We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NST A Gentle Jog Through July

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sunday was a NSD, taking me to 5 for the month so far and I've no plans to spend until later in the week really. Perhaps Wednesday for a top-up shop as I misjudged what was in the freezer.
  • chocolatelover93
    chocolatelover93 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 8 July 2019 at 10:27AM
    Options
    Tonisfriend - wishing himself a happy birthday for yesterday

Mothernerd - Hope you have a lovely time away!

Another day at work today, left my "to-do list" note book at home so will have to just use a bit of scrap paper for today to write a list of things I need to do this week and when I can get them done.
    I am working Wednesday and well and then off till next Friday :D:D so will give me plenty of time to get things done! If it is quiet I am going to have a look at my financial situation and see what damage I have done the last few weeks having my card back. I defiantly deserve a space on the naughty seat :( haha

It's video games day today and I'm working all day :( but I will be online as soon as DS goes to bed, although might be a nice mummy and let him stay up a bit tonight. I haven't seen him since Saturday lunch time and am missing him like crazy! Had a video chat yesterday but he wasn't too impressed!

Plans for the week:
    Mon - Working :(
    Tue - Catching up with friend after her hol
    Wed - Working
    Thur - Chatterbox group with DS and will probably pop to mums so she can watch DS while I go to therapy
    Fri - Looking after friends little ones while she goes to hosp app.
    Sat - Probably housework day
    Sun - Will see if my bro is free to chill with the little ones :)

To do list:
    Tax credits!!
    Housing Benefit
    Spreadsheets
    Look at budgets
    Check renewal for breakdown cover
    Check MOT date (sure it's Aug)
    Make meal plan using bits in fridge/freezer
    I'm sure I will be adding a lot more!

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

please excuse my usual weekend absence.

No SFDs, unfortunately. Sat I did the big shop and got some sandwich boxes and reusable zip lock bags (glad I went to home barg@ins, so much cheaper than Amazon, my lazy go-to) for the kids lunch boxes On Sunday we bought some log roll to do the edging around our lawn that was laid 5 years ago and really needs to be finished before we move, lol.

Sat DD had a play date. So DH, DS and me just bummed about some skateparks and beaches as it was too far away to go home. Hadn't realised (as we are never without the kids much) how quiet it is if we just have DS. DD talks non-stop......and they bicker endlessly.

Sun I did my first half marathon and almost enjoyed it ;). Surprised myself with the time even. My body is very sore today though, didn't even get a good sleep as I couldn't get comfortable. Might do it again (after swearing I wouldn't) but need to start training earlier.

The diesel particle filter light came on in the car. Never ending. Why couldn't this wait till the debts are lower and the emergency fund is full...
    Oh well.....

Might do some harvesting in the garden today and make progress on the log roll edge before the 3-day rain moves in.
    That's all for now.
    DEBT 06/24: CC 6347 5120 £2350 £2000, OD £500, Other £3100 £2650 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations, thriftylass, a half marathon is a real accomplishment :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Morning

Going for a haircut today, just a trim so not expensive. DS had his hair cut Saturday too, did also spend on Saturday but much less than normal. Nothing out of budget spent yesterday.

Have cycled today, need to dog walk, clean, hair and then call and get some fruit and veg from the market when I do the school run.

I was very over excited on Saturday. I have been looking for a new teapot for ages, my pot one (bought for £1) had a chip in it and then I completly smashed the spout off it a month or two ago and have been making tea in a measuring jug since. Anyway in a charity shop I found an Old Hall brushed stainless steel teapot, the company stopped manufacturing in 1984 and I think this one is probably 70's, it is tall with a beautiful pouring spout and no plastic anywhere, I paid £4.50 for it. Simple pleasures.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thrifty -well done on the 1/2 marathon. My preferred distance is about 10k but I don't do any races now.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done thrifty! I love the idea of 'harvesting' from a garden - ours is too much like a pocket handkerchief for much growing!

Speky - go you, getting lots of NSDS in the bag!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 July 2019 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Well done thrifty! I love the idea of 'harvesting' from a garden - ours is too much like a pocket handkerchief for much growing!

Speky - go you, getting lots of NSDS in the bag!

Well, "harvesting" from the garden, now reading it out loud, might be an overstatement too :rotfl:. More like picking maybe? I've not got a big garden either and it's terraced. Just grow a bit of everything on the top terrace (beans, carrots, potatoes, lettuce, kale, rocket etc) and along the side (mainly fruit bushes and mini fruit trees). There is so much you could grow in pots. From potatoes to peas to pears.
    DEBT 06/24: CC 6347 5120 £2350 £2000, OD £500, Other £3100 £2650 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD no 5

Quite a productive day. Changed bedding, did washing and dried it all outside before the rain came on. Had to remove the neighbour's washing which had been hanging on my line for three days before I could get mine out. (Again. Thought the penny might have dropped after I had to do it last time!).

Made stock with the chicken carcass ready to make chicken noodle soup tomorrow. Having the remainder of the chicken for dinner tonight. It was a small chicken - really don't know why there is so much left.

Huge frog eaten today. I tidied and cleaned one kitchen cupboard. Cannot believe how many different kinds of mustard, chilli sauces and various hot type things we have bought and not even opened. I'm sure the very expensive pickled walnuts seemed like a good idea at the time but why we bought two jars and never used them is anybody's guess (Actually it was Himself. I've put my foot well and truly down now!). I am appalled at the amount of money we must have spent on a whim. It will be used though. Tomorrow we are planning to tackle the larder. Now that is truly scary!!

I'm really hoping that I can spend the very minimum this week but we'll see.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thriftylass - Well done on the half marathon.
    Grateful for:
    My nephew having his operation today. Was cancelled once before.
    Good night sleep.
    Walked into and back from town centre.
    Free box of teabags.
    NSD.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income