🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Afternoon! Just pigged out on brunch, have a charity meeting every Saturday morning, so eat when I get back. Had tomatoes, egg, mushrooms, Linda McCartney sausages and a wholemeal roll. First time I have ever had the sausages, found them ever so dry, cooked them in the oven, so any suggestions on how to get a better result next time will be good. Going to do cheeseburger pasta this evening, first time for that also, but looking forward to it.

SSM, that was hilarious!

I didn't feel that great yesterday morning, transpired that contrary to me thinking otherwise, I must have been constipated, let's just say the relief and the amazement that a human body could produce so much waste at a single time was beyond words :o Sorry I feel you have just eaten:o
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon! Just pigged out on brunch, have a charity meeting every Saturday morning, so eat when I get back. Had tomatoes, egg, mushrooms, Linda McCartney sausages and a wholemeal roll. First time I have ever had the sausages, found them ever so dry, cooked them in the oven, so any suggestions on how to get a better result next time will be good. Going to do cheeseburger pasta this evening, first time for that also, but looking forward to it.

SSM, that was hilarious!

I didn't feel that great yesterday morning, transpired that contrary to me thinking otherwise, I must have been constipated, let's just say the relief and the amazement that a human body could produce so much waste at a single time was beyond words :o Sorry I feel you have just eaten:o

I do mine on a george foreman
    Glad you feel better for a good dumping:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: weigh yourself again :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • poundsinbucks
    poundsinbucks Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am at Faro airport waiting to fly home. Typical we wake up with brilliant blue sky and sun today, after having clouds and wind most mornings this week :cool: :cool::cool:.

My consultant pings the LM sausages 3 mins in the microwave!! I do mine in the airfryer for about 12 mins and like them that way, but as a sausage goes, they are fairly dry.

We ended up eating out at a beachside place one day, had grilled sardines with tomato salad, OH and DS had mackrel with veg and fries, all very nice. Can’t wait to get home and have a sneaky look at the scales in the morning. Should be a loss as I have been on plan, and yes, I did enjoy myself too :rotfl:.

Ended up this morning chopping up all the leftover fruit, and boiled the remaining eggs, so that was breakfast and lunch sorted ;). Will have to improvise at dinner time, have stuff in the freezer at home I’m sure :cool:.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Poundsinbucks x
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options

SSM, that was hilarious!

• Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I do mine on a george foreman
    Glad you feel better for a good dumping:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: weigh yourself again :D
    Only you would lower the tone even more:D:rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,619 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't usually use the Linda McCartney sausages as they are! Today I used them to cover the eggs to make scotch eggs, didn't find them too dry that way but I do give them a good spray of Frylight.

The other way I use them are as a substitute with a roast. Planning on doing that tomorrow. Once defrosted just cut in half and make into balls. Spray with Frylight and cook for about 15 minutes alongside the potatoes.

Denise
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks everybody.
    Sadly there isn't anything to be done .DH is deteriorating so quickly and now his voice is going too .
    Just one more hospital test next Fri ,then the follow up consultant appointment Mon week ,not expecting good news .
    I have to pull it together ,slipping back to white toast when I know it makes me bloated ,can't seem to care .
    Need to stay strong for him ,will try meal planning and posting more
    Thank you
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Suffolksue wrote: »
    Thanks everybody.
    Sadly there isn't anything to be done .DH is deteriorating so quickly and now his voice is going too .
    Just one more hospital test next Fri ,then the follow up consultant appointment Mon week ,not expecting good news .
    I have to pull it together ,slipping back to white toast when I know it makes me bloated ,can't seem to care .
    Need to stay strong for him ,will try meal planning and posting more
    Thank you

I know nothing we can do but just letting you know we are thinking of you :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Suggestion for the LMcC sausages: cook them in passata, use them as if they were chunks of meat/mince. Very nice chopped and cooked in tomato and beans with spice for a veg chili con carne.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done Tete :) :A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport