NST September - A Simple September

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    Wow! Just wow! Fantastic news toni'sfriend!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I know, Apple. I keep taking the letter out and re-reading it just to make sure I've got it right.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Fantastic news Toni'sfriend! I'm thrilled for you :j
    I have had the opposite end of the spectrum today, and will be entertaining Ofsted at work for the next 2 days... I will be back.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Oh CCL, just what you need... Don't let the blighters (however old or young they might be) get you down. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

Today I am grateful for a dry duty, for a good day at work, for time with some pupils to help them, for dh making tea (or at least defrosting a tub!), for the supply teacher being really rather awesome, for helpful parents as we try to navigate through the treacle that is dd's online info for school, for being able to help my neighbour.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    Mothernerd we had the same problem with our water going from lovely to totally undrinkable even as tea or coffee and bought a water filter from Wilk0

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-24l-filter-jug/p/0238284

It currently has £2 off so is a fiver and the cartridges are reduced too if this is within your budget.

Thanks Xspender that sounds fine. I am going to Wilco's tomorrow to buy mum's bedding plants and will go directly from there to mum's so will add that on.

Toni's friend fantastic news.

Lots of hugs ccl.

I took a hundred pounds out of my bank account to pay for the plumbing repair (not expecting it to be anything like that much). Also got the balance and decided not to spend any money for the time being.

Rail holiday and Edinburgh put off until next year. The one week rail passes are great. I have done it before many years ago. DS1 and DS2 were under 5 so we didn't have to pay for them. We had to work round a hospital appointment for DS2 on the Monday, me being at college all day Tuesday and an evening meeting in Manchester and a job interview for OH in Preston on the Wednesday morning and we had to go into Manchester to buy the tickets as out local station didn't have a card machine back then.

Now I know there are second hand s0da machines out there i think I will put an alert out on both gum and bookface then one will turn up if I'm meant to have one.

Started to write a list of everything that needs doing this morning - 2 scribbled pencil pages later, then after my wash i started again in red gel pen (using up all the odd pens for puzzles and other tasks that don't need to be black or blue). Found i had 2 tiny shampoos so took one to mum's along with a tube of toothpaste and my old toothbrush. New brush and tube of toothpaste put in bathroom here.

Had already done mum's shopping so went there early. Painted one end of the shed (noticed it was cracking a bit in places when i was painting the plant pots, think it must be more exposed to the elements) and then stopped. I didn't really feel like doing it but it was a great painting day (sun obscured by cloud, totally dry but not working in the glare of the sun). had a shower, finished my book, some sewing but my eyes were heavy so went for a little nap.

Peeled 4 bags of parsnips (10p per bag) and froze them in the bags they came in - planning to defrost the large freezer at the end of this week or sometime next (using up what we have).

Will also scale back present buying to home made and things we already have (with an exception for DS3 as he is 'owed' clothes). I have cards, we don't need any more decorations. Have plans to improve the worst bits of the house using paint we have left. Tiny landing between my room, the bathroom and the top of the stairs is worst (mainly me clinging onto things to get on and off the stairs).

More sewing done until it got too dark. I am going to get a holiday anyway. Mum has received her ENT appointment and it's the week we should be away so she wants me to take someone in her place or go on my own. She has been waiting months for this appointment and doesn't want to change it. She needs to be seen by the ENT department before she can have hearing aids. Asked Beloved to go with me.

Today i am grateful for lovely weather, for mum being delighted with the things i had bought and having fun but not spending money.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

What fantastic news Toni'sfriend so pleased for you..

Definitely not an NSD today as went to Ald* to see if they had any of the cast iron casseroles - sold out online - and they did, so have bought some & will replace old stuff not fit for purpose with these. Altogether they probably cost less than one casserole from the Le Cr**set range.

Then in for a blood test, they finally remembered me & called me in. Are doing the whole gamut of tests, hopefully won't find owt.

Then out for the afternoon, some more spent but not too excessive. Although did eat out, was planned.

Sold 2 purses on Fb**k but no word on the bag sale, Will now prompt them as they've had the 24 hours they asked for.

Tomorrow will be CS volunteering & food shopping, no visit from friend as she is away on her hols..

Popping in to say hi: Hello turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Aiming for NSD 9
    One load of laundry on the line before 7am, another load done and will go out after the school run.

Ploughing through my list of stuff to be done.

Take no prisoners!
    Toni's friend - wow! grab it quick - nobody can find any details of ppi on my accounts - boo! So I am enjoying yours vicariously.

CCL - knock 'em dead
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Toni'sFriend - woo hoo. I must be one of the few people who got nowt from PPI. Enjoy.

ccl - just what you need.

Kids were off school yesterday (school closed) and are off today as they are both full of a stinking cold, they always get one when they go back after the summer hols, DD is really bad and is going to the Doctors this morning to see if it is a chest infection as she is prone to them. Good job I'm not working today as appointment is 10am.

No money spent yesterday for a change but I do need to get some tissues, fruit and chillis today.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Sorry not been posting. Had 2 lovely days in Liverpool catching up with friends. Didn't overspend as off food with this cold.:( Drank responsibly as well after lunch time drinks needed a nanny nap before the evening meet up and gig. It was the the cold:D

Saturday, food shopping £30, then grandkids and then out for a bday meal with friend. I wouldn't have gone but only 3 of us going to felt had to.:) only bought 1 drink.:D Person whose bday it was insisted on paying for meal and drinks as tradition in their country. Well its mine next month so will be payback then. :rotfl:

Saturday night no sleep cold gone onto chest so Sunday and Monday havent moved much only between bed and couch. 2 NSD though.:T
    Today back in work with lots of hot lemon and honey.:)

I love the 90 day idea. I need to sort my cupboards out when I am back in wanting food mode. Cancelled cinema tonight so money saved there dont want to be annoying coughing person there.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Still on NSD No 11

Thank you all. I'm still reeling!

Today was a little bit of a spend. Not too much though and I did let Himself stock up on his chocolate. Collected his prescription form the chemist. Thank goodness we don't have to pay here. He's got so many niggly things wrong with him we nearly needed a shopping trolly for all the creams and shampoos, etc.

Still eating from freezers and stores but we did get a good trawl of YS bread today so the available space is now full of bread. Still you can never have too much bread.

CCL - I don't know a lot about Offsted. Only that my teacher friends moan at the mention of it so good luck.

Right. I'm off to get dinner prepared ready to go in the oven later.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure