Revealed: Sainsbury's trial of new Nectar loyalty scheme extended nationwide - MSE News

Sainsbury’s is quietly trialling its new Nectar loyalty scheme across the country, with shoppers across much of the UK now able to boost their points by pre-selecting offers on certain products...
Read the full story:
'Revealed: Sainsbury's trial of new Nectar loyalty scheme extended nationwide
'

OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• i do hope they don't mess up the current scheme too much. in the past year or so the nectar scheme has been excellent. i rack up points which i stow till christmas. then spend on presents and food.

its like an unofficial christmas savings scheme.

its been so good, the food quality is much better and their prices have come down so much that i've been dragged away from my usual Asda, morrisons and Aldi shops.
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,846
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    minislim wrote: »
    i

its been so good, the food quality is much better and their prices have come down so much that i've been dragged away from my usual Asda, morrisons and Aldi shops.

Really? I am a regular customer of Aldi's and do a top-up shop at Sainsbury's - largely for geographical reasons. I cannot think of a single item that is comparable with Aldi in terms of price or quality.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,458
    Forumite
    A._Badger wrote: »
    Really? I am a regular customer of Aldi's and do a top-up shop at Sainsbury's - largely for geographical reasons. I cannot think of a single item that is comparable with Aldi in terms of price or quality.

I'm the same. It used to be a 50:50 shop but now I just buy a very limited number of items in Sainsburys that Aldi doesn't stock like a few herbs and spices that aren't run of the mill. If it happens it'll be interesting to see what they think my regular items are. Most of our Nectar points come from ebay.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,878
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Similar to the old scheme that Waitrose dropped.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,458
    Forumite
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Similar to the old scheme that Waitrose dropped.

I thought that too.

I'm not sure any loyalty scheme will work these days especially for the sort of canny shoppers that post on here.

Most people I know have loyalty cards because they might just as well take advantage in a shop they'd use anyway rather than because they're attracted by the scheme.

Sainsburys keep sending me (for past 3 months) money off vouchers. For 2 months they've been £4 or £6 off a £30 spend. I've used them for YS goods (fewer and fewer available I noticed ), some store cupboard items and wine. :D The last lot are now off £40 spend. I'm unlikely to use them all and I'm certainly not attracted by the Nectar points I'd get.
  • JuC
    JuC Posts: 79
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 21 September 2019 at 9:34PM
    No idea how I got on it, but it seems as though I have been part of this trial with a ‘new nectar’ account. Must admit I have boosted my points by 100’s and I don’t shop there that regularly, just picked my favourite offers well. I’ve liked it and found it easy to use.
    Interestingly they have never asked my opinion so I guess they are happy if it works for them.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,574
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I shop there very infrequently so any boost is welcome. Even the odd 20 or 40 point offer is going to be much more than I get now, I usually spend less than £5.

My first offers didn't have anything I wanted to use but were decently matched to past shops.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    These fads and schemes never work for me as I can never reach the targets nor jump through the spending hoops to ever use any points.

They annoy me as the queue is held up while cards are asked for, swiped, etc..... bin them.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I've used the 'new' Nectar app on and off for the past couple of months, despite not being in one of the initial trial areas, and it "seems" easier to earn more points compared to the £1>1 point when they changed it a couple of years back.

One feature I do like is the fact points update within 30 seconds or so of scanning your shopping and paying.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • A._Badger wrote: »

Really? you must be luck. or i'm just unlucky. most of the fruit and veg that i get from aldi or asda doesn't seem to last more than four to five days. i'm constantly throwing stuff on the compost heap as its even beyond the sniff it and brush off the mold stage.

sainsburys on the other hand has been going well over the 7 days point. in some cases up to 2 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure