New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Barking mad relatives!

242 replies 51.8K views
11920212325

Replies

  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humm, cool story . .
  • SilvertabbySilvertabby Forumite
    6.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all gone quiet. Are you ok, Elinore?
  • ElinoreElinore Forumite
    259 posts
    ✭✭
    All good! - it's quiet at the moment. I am aware that Aunty was very very unhappy that my boss wrote back with a 'sling your hook' letter and i have been told shes scheming

    That being said i don't like to invite drama so i try to dodge the subject where possible.

    she is from the revenge is best served cold club - so im sure it will come....in time
  • supermezzosupermezzo Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear there is quiet for now. However, so as not to invite drama further down the line, I'd still be issuing a 'cease and desist' letter to her to prevent future slander/libel.
    It aint over til I've done singing....
  • MojisolaMojisola Forumite
    33.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elinore wrote: »
    All good! - it's quiet at the moment. I am aware that Aunty was very very unhappy that my boss wrote back with a 'sling your hook' letter and i have been told shes scheming

    That being said i don't like to invite drama so i try to dodge the subject where possible.

    she is from the revenge is best served cold club - so im sure it will come....in time

    That can be stressful - never knowing when the next attack will happen. :(
  • ElinoreElinore Forumite
    259 posts
    ✭✭
    Well, I was rather surprised at the Aunties new plan of attack it seems a bit anticlimactic.

    She has been putting pressure on my Grandma to do two things, One denounce me to the family and Two, remove me from her will.

    1. Is a bit tricky
    2. I couldn't care less about and frankly wasn't aware i was IN her will.

    I think the reason it's anticlimactic is Auntie is money obsessed so being written out of the will would be, totally the Worst.Thing.Ever.

    She seems to think shes landed a killing blow and I'm all.........and?

    :D
  • supermezzosupermezzo Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Are you close to your Grandma? Is it reasonable to speak to her, explain that you're obviously not upset in any way with her and that you totally understand that you are both being placed in a difficult position and that you don't want to fall out with her? Auntie obviously thinks you will panic etc so why not take the wind out of her sails by being uber reasonable and calm about it all?
    It aint over til I've done singing....
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    30.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elinore wrote: »
    Well, I was rather surprised at the Aunties new plan of attack it seems a bit anticlimactic.

    She has been putting pressure on my Grandma to do two things, One denounce me to the family and Two, remove me from her will.

    1. Is a bit tricky
    2. I couldn't care less about and frankly wasn't aware i was IN her will.

    I think the reason it's anticlimactic is Auntie is money obsessed so being written out of the will would be, totally the Worst.Thing.Ever.

    She seems to think shes landed a killing blow and I'm all.........and?

    :D

    Why is #1 tricky?
    What is there to 'denounce'?
    Why are you even bothered about these people?
  • ElinoreElinore Forumite
    259 posts
    ✭✭
    Tricky in:

    It makes the drama involve the wider family rather than just between Aunty and me.

    If she gets her way my mother will likely be told not to speak to me (I can live with this)

    Some of my aunts are really nice and I am close to a few of my cousins (one or two stop here when visiting London)

    ps My lovely lodger has moved out - but I'm keeping this to myself (even to the point of lying to my mother!)
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    30.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elinore wrote: »
    Tricky in:

    It makes the drama involve the wider family rather than just between Aunty and me.
    So what.
    Elinore wrote: »
    If she gets her way my mother will likely be told not to speak to me (I can live with this)
    So what.
    If your Mother is as bad as you've painted her in previous threads, that's no great loss.
    As you've admitted yourself.
    Elinore wrote: »
    Some of my aunts are really nice and I am close to a few of my cousins (one or two stop here when visiting London)
    So what.
    If they believe someone else over you, no great loss.
    Elinore wrote: »
    ps My lovely lodger has moved out - but I'm keeping this to myself (even to the point of lying to my mother!)
    So what if she has moved out.
    That's nobody's business but yours.
    Why would you need to share that information with your Mother?

    You're just playing their games.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support