PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Options

Comments

• FrugalLina
    Options
    Yes, tighteningthebelt, your name is perfect for this thread and well done on the slimmer waist!

I foraged for my chestnuts and netted 200g, there was only one per husk worth saving. But that is fabulous - my protein sorted for this evening's dinner (I need a break from beans)!
    31.5/100
  • Blue_Doggy
    Options
    Hello, everyone :) Hope you’re all well.

Just flying in to say “Hi”. I’ve been taking advantage of the nice day to get into the garden, just off for a long bath.

Food Today:
    B: bacon and eggs
    L: sardine salad, cinnamon yogurt
    D: veg soup, jacket spud with baked beans, m’wave baked apple with yogurt
    Will have one square of chocolate with coffee after bath.
    “Tomorrow is another day for decluttering.”
    Decluttering 2023 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️
  • honeythewitch
    Options
    Blue_Doggy wrote: »
    Hello, everyone :) Hope you’re all well.

Just flying in to say “Hi”. I’ve been taking advantage of the nice day to get into the garden, just off for a long bath.

Food Today:
    B: bacon and eggs
    L: sardine salad, cinnamon yogurt
    D: veg soup, jacket spud with baked beans, m’wave baked apple with yogurt
    Will have one square of chocolate with coffee after bath.

That sounds very disciplined. :cool:

I have been hungry all day long so added an extra meal instead of picking.

Beef and pickled onion butty.

Steak chips mushrooms onions salad.

eggs on toast.

Two fibre one bars. (I decided that the huge amount of fibre they contain qualifies them for my aim of mostly whole foods. And anyway, they are two packs for £1.50 in Heron foods! :D)
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My problem is I can't stop at 1 square of chocolate :cool:

I like your logic Honey :) I've tried the chocolate is a fruit logic but unfortunately it doesn't work :cool:

I went to town today and spent longer than I planned and spent more than I meant to :o the new cardi was half price and a size smaller than the ones I fished out my winter ones :). I also upset my shoulder carrying too much back to the car parked at my sisters. I picked up a couple of YS chickens £2.50 each rather than £7.85 in M&S and gave one to my sister but combined with the milk and other bits heavier than I planned to carry for a mile

I didn't really have lunch just a banana before leaving home and some samples in the farmers market including some nice Thai curry sauce.

Dinner was roast chicken, jacket potato, braised baby leeks, roasted asparagus and fennel with green beans. There will be a lot of chicken eaten this week. A fibre one popcorn bar as a snack
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    Morning!
    Weighing in day - reporting a 2lb loss I'm ever so pleased.

Food will be a complete re-run of yesterday's! (Agreed - the joys of living alone!)

Have a nice day everyone. :)
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :T:T Well done Tighteningthebelt great work and a nice consistent 2lb a week :)

Not sure what food will be today other than chicken :D
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    Gosh, BlueDoggy, I would not be able to stop at just one square of chocolate, unless all I had in the house was just one square of chocolate!

I agree about the Fibre One bars, honeythewitch, they are practically a fruit :rotfl:

Nice bargains there, Brambling, how lovely to buy a cardi in a size smaller and the chickens were a steal. I hope your shoulder is better quickly. :D

Well done tighteningthebelt on your 2lb loss, that is fantastic! :T

I am fasting today until dinner time which will be sweet potatoes, lots of veggies and 2 of the new vegan sausages that Tesco just started stocking. I am trying not to have too much processed food, but I wanted to support their vegan efforts.

Ironically, I did come to a conclusion earlier this week because I quite often buy (and consume) processed vegan foods just to support the manufacturer/supplier, but it obviously hasn't done me any good.

My realisation is that it isn't my responsibility (as an overweight person) to support these organisations. Besides, these highly processed foods have too much added to them, including fats and salt that aren't good for me. I really enjoy beans, pulses, nuts and grains as my protein sources, so my plan is to just have these processed foods rarely. Besides, they are an expensive way to get your protein, I feel.

Anyhoo, last night I may have accidentally eaten too many tortilla chips as they were placed very close to me and I kept on dipping into them. I tried to guesstimate the calories and have a feeling it was a lot!

On top of that, I felt a little down after seeing a photo someone had taken of me and I look so fat. Up until then, I was feeling quite good in a nice top, boots and leggings, imagining that I looked slimmer. I don't. :(

Oh well, just got to keep sticking with it, it will show eventually! :cool:
    31.5/100
  • honeythewitch
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    My problem is I can't stop at 1 square of chocolate :cool:

I like your logic Honey :) I've tried the chocolate is a fruit logic but unfortunately it doesn't work :cool:

I went to town today and spent longer than I planned and spent more than I meant to :o the new cardi was half price and a size smaller than the ones I fished out my winter ones :). I also upset my shoulder carrying too much back to the car parked at my sisters. I picked up a couple of YS chickens £2.50 each rather than £7.85 in M&S and gave one to my sister but combined with the milk and other bits heavier than I planned to carry for a mile

I didn't really have lunch just a banana before leaving home and some samples in the farmers market including some nice Thai curry sauce.

Dinner was roast chicken, jacket potato, braised baby leeks, roasted asparagus and fennel with green beans. There will be a lot of chicken eaten this week. A fibre one popcorn bar as a snack
    The smaller cardigan is a huge achievement. :) Wear it like a trophy!
    Morning!
    Weighing in day - reporting a 2lb loss I'm ever so pleased.

Food will be a complete re-run of yesterday's! (Agreed - the joys of living alone!)

Have a nice day everyone. :)
    Great news! You are doing so well. Are you finding it easy?
    FrugalLina wrote: »
    Gosh, BlueDoggy, I would not be able to stop at just one square of chocolate, unless all I had in the house was just one square of chocolate!

I agree about the Fibre One bars, honeythewitch, they are practically a fruit :rotfl:

Nice bargains there, Brambling, how lovely to buy a cardi in a size smaller and the chickens were a steal. I hope your shoulder is better quickly. :D

Well done tighteningthebelt on your 2lb loss, that is fantastic! :T

I am fasting today until dinner time which will be sweet potatoes, lots of veggies and 2 of the new vegan sausages that Tesco just started stocking. I am trying not to have too much processed food, but I wanted to support their vegan efforts.

Ironically, I did come to a conclusion earlier this week because I quite often buy (and consume) processed vegan foods just to support the manufacturer/supplier, but it obviously hasn't done me any good.

My realisation is that it isn't my responsibility (as an overweight person) to support these organisations. Besides, these highly processed foods have too much added to them, including fats and salt that aren't good for me. I really enjoy beans, pulses, nuts and grains as my protein sources, so my plan is to just have these processed foods rarely. Besides, they are an expensive way to get your protein, I feel.

Anyhoo, last night I may have accidentally eaten too many tortilla chips as they were placed very close to me and I kept on dipping into them. I tried to guesstimate the calories and have a feeling it was a lot!

On top of that, I felt a little down after seeing a photo someone had taken of me and I look so fat. Up until then, I was feeling quite good in a nice top, boots and leggings, imagining that I looked slimmer. I don't. :(

Oh well, just got to keep sticking with it, it will show eventually! :cool:
    I was looking at a freezer cabinet full of vegan food the other day, and it was all much fattier than its meaty counterparts, with an added dose of chemicals to boot!

It seems bonkers to me because we have millions of types of vegan food to choose from without resorting to junk.
    Tesco could easily sell and promote the dozens of types of beans and grains they dont stock, instead of flogging us overpriced and nutrient depleted food pretending to be healthy or eco- friendly when it jolly well isnt.

It is perfectly possible to create healthy and nutritious fast food (meat versions too) but there wouldn't be as much profit if they put proper food into it!

Sorry, it turned into a bit of a rant. :o

Today I had Waldorf salad (celery apple walnuts grapes yogurt)

Olive bread on its own.
  • Blue_Doggy
    Options
    Greetings, All :)!

Congratulations tightenthebelt , that’s a super loss. Well done you :T

FrugalLina I expect it was a dodgy camera angle. Big hug. I always mistrust manufacturers of processed foods, the simpler the better I think, and if you make it yourself you can control what goes in. And it costs less.

Brambling what super bargains! Enjoy your chicken week.

Honeythewitch sensible idea, the extra meal instead of picking. Extra control.

Re the chocolate, I don’t really deserve praise on restraint because it’s 85% dark chocolate, and I couldn’t eat more than one square at a time. Milk chocolate now, if I could limit myself to one bar it would be something. And don’t even mention Penguins.... (now you see them, now you don’t).

I also have a rule of “chocolate only with coffee, and coffee only once a day”. (Sometimes I break the rule...)

Hence, sadly, weighed in at exactly the same weight :( so must try to cut out the chocolate this week.

Today’s food:
    B: porridge with raspberries
    D: veg soup, slow-cooked lamb shoulder (Co-op pack for one!), cabbage and courgette (not part of pack), yogurt with gooseberries
    T: microwave-baked apple with yogurt
  • Blue_Doggy
    Options
    I was looking at a freezer cabinet full of vegan food the other day, and it was all much fattier than its meaty counterparts, with an added dose of chemicals to boot!

It seems bonkers to me because we have millions of types of vegan food to choose from without resorting to junk.
    Tesco could easily sell and promote the dozens of types of beans and grains they dont stock, instead of flogging us overpriced and nutrient depleted food pretending to be healthy or eco- friendly when it jolly well isnt.

It is perfectly possible to create healthy and nutritious fast food (meat versions too) but there wouldn't be as much profit if they put proper food into it!

Sorry, it turned into a bit of a rant.

I totally agree with your sentence about profit. It’s just so cynical of the manufacturers to do this. Perfect subject for a rant IMO!

It sounds very much like the yogurt scam, where the fat-free ones have loads more sugar and additives and a zillion more calories than the standard ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family