£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Options

Comments

• pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 October 2019 at 9:02AM
    Options
    two slightly different processes for the same thing for me and OH.
    both did the "downgrade and open new CL account" process last night.
    both opened new account while logged in and both have new accounts opened and showing in online banking.

with mine the amount of info required during the signup was minimal, with my OH's it seemed just about a full application.
    mine gave a switch option at the end, with OH's we had to find the switch option in options.

with mine i got a text saying switch request received, nothing so far for OH.

mine has already had the lifestyle benefits email and i have chosen, nothing for OH.

i suspect my OH's account is considerably older than mine and was probably opened initially in branch whereas mine would be online so maybe that accounts for the info they had "on file".

will wait to see what happens now.

edit: and as if by magic at 9am exactly my OH has her initial switch text. :)
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Online application done, accepted and account set up with switch date chosen for 18/10. Just need card and letter with code to set up internet banking and we're good to go. Roll on the switch cash for Christmas!
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    just opened the monzo account all verified i assume i need to wait for the card and then to activate it and then deposit into it before switching out.

Looking at monza it actually looks like a pretty decent account to have so will try to avoid incuring their wrath as i might open another one later if they let me hmm
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Point to remember.

If you've given away/sold your Club Lloyds cinema tickets, think before closing your Club Lloyds in case you inconvenience the new ticket owners.
    Ashen wrote: »
    I did that a few months ago - what I did to check was to try to use them on the Vue website (and would have not completed the booking if they were accepted - I know they don't get used just by entering it) - codes were invalid, so they must have been used.

Thanks for above, but note Cineworld website does not allow the same "trick' as Vue

I realised that one can also ring the Club Lloyds benefits number 0345 303 0303, and they will tell you how many cinema tickets remain unused.

I did this today, to learn that my ticket buyer still has 4 unused tickets .... I've emailed him previously but not received a reply.

So I can't do a new Club Lloyds account and close the old one. I'd be very happy to reimburse my ticket buyer instead but no communication channel....
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,100 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 7 October 2019 at 2:40PM
    Options
    19.The Lifestyle Benefits are for personal and non-commercial use and cannot be sold, made available or otherwise transferred to any third party for commercial gain.

• keiran
    Options
    19.The Lifestyle Benefits are for personal and non-commercial use and cannot be sold, made available or otherwise transferred to any third party for commercial gain.

Yes, but many have been re-selling on ebay, facebook, Schpok, etc for years without any issue
  • keiran
    Options
    Quick update - Buyer of tickets made contact and has been refunded by me. So onto another bank switch incentive!!
  • xxdeebeexx
    xxdeebeexx Posts: 1,964 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm having trouble opening a new Club LLoyds.

I downgraded my old one on Friday morning and tried to apply for a new CL just now. I have tried being logged in and not being logged in = as if I were a new customer.

I've changed browsers and cleared cookies and still get the notice that I've already got one of these accounts (have a joint account with oh)

Has anyone found a solution to this problem...what if I was to use a different email address would that work?

many thanks

dx
  • youngretired
    Options
    Only way we could do it as we hold a joint is apply by phone.
  • xxdeebeexx
    xxdeebeexx Posts: 1,964 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only way we could do it as we hold a joint is apply by phone.

Thanks for the help

Did you initiate the switch on the phone or online after the account was opened?

dx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport