Revealed: Sainsbury's trial of new Nectar loyalty scheme extended nationwide - MSE News

Comments

• The weekly offers on the Nectar App seem better (points wise) and better related to what I buy regularly. My points balance is going up a lot quicker than it was before. Plus you get them before you shop (just have to remember to login in save them) rather than after you checkout at the till. I just hope they still send the £10 of a £60 spend, 3x points etc that I got through the post. The paper ones I got with my receipt were a lot of "spend minimum of x on y to be rewarded.
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 881
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Does anyone else just open the app when the weekly new offers notification pops up, scroll to the bottom, select 'save all' and forget about it? I've stopped cheeking what the offers are. There doesn't seem any point in not just 'selecting all'

All the things are stuff I'd buy regularly anyway, so i don't feel the need to either scroll through the app and only select the things i'm going to buy or adjust my shopping to whats on the list.

Not exactly complaining, but in my particular case I don't really see what Sainsburys are getting out of it.
  • I do exactly the same, save all, then if I buy them I gain, if I don't buy them I don't lose anything. I do wonder, though, if they send the same offers to everyone because the last 4 weeks I've shopped something in my offers list is unavailable. First week it was sweet pointed peppers, second week it was 6 slices of corned beef, third week 6 large free range eggs, and last week basics cauli. The shelves where these products should have been were completely empty. :(
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,458
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I do exactly the same, save all, then if I buy them I gain, if I don't buy them I don't lose anything. I do wonder, though, if they send the same offers to everyone because the last 4 weeks I've shopped something in my offers list is unavailable. First week it was sweet pointed peppers, second week it was 6 slices of corned beef, third week 6 large free range eggs, and last week basics cauli. The shelves where these products should have been were completely empty. :(

My offers are definitely linked to recent shopping. It's crazy really because I rarely shop at Sainsburys so they're things I've bought YS or things Aldi doesn't sell. I've had samphire, fish and celeriac and cauli because there was a week when Aldi didn't have any. I'm not going to buy any of these things as even with the points I can get them cheaper elsewhere or manage without.

One thing that was ridiculous was that I was in a different branch of Sainsburys this week and couldn't connect to WiFi. I ended up going to the far end of the store near the Starbucks so that I connected to their WiFi. Thank goodness I didn't go there when I was uploading the double up voucher.
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 25 November 2019 at 11:41AM
    I have a 70 point offer on my app for TTD satsumas and were sold out as down to £1. I can see why customers were buying them for 10p more than the others. Doubt these customers all got the app (or a smartphone)

Went through a self scan and saw some coupons left by the previous customer and they would have got 40 points for spending £1,80 on tinned pulses. The app gave me 40 points for buying a can of chickpeas. So you can see the app get more points for less money
  • Have Sainsbury's stopped sending weekly Nectar offers, maybe in an attempt to stop people buying stuff they don't really need? We haven't received any this week at all. Anyone else noticed the same thing?  :/
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,574
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I got mine via App/website log in as usual on Tuesday.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,458
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'd have thought the chances of any of the offers being in stock was pretty minimal anyway. Mine are usually mostly fruit and veg. 
  • KxMx said:
    I got mine via App/website log in as usual on Tuesday.
    I think they must have stopped them since they started rationing items. We usually get ours on Thursday but none this week. To be honest I'd rather get no points at all if it means being able to get what I  need. I'd even go so far as to say they should issue ration books like in the war.  >:)
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,838
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have Sainsbury's stopped sending weekly Nectar offers, maybe in an attempt to stop people buying stuff they don't really need? We haven't received any this week at all. Anyone else noticed the same thing?  :/
    I hate all these fake 'offers', they're just smoke and mirrors; I'd rather have lower prices for everyone.  The BOGOFs, 3 for 2, Any 4 for £7 etc discriminate against single people because they are effectively a single item surcharge.  They cause a lot of food to be wasted because the last one will have already gone off before being consumed.  Fortunately, Sainsbury's have stopped most of their single surcharges, but before the crisis they seemed to have adopted Yo-Yo pricing instead.
    No wonder Lidl and Aldi are doing so well, there's virtually none of this nonsense and bamboozling, just good quality and consistently low prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure