edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
984 replies 42K views

Replies

• sarymclarysarymclary Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all,

well done losers, and keep at it if you're struggling to stick with the plan, or have wandered off the path a bit. It's a long-term commitment, and scenic routes will sometimes come our way I guess?

A quiet day here for me, as OH was in work today. The cat was more than happy to have me all to herself mind you ;)

Meal plan yesterday was:
    b - banana & nectarine
    L - bacon sandwich HEB & 6 syns
    D - kangaroo burger (1) with cheese HEA1, SW chips & mixed salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, peppers, carrot & sweetcorn. dressing (2)
    HEA2 - milk in tea/coffee

Meal plan today:
    B - banana & nectarine
    snack - slice of ham
    L - bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomato & beans, ketchup (1)
    snack - 0% yogurt with strawberries & mango
    D - cottage pie: 2/3 lean beef mince 1/3 quorn mince, peas, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, onions, baked beans, with mash, seasoning/thickener (3)
    HEA - milk in tea/coffee

OH and I spent yesterday hunting for a new bed and after about 3 years of looking finally chose a new one... but golly it was expensive!! Suffice to say we won't be having a holiday abroad this year now as a result, but I'm looking forward to having much better sleep very soon.

Hope you've all had a good bank holiday Monday.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • greentigergreentiger Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow some of you are doing fantastically well!
    bubbs's dinners are looking as scrummy as ever!
    that amazing support is still here!

Well, I did not eat everything from my afternoon tea, but we did bring home a doggy bag - but I made sure that what came home was not to my liking, ie involved chocolate or meringue, so I'm not interested.

Tomorrow's plan

Breakfast: banana, berries & ff yogurt
    Lunch: scrambled eggs on toast (B), fruit
    Dinner: chicken fajita pie (from Pinch of Nom - haven't worked out syns yet), jersey royals, salad

Thanks to you all for being here for each other.
    Stashbusting 77
    Reading Challenge 13/26
    Film Challenge 33/52
  • FrankieMFrankieM Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember it having mushy peas in it tweets but I guess it could be..thanks

Day 1 of the body magic 12 week countdown is done...I'm so unfit!

Food for today:

B: Mixed berries, plain yog, eggs, hi-fi bars (HEB)
    L: Chilli lasagne (HEA)
    T: Cottage cheese, onion, ham, chees (HEA), JP, salad

I'm going to syn my milk today for hot drinks, so with that in mind I may have a few less but we'll see.
  • 1 and 1/2 off, I’ll take that all day long
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 and 1/2 off, I’ll take that all day long

That's good TTD . So nothing like as bad as you thought. :)

I'm intrigued what you said about having a few syns if you'd 'worked hard'. Do you mean a treat at the end of a day's work?

You'll be at target soon and need to think about how to maintain. Not 100% sure of current SW thinking for target members but it used to be have some extra healthy syns like more HEXs on top of the 105. You don't even have the 105 most weeks. It feels like you're doing SW more strictly than you need. That's fine if you're in a hurry to get to target but it won't work long term as you'll disappear! :rotfl:

Apologies for being nosy and bossy. :o Just trying to understand your version of SW. :)

I'm off to WI soon. I'm lucky to live in a big city with loads of groups every day so I've found a 11.30am one. Will report back later. :)
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done TTD. Entirely agree with Maman.. You seem to be treating SW as a diet rather than a lifestyle change which you can keep to for life.

Still enjoying my holiday and it's definitely a Good when I can and careful when I can't!

Halfway through now, another 2 weeks to go.

Denise
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    61.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon all :D
    Well done TTD:T:T
    Chris can you mark me as holiday this week please as group was yesterday and as it was BH i didn't go:rotfl::rotfl: i have been good, better show next week!!
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • PennylanePennylane Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally feeling like I have actually lost some weight! 1st 8.5 lbs but its taken since New Year. I tried on loads of clothes in my wardrobe at the weekend including several that were obscenely tight last summer or that I couldn’t get in to.

It was a huge relief that I got into them easily and it cheered me up no end. i bought some white jeans about 4 years ago and only wore them a few times that summer. Every year since, there has been about a 5” gap where I can’t zip them up. I managed to get into them with a struggle and there is a big muffin top but hey, heading in the right direction!

Hope you all have a good week.
  • poundsinbuckspoundsinbucks Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks chrisv for the new chart :).

Well done TTD on being SOTW :T.

Lost -1.5lbs this week, getting me to my 3.5 stone award in 19 weeks ;):D:D:D. Very pleased with my progress, will keep at it. Bought the 12wk countdown at group today, looking forward to getting the new SP cookbook next week :). I think that is more or less what I am doing, SP, I avoid most rice, potatoes and pasta and keep my Syns between 5-10 a day.

I missed out on getting SOTM in group by 1lb! Never mind, I got it last month :rotfl: and there is always next month ;).

Celebrating with a bowl of jelly with frozen berries and a chopped up banana :o. Weather changeable today, managed to walk the dog before rain arrived, will save me watering the garden.

Keep at it folks ;).

Poundsinbucks x
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    61.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Done Penny:j:j:jslowly but surely
    Well done PIB:T:T:T That's about the rate i lost when i started:D how much more do you want to lose?
    From tomorrow
    (From 29th May) Tesco Perfectly Ripe Mango / Tesco Flat Peach Minimum 4 Pack £0.39 @ Tesco
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support