£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Options

Comments

• crumpetman
    Options
    I have a club Lloyds account already so I downgraded to classic, logged out, logged in to check it had updated, logged out again and applied for a new club Lloyds and selected "I already have an account, stay logged out" or words like that.

Application went through no problem, switch details input and new club account shows in my existing online account.

Now, the question is what to do after the £125 is paid. I would like to keep my original Lloyds account and change it back to club so I can earn some interest and to avoid having to move the DDs to the new Club account. Is it ok to downgrade the new Club to classic and then upgrade the old account to Club? It would I be better just to move the DDs to the new Club?
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Try doing it not logged in and select 'I am not already a customer' - that sometimes seems to work and after you have got the account it is pretty good at linking it to your login details.

Cheers. Doing it that way was next on the list, but wasn't sure if that'd cause an issue. All worked, though. Got accepted and started the switch. It's already showing up in my online banking. :beer:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    crumpetman wrote: »
    I have a club Lloyds account already so I downgraded to classic, logged out, logged in to check it had updated, logged out again and applied for a new club Lloyds and selected "I already have an account, stay logged out" or words like that.

Application went through no problem, switch details input and new club account shows in my existing online account.

Now, the question is what to do after the £125 is paid. I would like to keep my original Lloyds account and change it back to club so I can earn some interest and to avoid having to move the DDs to the new Club account. Is it ok to downgrade the new Club to classic and then upgrade the old account to Club? It would I be better just to move the DDs to the new Club?
    That should be possible but...

1. Might miss out on some interest, and
    2. Might lose all lifestyle benefits until 1st renewal of the last one upgraded?
  • crumpetman
    crumpetman Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    My original Club has a magazine subscription as the lifestyle benefit and I'm not fussed it it stops. For the new Club I did not select a lifestyle benefit during the application. My thinking is the £125 bonus will make up for some lost interest and possibility of no magazine sub.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    crumpetman wrote: »
    My original Club has a magazine subscription as the lifestyle benefit and I'm not fussed it it stops. For the new Club I did not select a lifestyle benefit during the application. My thinking is the £125 bonus will make up for some lost interest and possibility of no magazine sub.
    You get an email with a link shortly after your new ac is opened (next day in my instance). So you can renew your subscription/change your reward/opt out.
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    I don't seem to have much luck with switches! It wouldn't let me off the first screen on Firefox (the "continue" button just goes blue when I click it - doesn't seem to be connected up to anything), and when I tried on my smartphone it let me go aaaaaaaaall the way to the bit where you would click the final submission (the end of the switching screen) and then didn't give me a button to press! So I couldn't submit it.

Am I right in thinking that if I don't get an e-mail that means it hasn't gone through at all?

I think I have Chrome at work, so I'll try again tomorrow if I have time. It's all a bit frustrating though! I mean I know it's easy to find fault with other people's jobs without appreciating the complexities, but isn't "testing to make sure all the buttons are there and do what they're supposed to do" quite a basic part of website creation? It's not like I'm using some obscure browser that I made myself.
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cheers for the replies its probably going to be the open a monza account then switch out option i'll take after reading your replies

the flexplus for me will become useless at the end of december so perhaps that will be the time to use that as my switching account from them on.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    schiff wrote: »

My application a little while ago stopped dead at the end of page 4 with no means of getting to the last page. In a phone call I was asked to phone 0800 085 9174 tomorrow to complete it. I assume that's a dedicated switching team number.

Which may be useful for others :)

Update: what happened to me is a known issue. They made me an appointment (through the phone call - they have access to branch appointment books!) with a local branch for tomorrow.

Which is convenient! :)
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    for the £1500.00 monthly deposit requirement, can you do the same as could be done with the Halifax/BoS accounts and just roll it from one Lloyds account to the other (i.e quick transfer) or does the £1500.00 need to be from an external source?

thank you.
  • crumpetman
    Options
    internal transfers count
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business