Revealed: Sainsbury's trial of new Nectar loyalty scheme extended nationwide - MSE News

Comments

• Everything's changed and I don't like it. I can no longer log on to the Nectar website on my computer, only on my phone and tablet. Not only that but having offers on my phone rather than coupons in paper form means I can't give them to friends or family if I don't need them. With paper coupons, even though my nectar card number was on them, they could be used by anyone. I've even picked them up off the floor and used them when whoever they were given to didn't want them. Plus bonus points on paper coupons seemed more generous than the ones sent to my phone, for instance, I had a paper coupon for 1000 bonus points if I spent £50, but the offer sent to my phone is for a measly 50 bonus points if I spend £30. Rubbish!
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,574
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    https://www.nectar.com

If you use a device where you have the app it will probably divert to opening the add instead. Try a laptop or desktop maybe.

My second lot of offers were much better, 140 points on two items I was buying anyway, cost £3.70.

Even better my store now has free WiFi, good thing too as it's a dead zone for all mobile networks in there!

I'm a big fan of these changes, many more points and everything updates so quickly.
  • I used the app for the first time last week and it was great not having to sift through all the paper coupons in my purse. Smiled too soon, though: as I was paying, the printer churned out 8 coupons (which haven't appeared in my app). Had assumed that using the app would do away with these paper coupons...?

BTW - my thanks to the person who said in the comments section of the main article, that if you spend at least £1 and don't get bonus point items, a scratch card will appear on the app with a chance to win up to 40 points. I only bought milk at a Sainsburys local today and won 20 points. So exciting! :T

Paper coupon annoyance aside, it's a thumbs up from me! icon14.gif
  • KxMx wrote: »
    https://www.nectar.com

If you use a device where you have the app it will probably divert to opening the add instead. Try a laptop or desktop maybe.

I am using a desktop pc, the same one I used to log in to MyNectar on. Now if I try I get the home page ok but if I click on I already have a nectar card I just get a blank page.
    image110.png
    image210.png
    I tried googling a solution and the only thing I could find was something that said I would need to install an emulator that enables Android apps to be run on a pc.

If I shop online I do it from my desktop pc but if I can't log into Nectar from the pc then I can't go through the site to get nectar points when I shop at a partner. :(
  • Gloria_Steeth
    Gloria_Steeth Posts: 736
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 14 October 2019 at 9:58AM
    I am using a desktop pc, the same one I used to log in to MyNectar on. Now if I try I get the home page ok but if I click on I already have a nectar card I just get a blank page.

If I shop online I do it from my desktop pc but if I can't log into Nectar from the pc then I can't go through the site to get nectar points when I shop at a partner. :(

^ Are you using Chrome browser on your pc, by any chance? I've just tried it (albeit on a tablet with desktop option selected) and got the same result as you - a blank page. Tried again using Firefox browser this time and the Nectar website is working ok there: can log in, etc.

EDIT: Nectar website works ok with Chrome on my phone - it must be the older version of Chrome on my tablet that's not compatible. Shall shurrup now... :o:o
  • Yes I am using Chrome browser on my pc, also use Chrome on phone and tablet. You're right, it is an older version on my pc. Strange though, that overnight it went from working to not working when Nectar changed their website. I've stopped caring now anyway, I'll be getting rid of my old desktop pc soon as it takes up too much room. :o
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 996
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was thrown into this as one of the 3 trail areas 12 mth ago and was not amused....it clearly locked out the older Sainsbury shopper who does not have app and phone....also the purple demons explaining the new nectar certainly did not care to explain fully and a lot of folk had no idea that they didn't need to sign up to the new app....and could continue as they had previously. Also you could pick five favourites and always get points for these and review and change them. This stopped in August this year and Nectar deemed not to inform anyone!!!
    What it basically does is offer what it thinks you might buy from past buying history. Sometimes this might be as much as 100 points....but the points are worthless unless it is something you want.
    Plus they rolled this out to us a a trial area just after a new Aldi opened down the road.....so my shop includes Aldi first and Sainsbury after and so does half the people in the store:rotfl:

Nothing is cheap in Sainsbury and while it is a decent shopping experience (a sit and a coffee in the cafe) it takes the bsicuit...last week its petrol was 4 p a litre more than the nearby Asda.

Oh and the latest thing....buy a reusable net bag for 30p as no plastic bags for use in fruit and veg. Mind you I quite like this idea as one less plastic bag to worry about.

Hope you enjoy your new nectar
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I get offers such as 40 points for buying a cucumber and 40 points for buying a bulb of garlic. Didn't get get these on the printed coupons. Then got 50 points for buying a tin of butter beans. Remember the printed coupon, I had to spend £2 on tinned pulses to get 70 points, The butter beans are 45p (i think) The other week, I had an offer of 120 points for some TTD burgers and saw them in the reduced for 50p - so I made 10p "profit" on these as 120 points is 60p
  • od244051
    Forumite
    I used the app for the first time last week and it was great not having to sift through all the paper coupons in my purse. Smiled too soon, though: as I was paying, the printer churned out 8 coupons (which haven't appeared in my app). Had assumed that using the app would do away with these paper coupons...?

BTW - my thanks to the person who said in the comments section of the main article, that if you spend at least £1 and don't get bonus point items, a scratch card will appear on the app with a chance to win up to 40 points. I only bought milk at a Sainsburys local today and won 20 points. So exciting! :T .Paper coupon annoyance aside, it's a thumbs up from me!

I had the app since mid July and took about a month for the coupons to reduce in quantity - still get the odd one.
  • od244051
    Forumite
    Currently on my weekly offers on the app, I will get 100 points if I buy a can of Basics chopped tomatoes. They are 30p - so 20p profit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure