242 replies 51.8K views
1192021222325»

Replies

• BananaRepublicBananaRepublic Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Elinore wrote: »
    Well, I was rather surprised at the Aunties new plan of attack it seems a bit anticlimactic.

She has been putting pressure on my Grandma to do two things, One denounce me to the family and Two, remove me from her will.

1. Is a bit tricky
    2. I couldn't care less about and frankly wasn't aware i was IN her will.

I think the reason it's anticlimactic is Auntie is money obsessed so being written out of the will would be, totally the Worst.Thing.Ever.

She seems to think shes landed a killing blow and I'm all.........and?

:D

Evidently she is manipulative and thinks she can make you dance at the mention of inheritance. You obviously have the right attitude.

After mum died, I drove 200 miles to clean the house. My half sister was there, and her friend arrived with a lorry to pick up items. So I spent the day loading the lorry for her. The next day I was so tired I drove home instead of cleaning the house. I work full time. I later heard that my sister who does not work told her father that she cleaned the house on her own, no mention of the lorry, and he was outraged at my uselessness. No gratitude for my help, just nastiness. Mum hated her daughter, I can see why.

She also tried to manipulate me with promises of inheritance from her rich father. Like you I was not interested.

It is sad how parents and relatves can make or destroy a person.
  • happyandcontentedhappyandcontented Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evidently she is manipulative and thinks she can make you dance at the mention of inheritance. You obviously have the right attitude.

After mum died, I drove 200 miles to clean the house. My half sister was there, and her friend arrived with a lorry to pick up items. So I spent the day loading the lorry for her. The next day I was so tired I drove home instead of cleaning the house. I work full time. I later heard that my sister who does not work told her father that she cleaned the house on her own, no mention of the lorry, and he was outraged at my uselessness. No gratitude for my help, just nastiness. Mum hated her daughter, I can see why.

She also tried to manipulate me with promises of inheritance from her rich father. Like you I was not interested.

It is sad how parents and relatves can make or destroy a person.

I assume you mean with her? Why should you have loaded it for her when she was there? Surely you also had a conversation with her about the fact that you were tired and that she should then clean the house? I do sometimes think that these issues get magnified on being discussed with third parties such as the father in this scenario.

As you say, relatives can often add fuel to the fire and then everyone has to cope with the ensuing flames.