Troublesome buyer on Ebay - Accept return??

Options

Comments

• deethebee
    deethebee Posts: 233 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2019 at 3:35PM
    Options
    GC1987 wrote: »
    My concern here even if I do this is that she is not going to budge before Saturday and ebay close the case on Sunday, what do I do then if I get the item back on Monday and it's damaged for example?

I understand what you're saying, but whether she drops it off or a courier collects on Saturday you're not going to get it back by Sunday. If you can get her to agree to another day of the week that is your best option, but it doesn't sound like she's going to do that. If you get the item back and it's damaged you still have options. I don't know what else to suggest other than calling ebay and letting them know you cannot find an affordable courier to collect on the weekend and that she won't drop it off and see what they say and ask if they can extend the deadline so you have time to receive back to goods and inspect them before granting a refund.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    deethebee wrote: »
    I know this, but ebay aren't being very helpful to the OP. She is trying to arrange a collection but the only day the buyer says she is available is a Saturday and the OP is having difficulty finding a courier to pick up on this day. I can't see any other alternative other than trying to work with the buyer and letting ebay know if she can't be reasoned with, because ebay seem to be leaning towards finding in the buyer's favour.

There is no need to "work with the buyer". The seller has provided a label. It may well be that it hasn't been accepted, that's fair. Providing an alternative is acceptable, but I would not be arranging a collection....as I know where this is going....oh dear I wasn't in/didn't hear the doorbell/courier came when I was in the shower.....I would arrange a label for a drop off. The parcel is not heavy and the requirement is for the buyer to return, not to have it collected on a day at a time that suits their social diary.....

Ebay will always lean to the buyer BUT they also will listen to a seller who has done what they should, as that is the policy requirement. The seller needs to be ringing ebay and saying "this is policy, this is what I have done, this is the extra I have done"....
  • deethebee
    Options
    There is no need to "work with the buyer". The seller has provided a label. It may well be that it hasn't been accepted, that's fair. Providing an alternative is acceptable, but I would not be arranging a collection....as I know where this is going....oh dear I wasn't in/didn't hear the doorbell/courier came when I was in the shower.....I would arrange a label for a drop off. The parcel is not heavy and the requirement is for the buyer to return, not to have it collected on a day at a time that suits their social diary.....

Ebay will always lean to the buyer BUT they also will listen to a seller who has done what they should, as that is the policy requirement. The seller needs to be ringing ebay and saying "this is policy, this is what I have done, this is the extra I have done"....

Well I mean I've read through the whole thread and the seller isn't getting much joy from ebay. I also suggested a drop off label and asking her to drop it off because she had already agreed to the collection. She is at risk of ebay closing the case in the buyer's favour and that will leave her with more problems. If you read the thread you will see that the seller has been in contact with eBay multiple times and is not getting very far. The buyer could easily do the same thing with another drop off label as she did with the first and say it's insufficient and then the seller would be back to square one again. That it is why a courier was suggested, because that way she can't say it's insufficient.
  • GC1987
    GC1987 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations on having your first baby Best thing in the world

Thanks so much :) It really is, I'm loving every minute.
    TNT might do a Saturday collection

Thanks for the link, I tried them, no joy. P2Go don't either. I think I'm going to have to go back to eBay and ask exactly what I should do again.
  • GC1987
    Options
    Ok so ebay have said to go back to her and say Saturday collection is unavailable and can any other day during the week do. Then apparently if she says no again they will accept she is obstructing the return. BUT they have moved the closure date to the 9th now and said if she obstructs I have to ring on 10th to get it ruled in my favour?! Does this sound legit?
  • deethebee
    Options
    Ok so ebay have said to go back to her and say Saturday collection is unavailable and can any other day during the week do. Then apparently if she says no again they will accept she is obstructing the return. BUT they have moved the closure date to the 9th now and said if she obstructs I have to ring on 10th to get it ruled in my favour?! Does this sound legit?

Well I see why you're concerned - they're saying you have to close the case by the 9th but are telling you to have it closed by them on the 10th if she obstructs. That is odd. They should really close in your favour before the 9th if she obstructs again and is unwilling to co-operate and be reasonable. If you can, I would get them to say all of this in writing. When done over the phone it's too easy for them to say they have no record of that conversation and knowing ebay, I would get as much in writing as possible. I know I'm sounding a bit negative but that's because I've had quite a few bad experiences with them as a seller and so knowing what I do I want you to be protected from them doing to you what they have done to other sellers.

BUT, it is sounding more positive for you. So get as much as you can from ebay in writing about them agreeing that she is obstructing if she does not co-operate and then you will be more protected. To be honest though, I still don't think the 9th is enough time to give you to close the case. If by some stroke of luck she does agree to drop off the parcel and does so on Saturday, you're likely still not going to have it back by the 9th unless you book a next day service.
  • GC1987
    Options
    Now that she has seen the case has been extended she is suddenly happy to drop it to the post office?!?!?!?!?!
  • deethebee
    Options
    Now that she has seen the case has been extended she is suddenly happy to drop it to the post office?!?!?!?!?!

:rotfl: Brilliant!!
  • GC1987
    Options
    This woman is still trying to lead me a merry dance! She said that she looked into it and DHL do Saturday collection, I sent a screenshot of my webpage where DHL offer Friday or next Monday - no Saturday. Now she is demanding a 1st class postage label with next day delivery, if I get the 48hr express will eBay rule against me for not complying with her?
  • deethebee
    Options
    I don't think you can ever tell what ebay will do, but she agreed to drop the parcel at a post office so why is she now saying you must collect it? And what reason is she giving for demanding that it be a next day delivery label? 1st Class generally is next day anyway, but it's not up to her what service you use to send it back by. You can choose whatever is cheapest for you, as long as you allow her to return it then you're doing nothing wrong. You've already gone over and above and she is being VERY difficult and I would ask ebay to step in now and tell her she must send it back by whichever method you choose or they must close the case in your favour. She is taking the absolute p*** and you need to let ebay know that she is not co-operating with you and you have done more than enough to try and appease her and she can't even meet you half way. Don't let her walk all over you, she is being extremely unreasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure