We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Windows to Linux

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/38qu4mij2/

This is obviously the image but where do I go from here to display it.

If you click on the link it displays Disk which is the copied disk management page.

I can click on it and see the pic, but....you refuse steadfastly to follow the guide as presented to you. :)

For the umpteenth time, you need to Copy and Paste, the Direct link; ;)

https://i.postimg.cc/jq3GCDKx/disk.png

disk.png

I can see that the external drive is shown there as Disk 1

Try allocating it a Drive letter. Right click on it and choose to give it a Drive letter of E
    Not sure why it isn't happening automatically.

I also don't understand what you meant by it not being in the caddy in the first place.
  • SuperSeagull
    Options
    I have followed the guide but nowhere does it allow me to copy and paste. I clicked on the link on the right hand side and it showed copied but to where? When I then right clicked there was nothing showing paste with the command highlighted. So when clicking on paste nothing happened.
  • SuperSeagull
    Options
    I also don't understand what you meant by it not being in the caddy in the first place.

The drive is attached within the outer case but I was trying to connect it without replacing it intoi the casing.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    I have followed the guide but nowhere does it allow me to copy and paste. I clicked on the link on the right hand side and it showed copied but to where? When I then right clicked there was nothing showing paste with the command highlighted. So when clicking on paste nothing happened.

So just copy the link characters by clicking on them to highlight them and then choosing to copy them that way.

From whence did you get the link that you copied here earlier. Can have only been in the same manner.
  • SuperSeagull
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, I am not sure what I did differently but all is now working well.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    ...and hopefully now you know how to post pics if you have any issues in the future. ;)
  • SuperSeagull
    Options
    :)If I can remember
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    :)If I can remember

Ctrl+D to make this page a bookmark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing