£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Options

Comments

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pfpf wrote: »
    I guess the cinema tickets already received for the current CL account will be cancelled by downgrading?
    I have used this years vouchers as a gift to someone who will probably spread them over the year :(

if I could manage to downgrade/reapply would the new CL account receive the vouchers?

thank you.

No, the existing ones would be cancelled if you downgraded. It goes by account, not by customer.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    It is by no means certain they will be cancelled.

If you downgraded/reapply then you will 'start again' and have to apply for your vouchers (or magazine or whatever) again for the next 12 months - an email will arrive within a couple of days asking you to make your reward choice.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 October 2019 at 7:27PM
    Options
    fenwick458 wrote: »
    I opened on the 1st, £125 went in yesterday. Have to wonder what they get out of this?
    Customers.

Some people in Lloyds will get promotion /bonus for sudden increase of the number of accounts opened, maybe new customers? So we are actually helping them to achieve their goal. But for the benefit of shareholders, I am not quite sure.

This is sometimes important if the performance indicators is highly weighted on short term performance, the long term performance might suffer but when that time has come the people who make this decision might have already moved to other Banks with higher position.

You find this type of managers in any industry.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Having done most of the other switches I'm in a perfect position for this! I've reduced my Bank of Scotland account to not very much due to the 1% interest. It has four DDs in it, two of which will occur after the switch date and before the end of the month. I have been using the BoS account to service regular savers to meet the £1000 deposit for their interest and I'll continue that with Lloyds.

My application a little while ago stopped dead at the end of page 4 with no means of getting to the last page. In a phone call I was asked to phone 0800 085 9174 tomorrow to complete it. I assume that's a dedicated switching team number.

Which may be useful for others :)
  • quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 October 2019 at 7:34PM
    Options
    Heidiho wrote: »
    Thanks to the OP for this. Account opened 1/10/19 and £125 received 4/10/19.

And with a 2.5% reg saver and the ability to pay cheques in via the app I’ll be keeping this one open!:beer:

Note you can have the 2.0% reg saver as well :money:
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i'm currently happy with my accounts the only one i would like to switch out is my nationwide flex plus the 3% interest ends at the start of november so would be an ideal opportunity but i also have the 5% regular saver until december 31st which is when the payment of interest is made.

Does anyone know what happens to nationwide flexplus regular savings account when the main account is closed or switched out.

probably not the best place to post but wondered if any kind soul knew or had experience of this ?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    frago wrote: »
    https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/terms-and-conditions/flex-regular-online-saver

Just open a Monzo account and switch that to Lloyds? Or open another Nationwide account (FlexAccount) to switch to Lloyds?
    Opening a FlexDirect before switching the FlexPlus may be the simplest/best option?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Options
    note you can have the 2.0% reg saver as well :money:

2% ??..........................
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Sure, if they didn't have one before...
    Doesn't matter if they did or didn't. If they had one before they just won't get 5% that's all...but then again they won't get 3% from November anyway.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    So why is it better/simpler than the Flexacct? Asking genuinely. My FD is switching out at the moment (to Club Lloyds), and I'm keeping the FlexPlus for the insurance perks, so if I ever need a sacrificial account...
    1. There isn't as much abuse, ie it won't be opened and immediately switched. Personally I never abuse providers I want a long term relationship with (eg the Select credit card is a product I want to keep).
    2. It pays 1% (if they've had one before, and they almost certainly have otherwise why save at 3%?).
    3. Should Nationwide have a change of heart on a regular saver product they'll probably automatically qualify, if eligibility remains as it was.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure