We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• STS with my weight this week.

I'm not too unhappy with that, all things considered .... ;)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well didn't manage to go join SW last week. Was pretty much decided to go, but 5 minutes before leaving the house mum rang and needed a talk, so didn't go. Plan to try again tomorrow. Feel I need to do it and I'm ready to do it.

Been a long week. Dad still in hospital. Needs an operation pretty urgently, but it's been cancelled 3 times now. Fingers crossed it goes ahead today.

Eating wise not been a great week, but definitely an improvement on what I have been eating.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - LO rice pudding and fruit
    Lunch - Ham salad sandwich
    Dinner - Curry
    Snacks - fruit, cereal bars, SW eton mess

HAs - milk
    HB - bread
    Syns - cereal bars (6), butter (4), meringue (2), curry sauce (4)

Not a great day, but I'm at hospital this afternoon so got to have stuff that works for that.
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,665 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Bubbs. Probably only buy the cucumber and maybe the kale this week but all of them next week!

STS is fine Sleazy. Anything is better than a gain!

Today's plan:

B - boiled eggs P; asparagus S
    L - HM vegetable soup S; F
    D - Jerk beef stew, rice & peas (kidney beans!) P, S, F

HEA - milk
    HEB - nothing planned but options available if I fancy something later
    Syns - again none planned but may have a couple of squares of dark chocolate

Need to check how many Syns I've got left until Wednesday but didn't go too mad over the weekend!

Denise
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 September 2019 at 10:50AM
    Options
    I put on 1lb, well 12oz to be precise. Mightily annoyed. Don't mind so much when I deserve it, but I really felt like I stuck to it this week.

Someone has suggested that I am saving too many syns for the weekend for alcohol, so I think I will spread them out more over the week.

Just with the cut down of alcohol, I don't have my crisps at lunch any more and I don't snack after dinner save for Alpen Bars which are either synned or HEBs, I feel thoroughly miffed about it. Maybe I'm just getting old and it's not as easy as it once was.

So today's plan:-

B - Coffee (HEA1), watermelon (S), didn't have my banana as it had gone manky
    2 x Boiled Eggs (P)

L - Potato and Leek soup (S, F), forgot my laughing cow triangles to go in it, harumph
    Brown Roll (HEB)
    Muller Light - the vanilla and chocolate sprinkles one (0.5)

D - Bernard Matthews Escalope (12.5), I know ridiculously high, but I'm trying out a new plan, i.e. not desperately saving all my syns. And it's not like it's a deep fried cheese burger, it's a bit of turkey with breading on it.
    Wedges (F)
    Veg, not sure which yet (S)

S - Alpen Bar (3.0)
    Tea (HEA1)

16syns

I could change the escalope as I was shocked when maman told me the syns, but I'm not sure what to at this late stage! I'm at work all day and then a secondary school viewing afterwards, so by the time I get in, I will just eat what has been cooked.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I put on 1lb, well 12oz to be precise. Mightily annoyed. Don't mind so much when I deserve it, but I really felt like I stuck to it this week.

I could change the escalope as I was shocked when maman told me the syns, but I'm not sure what to at this late stage! I'm at work all day and then a secondary school viewing afterwards, so by the time I get in, I will just eat what has been cooked.

Hugs on the gain. If it's undeserved then stick to plan and it should show next week.

For the escalope you can always scrape some of the coating off.
    If you just have the top coating it will still look the same on your plate. Won't be perfect and difficult to know the syn value, but it will be an improvement.
    Zebras rock
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Hugs on the gain. If it's undeserved then stick to plan and it should show next week.

For the escalope you can always scrape some of the coating off.
    If you just have the top coating it will still look the same on your plate. Won't be perfect and difficult to know the syn value, but it will be an improvement.

Thanks for your comment. And sorry to hear of your family troubles. Hope everything goes as well as it can and well done for trying to stick to SW. xx
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kathrynha's right that following the plan always comes good eventually Pollyanna but not always in predictable weekly steps. Just keep plodding on.;)

An obvious swap for the turkey escalope would be a skinless chicken breast (wrapped in bacon if you want more flavour) but if your mum's cooking the turkey then you'll just have to make the best of it this time and resolve to not buy them again.

Saving syns for weekends has never been the official way but it's quite common. I'm in the habit of eating very low syn during the week so I'd have to force myself to use them. I'd also miss having something to look forward to at the weekend. I know bubbs uses most of hers on a synful meal every Saturday. You could try daily syns and see what works for you. :)

Hope you get to group this week kathrynha. :)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit (F), HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks, 2 boiled eggs (P)
    L: ham (P), LO potato (F) LO veg and beetroot (S)
    D: chicken casserole (P,S) with new potatoes and butter beans (F), cauli and kale (S)
    Syns: cornflour 1
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Can I ask what you consider to be refreshments?

Had to help out at a function on Saturday evening, one of those events where an unknown number of people would be expected. From experience, we "cater" for about 150 and take the attitude, when it it gone, well, so be it, they weren't paying for anything, so tough. As far as we are concerned, refreshments are snacky things, so we had sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, about 125 rolls, 6 various loaves of sandwiches, pork pies, wraps, plus a gluten free option, with cakes & drinks, more than enough for refreshments, especially as it was early (about 7pm) so definitely not covering your dinner mate! Oh no, we genuinely had someone come into the kitchen screaming at us because they didn't get any food and would get a headache. I'm sorry, but we had spent the day prepping and didn't get any either, so what is your problem?

Are we just being mean or are they being vultures at expecting free food so they didn't need to feed the family?
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    An obvious swap for the turkey escalope would be a skinless chicken breast (wrapped in bacon if you want more flavour) but if your mum's cooking the turkey then you'll just have to make the best of it this time and resolve to not buy them again.

Oh my, my 8 year old would never talk to me again if I didn't buy them again. They are one of her favourites, haha. And although they are "bad" synwise, I honestly can't see the harm in eating them. She won't eat hamburgers or cheeseburgers, so this is her way of getting a burger as the girls are having them in buns (I'm resisting this bit at least!).

I have actually bought 12 of them as they were 75p for two in Tesco :D

But in future when they ask for them, I might have an alternative on my menu. Although when they ask, why aren't you eating what we are eating mummy? And I say, Cos I want to lose weight, then I just don't want them thinking it's "bad" to eat it. So I think for that reason (sound like I am on Dragon's Den, haha), I will suck it up and just eat the syns. But the old me would have had two and then taken any leftovers to work the next day. I won't do that.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,665 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Maman was surprised to see that you're having butter beans but have said they're Free. They are actually Protein so you're getting a bit more P than you expected! How do I know I had to look them up as they are in the jerk beef stew I'm making for dinner!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family