We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Easter 2025 I’m coming to get you!

1…899091929395»

Comments

  • Hettyhound
    Hettyhound Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I was originally hoping to be finished around April 27 but now I've got expensive therapy to pay for for my son so savings aren't as available as I'd hoped. Might be more like Sept/Oct 27. There will be my first Help to Save bonus in November which will be going towards it (£600) and I've signed up to do the extra scholarship assessment work over Christmas which should be around £750. That gets paid in March so two nice chunky bits there. Just keep chipping away. I try to get about £600 off it each month which is a combination of the mortgage payment and my over payments.

    SPC #023 SPC 12: £125.86; SPC 13: £214.98; SPC 14: £297.41; SPC 15: £237.27; SPC 16: £335.39; SPC 17: £662.09 SPC 18: £660.03; SPC 19 ?
    MFW #21 Mortgage start Dec 2015 £79,950; September 2026 £10,735 2025 OP £2991/£2,000 2026 £3,881/£5,500
    MFiT T6 #3 £19070/£25,500 (72.82%%) MFiT T7 #3 £10,595/£21,930 (48.31%)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,294 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    That’s only a year. It will fly by.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

    Agree with Beanie, it'll be here before you know it! You got this 💪

    I've been mortgage free once, so let's do it again!
    Starting balance March 26 £191,274.53
  • Hettyhound
    Hettyhound Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Had a letter from the bank today. My rate is due to end in December so I can look for a new one. Apparently if I do nothing and go onto the variable rate (about 1.6% higher than I'm on) my payment will DECREASE by £70 a month. My current LTV is 4%!

    SPC #023 SPC 12: £125.86; SPC 13: £214.98; SPC 14: £297.41; SPC 15: £237.27; SPC 16: £335.39; SPC 17: £662.09 SPC 18: £660.03; SPC 19 ?
    MFW #21 Mortgage start Dec 2015 £79,950; September 2026 £10,735 2025 OP £2991/£2,000 2026 £3,881/£5,500
    MFiT T6 #3 £19070/£25,500 (72.82%%) MFiT T7 #3 £10,595/£21,930 (48.31%)
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 6,684 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Wooo, that really does show the impact of OP'ing 😀😀😀

    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

    Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • That's incredible, well done 😊

    How was your sons return to school?

    Current Balance £6000
    MFW 2026 #31 £17000 / £23,000 OP
    MFIT - T7  

    Property Fund £15,300 / £20,000


    0%CC May 2027-  £5,000

    0% Loan £600.00  - paid ✅️

    Money made £412.75 / £365 (29/09/26)

    Declutter 42 /52 

    Grocery Challenge 2025 £4885.78
    Grocery Challenge 2026 Jan £328.20, Feb £297.01, Mar £352.91, April £422.85, May £358.26, June £431.70,July £282.06

    The final countdown to June 2026 - Page 4 — MoneySavingExpert Forum


  • Hettyhound
    Hettyhound Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Just done a mortgage switch which will be the last one I do. Done the switch from today and the expected payment will reduce by £75.89 per month. Obviously that will go straight back into an over payment but interest free so I'll reap the full benefit. Financially limping along to the month end; house insurance 3 week sweet spot is this weekend and my MOT (with potential work needed on the front brakes) is booked for next Thursday. Did my 10km race last Sunday (PB by 2 mins) but won't be entering anymore until I get paid again!

    SPC #023 SPC 12: £125.86; SPC 13: £214.98; SPC 14: £297.41; SPC 15: £237.27; SPC 16: £335.39; SPC 17: £662.09 SPC 18: £660.03; SPC 19 ?
    MFW #21 Mortgage start Dec 2015 £79,950; September 2026 £10,735 2025 OP £2991/£2,000 2026 £3,881/£5,500
    MFiT T6 #3 £19070/£25,500 (72.82%%) MFiT T7 #3 £10,595/£21,930 (48.31%)
  • You’ve just reminded me my house insurance is due in October. The renewal came through yesterday and it’s up £60 so I’ll be forced to look again too.

    Everything crossed for the MOT!

    MFW diary: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6254913/never-a-good-time-but-here-goes#latest

    Original MF date: October 2036 (£81,500)

    MF and emergency fund(ed): September 2026.


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.