We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Green reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,419 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Boatymike said:
    I also had this email, and funny enough, I had exactly the same thoughts! 
    Hence I came here to Find out if anyone else knew any more details.
    I'm not alone then, and none the wiser

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • CeoGreen
    Options
    Farway said:
    Boatymike said:
    I also had this email, and funny enough, I had exactly the same thoughts! 
    Hence I came here to Find out if anyone else knew any more details.
    I'm not alone then, and none the wiser

Hi Guys,
    If we were looking for financial assistance we would have looked to access government backed bank finance due to Covid 19, We Have Not!

We are however launching business and prepay this month to expand our customer proposition.

We are still growing and like to think we are doing things differently. Open 7 days 7am till 11pm, shortest call wait time multiple ways to contact us.

We wanted to share what we are building with a wider audience and also let early adopters share in piece our future success and thought a crowdfund is a nice way to do this.

Thanks
    Peter

• BoxerfanUK
    BoxerfanUK Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm with Zog for gas and Green for electric.  Been with Green a couple of months on their 'Ampere' tariff and very happy with them so far.  Switched to them from that nightmare Symbio energy, with whom I still await a refund due to being in credit.  The 'chat' facility via phone app is really good and they are always very responsive.
    All I can say is if they keep their pricing keen, I'm staying with Green. 
  • JanClo
    JanClo Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I have been with Green for over a year. I was previously with British Gas whose customer service during leaving was atrocious, messing up my final bill a couple of times,  which Green helped me deal with. Green have been efficient and helpful since joining them, which was a vast improvement from a few of my previous suppliers. I have always found Green to be easily contactable, efficient, competitive and environmentally aware, which is important to me. I also feel the app is a definite advantage and will look forward to any further new ideas/tariffs they may provide in the future
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Boxerfan UK. I'm exactly sane as you regarding zog for gas, green ampere (ex symbio) for electricity. I too had a slight delay with symbios refund of credit until I started quoting ofgem rules regarding compensation for late payment of credit return. They soon payed up. I didn't get the compensation though but I decided not to pursue it after my credit was refunded 
  • MattLBeck
    MattLBeck Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Currently very happy with Green. The tariffs seem competitive, the app is quite sleek and mostly gives me very quick access to my billing history and highly responsive live chat customer support. I've also found my bills to be extremely insightful, with direct comparisons of the day/night rates between months and years printed on the bill.

The only thing missing is proper support for smart meters. It does look like they are working towards this, but I do miss not needing to submit meter readings and viewing my energy usage live + daily/weekly totals. Seems like this will be shown in the app eventually when support comes in for it.

Anybody know when they are planning to properly support smart meters?

• GreenSupplierLtd
    Options
    Hi Matt,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you are finding the app useful - it's something we put a lot of effort into, and we've also recently released Version 3 of our app, as well as a newly updated Web portal. These updates bring a lot of new features and improvements, and we are excited to continue developing our account management to support new features, such as supporting smart meters and using smart meter data to provide our customers with tailored insights into their energy usage. 

To give a bit of background on our smart meter programme, we qualified as a DCC User in February 2020 - since then, we weren't able to begin our smart meter rollout as soon as we'd planned, due to COVID-19 related restrictions. In the meantime, we've been working on internal testing to make sure that when we begin the installations, we can do so as safely and responsibly as possible while still offering the benefits of smart meters to as many of our members as possible, free of charge. Our field engineers have been undergoing training to ensure safe working practices are observed in customer's homes, and we hope to be contacting our customers over the coming weeks with updates on when installers will be available in their area. Customers can register their interest via their account, or by contacting our customer service team any time between 7am and 11pm, 7 days a week.

For customers with an existing smart meter, we have been working hard to develop our systems to communicate with Second Generation (or 'SMETS2') meters, so that they can fully benefit from the meter's features. This has also involved a testing period, but we also expect that this feature will be available for our customers over the next few weeks. Customers with First Generation ('SMETS1') meters will also be informed of when we will be able to communicate with their meter - however, as this upgrade work is being done by the DCC (the UK's smart meter communications body) it's likely that this will come a bit later in the process. Further updates can be found on our blog and will also be communicated to our customers. 

I hope this has been useful - if anyone has any questions regarding Green's smart meter rollout, or anything else, please feel free to reply and I would be happy to get back to you! 

Kind regards,

Tom 
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have been with Green for a few months now and very happy with how things have gone. Switchover went very well and online logging of meter readings via the app works ok. 
  • GreenSupplierLtd
    Options
    Hi Neil,
    Thank you for your feedback, that's great to hear! I'm glad your experience with Green has been positive, and if there's ever anything we can do to help please feel free to drop us an email at support@green.energy, give us a call on 0345 222 2525, or log onto our live chat, available 24/7. 
    We appreciate you sharing your experience for any other users of MSE who are considering Green. 
    Kind regards,
    Tom
  • DiseasedBunny
    Options
    Another positive for green here...moved after the eversmart/utilita fiasco,  cannot be happier.   Found I was in credit by £100 after a few months,  one live chat with them and returned half of it and reduced dd to stop it going up so much again.  Email readings every month and get an invoice typically within hours! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure