Weight Watchers Support

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    There's a woman on one of the WW pages, that's worked all the points out for PON.I'll try n find it:D
    It was no good for me, too much meat:(

Thanks for the tip. My book arrived, it's fab. I found the lady's posts and have now written all the points values into the book.

Yes it is for omnivores, there's not much for vegetarians.

I will need to make some substitutions to omit grains and potatoes but I have got used to doing that now anyway. But there are some nice recipes, even some low point puddings.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    http://pinchofnom.com/bonus-recipes
    Some extra free PON recipes :D

Ooh thanks again, just downloaded it.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So, I have had a dreadful Easter. Yesterday morning I got on the scales and actually cried :( I am the heaviest I have ever been outside of pregnancy. My sister has lost weight and it shows, I am bored of nothing fitting and wearing the same three things.

I also went to see the nurse for my pill check. To be told I am actually over the weight limit for the combined pill and because I am over 40 too, I should be on the mini pill. So that made me feel fab too :( the nurse was lovely, there are valid reasons I don't want to change and I did say I am trying to lose weight.

So yesterday everything was pointed. Breakfast was a mushroom omelette, and skry yoghurt with a teaspoon of maple syrup. Lunch was a Kingsmill thin with homemade egg mayo and a go ahead bar. With homemade meatballs and pasta for tea.

Can I say thank you to all the food ideas on this thread. I am pretty awful at cooking and figuring stuff out so really needed a bit of a boost there.

So threw stone to lose, am on holiday the last week in May and am aiming for at least half a stone down by then and into the next stone bracket. Am feeling motivated :j
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Hi DL. Sorry to hear you've had a blip and are feeling so low. Don't worry just get back on the wagon......you can do this. We've all been there.

Just stay focussed, keep your eye on the prize, set yourself mini goals. You will get there, remember its a marathon not a sprint.

Be kind to yourself. Some TLC and a bit of pampering. A nice soak in the bath, paint your nails, style your hair, put on some slap. It will make you feel better about yourself.

Don't put your life on hold whilst you wait to lose weight. Dress up and show up each and every day. Do something nice, a walk in the sunshine, read a good book or a magazine, watch something lighthearted on TV.

You did well to get back on track yesterday. So, like your Nom de plume, draw a line and start again.

Re the food.....there's only way to learn how to cook, and that's get busy in the kitchen. I have never had a cookery lesson in my life, not even at school and my mum wouldn't let me near the kitchen because she couldn't stand the mess I made. :rotfl:

(I'm still a messy cook but then I tell myself that artists are never tidy.....that's my excuse:rotfl:).

There are loads of cookery books out there, the charity shops are full of them. And of course there's the internet, loads of good websites and tutorials.

And of course, with summer coming meals can be simple, delicious and healthy.

Your end of May target is doable. Just keep going.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    A tip to stop in between meal nibbling. After eating brush your teeth and put on some lippy.....you wont want to spoil the effect.

For the evening munchies.....that's when I struggle sometimes......save some points for a nice treat and try to do something to keep your hands busy......maybe a craft or hobby, jigsaws, or crosswords or puzzles or even one of those adult colouring books.

Just Something to keep your mind off food. :rotfl:

Off out now, diy sheds and charity shop browsing, also call in at the library.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I need to do more cross stitch in the evening that will help I think.

I can cook, as in I can follow a recipe, but I find baking much easier, but doesn't help the weight loss! Also I am pretty fussy and really dislike a lot of the veg that seem to be the basis for a lot of low point dishes. Cauliflower and broccoli are foul..... Lol. I have found some cous cous in asda that I like so am going to try and replicate that at home, its 12points for a huge tub, so a third of that with salad and chicken/fish is OK. Today tea is always pizza due to lack of time, so I normally get a ww ready meal, so nice and easy. Fridays are hard but I have actually meal planned for the next two weeks, for the family and me if I can't have what they are having.

So onwards and upwards....
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There's a woman on one of the WW pages, that's worked all the points out for PON.I'll try n find it:D
    It was no good for me, too much meat:(

Are you signed up on Pinterest? I just type in veggie weightwatchers on there and they have many recipes.:)
    So, I have had a dreadful Easter. Yesterday morning I got on the scales and actually cried :( I am the heaviest I have ever been outside of pregnancy. My sister has lost weight and it shows, I am bored of nothing fitting and wearing the same three things.

I also went to see the nurse for my pill check. To be told I am actually over the weight limit for the combined pill and because I am over 40 too, I should be on the mini pill. So that made me feel fab too :( the nurse was lovely, there are valid reasons I don't want to change and I did say I am trying to lose weight.

So yesterday everything was pointed. Breakfast was a mushroom omelette, and skry yoghurt with a teaspoon of maple syrup. Lunch was a Kingsmill thin with homemade egg mayo and a go ahead bar. With homemade meatballs and pasta for tea.

Can I say thank you to all the food ideas on this thread. I am pretty awful at cooking and figuring stuff out so really needed a bit of a boost there.

So threw stone to lose, am on holiday the last week in May and am aiming for at least half a stone down by then and into the next stone bracket. Am feeling motivated :j

Hello and welcome.xx

Be kind to yourself. Some TLC and a bit of pampering. A nice soak in the bath, paint your nails, style your hair, put on some slap. It will make you feel better about yourself.

Don't put your life on hold whilst you wait to lose weight. Dress up and show up each and every day. Do something nice, a walk in the sunshine, read a good book or a magazine, watch something lighthearted on TV.

Great advice!:T

I haven't lost any weight this week yet, but I can definitely notice a change in my body shape from exercising in the mirror.

I just put on my new red dress and makeup today and feel good about myself even if I don't lose any.:A
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I was just looking on Pinterest myself (it's easy to spend hours looking on there as it's addictive.:D

I saw an interesting video saying how Endomorphs find it hard to lose weight as their metabolism is wired to store fat. Endomorphs would have been the ones to survive during a famine in the past for this reason.:p

He was saying that you have to confuse your metabolism by having one low carb day and the next day medium to high carb. On the low carb days you have to add healthy fats like avocado and nuts.

He said it is better to do short bursts of intense exercise rather than a lot of cardio as well.

I'm a cross between Endomorph and Mesomorph, but I assume it would still work. I'm going to try this. I just had rice and beans for brunch so I guess this is a high carb day.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WEDNESDAY yep i'm on pinterest hun, n instagram where there's loads of veggie WW ideas too:D
    Am soooo peed off.Had cooked loads of curries, soups etc n bunged them in the freezer, which has broken, n ive had to chuck the lot:( Can't really afford a new one yet, as am having all new when I get the kitchen done in Nov. Might see if it can be repaired first:(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Am soooo peed off.Had cooked loads of curries, soups etc n bunged them in the freezer, which has broken, n ive had to chuck the lot:( Can't really afford a new one yet, as am having all new when I get the kitchen done in Nov. Might see if it can be repaired first:(

How annoying!:mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure