock ? for change!!!!!
  • I have done the comparison and E-on come out as the cheapest, however reading the reviews they are extremely poor, has anyone had experiences with them?

Also there are two diffrerent rate one with standing charge and one without, which one is the best? and what exactly is the difference?

:A
    This is a do-it-yourself test for paranoia: you know you've got it when you can't think of anything that's your fault.
    Robert M. Hutchins
  • Just been on moneysupermarket and EDF come out with a whopping £208 saving for me, reviews dont come out to good though.
    Considering changing to them, but after searching on moneysupermarket its not clear if EDF will notify my old provider (Npower) of the switch.
    Do I have to contact Npower myself or will EDF do it auto?
  • tony98
    tony98 Posts: 539
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dippenhall wrote: »
    On the various comparison websites it says I would save about £145 a year witching from British Gas dual fuel Click 4 energy to EON....sounds great. But when I went on to the EON website and did a check on their comparison website it says that I would only save £3 a year???!!! What should I trust? Do the comparison websites over-estimate the savings, can they be trusted to produce the correct figures? Has anyone switched, only to find that the savings are not as they expected?
    They include the commission you will receive in the savings but that wont explain all of it. It could be your region ?
    I am on click energy 4 and got a very small saving with EON when using comparison site.:confused:
  • I'm with EDF for dual fuel and according to the comparison site, the new BG Click 5 will save me aund £200 pa, plus I get £60 cashback. I duly went for that deal a few days ago, then got an email (think it might've been from motleyfool) saying that Clikc 5 is one of the most expensive online tariffs around. Should I cancel the switch, as I belive I have 14 day cooling off period?
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • Be aware that I switched my electricity supplier with uswitch and received the an email with the £40 wine voucher attached the very next day.

Great I thought...however trying to use it is not quite so simple. Expected to use the voucher simply for a free case of wine, not so. You have to spend £79.99 pluss £5.99 carriage to get a discount of £40! Not what the offer stated and wish that I had switched with moneysupermarket for the £30 cash! Not very happy at all despite me speaking with Virgin Wine cusomer service department for nearly an hour trying to sort it out and explain how the offer was portrayed. That of a free case of wine in exchange for the voucher. Absolute rip off!
  • Once you switch your new supplier will contact your current supplier advising that you are moving supplier. You will get a letter from both suppliers, one thanking you for the new business, and one expressing regret that you are leaving and asking you to stay...too little to late, stick with your new choice!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback