Troublesome buyer on Ebay - Accept return??

Options

Comments

• GC1987
    GC1987 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    So eBay say they will put the case on hold until the 7th as she won't facilitate pick up until the 6th. Waiting on a confirmation message from them before I reply to her.

Her latest message is;

Please confirm if you can arrange collection on Saturday at 09h00, and I will provide my address.

I've not used a courier before but surely they don't come at a specific time like that? Is this to set me up for another fall now, that the time won't suit?! :(
  • deethebee
    deethebee Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    GC1987 wrote: »
    So eBay say they will put the case on hold until the 7th as she won't facilitate pick up until the 6th. Waiting on a confirmation message from them before I reply to her.

Her latest message is;

Please confirm if you can arrange collection on Saturday at 09h00, and I will provide my address.

I've not used a courier before but surely they don't come at a specific time like that? Is this to set me up for another fall now, that the time won't suit?! :(

You're right, they don't pick up at a certain time. Hermes couriers work between 8am and 8pm so it will depend on which one you use, but she is being unreasonable if she expects you to pick it up at a certain time. She must understand that most delivery companies do not specify a time for delivery or collection. I'm not even sure if Hermes work weekends so you've got to be sure you pick one that does. Please get back onto ebay and let them know how difficult she's being. This sounds so horrible for you. Ask her if she would be willing to drop the package off at a local pick up point for whichever courier you choose and explain they can't pick up at a certain time. You really are doing everything right and I do feel for you. This must be having such a bad effect on your state of mind - it certainly would mine.
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options

Her latest message is;

Tell her that's fine and get the address.

Highly doubtful a courier will collect at that specific time but you need her address.

Once you have the address advise a courier can collect 9-5 Saturday and if she doesn't agree your only recourse will be let eBay refund and then recover the value via small claims.
  • deethebee
    Options
    Tell her that's fine and get the address.

Highly doubtful a courier will collect at that specific time but you need her address.

Once you have the address advise a courier can collect 9-5 Saturday and if she doesn't agree your only recourse will be let eBay refund and then recover the value via small claims.

I'd be concerned about agreeing to that time in writing. Ebay check messages and if the courier doesn't arrive at 9am as the seller has agreed to then they blame the seller and give the buyer a refund without having to return the item. It's a good way of getting her address, I would just be very reluctant to make any definite time agreements in writing. Perhaps she could say, "I'll do my best and get back to you. Can you let me know your address first so I can organise the collection?"
  • GC1987
    Options
    This must be having such a bad effect on your state of mind - it certainly would mine.

You're absolutely right Dee. I'm on maternity leave with my first baby and really don't have the energy for this and I do strongly feel this buyer knows their stuff with eBay disputes and is trying to back me into a corner so eBay rule in her favour.

I cannot find anyone that will do a Saturday collection at all! Hermes don't, Parcelforce don't, Parcel2Go don't. Anyone else any ideas? Is it worth going back to ebay and telling them I can't get a courier on that day?
  • deethebee
    Options
    You're absolutely right Dee. I'm on maternity leave with my first baby and really don't have the energy for this and I do strongly feel this buyer knows their stuff with eBay disputes and is trying to back me into a corner so eBay rule in her favour.

I cannot find anyone that will do a Saturday collection at all! Hermes don't, Parcelforce don't, Parcel2Go don't. Anyone else any ideas? Is it worth going back to ebay and telling them I can't get a courier on that day?

I'm really sorry. I wish there were more places to sell than ebay as they really do not offer enough protection for sellers. It's very unfair. Every time I sell on there I dread who I'm going to be selling to!

I was afraid you might have trouble with a courier collecting on a Saturday...can you ask if she's able to drop it off anywhere? Ask her this first, see what her response is and then go back to ebay and tell her she's refusing to drop it off or provide you with a suitable date for a courier collection as none collect on Saturdays. It sounds like you may be right and she's playing a game here, knowing couriers don't collect on weekends. I don't think that there is any requirement for you to collect the goods and so if she refuses to drop them off somewhere then you could argue that she's being unreasonable. She IS being unreasonable anyway, but exhaust all your options and then go back to ebay and tell them she is making it impossible for you to collect or get the goods back.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Although the service may go up to 30kg the price is usually based on the average weight you say you'll post, then they review (quarterly I think) and adjust the price based on your averages.

If you started only sending 30kg parcels you'd see the rate shot up.

eBay must have agreed upto 2kg for the £3 price point.

Which is why I said what I said...

I don't know how ebay work...

But to be clear there are two tariffs that I'm aware of, seasonal and non seasonal (I'm out of the office but that's the wording I recall) one is a backward tariff based on the 3 months prior (weights assessed) and the other on a year tariff. I'm on the year tariff. 30kg hasn't gone from mine and I'm small fry compared to eBay....can't imagine they have that many parcels over weight compared to under.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options

Her latest message is;

I apologise for the short answer but am on my phone...

If you have supplied a label which the buyer says is invalid. Supply a "drop off' carrier (Hermes or a carrier close to the buyer). Upload the label, don't mention what it is (ie drop off) and then add it to the case and RING ebay and tell them. Tell them you've supplied a Royal Mail label, which was valid but the buyer has issue with. Then tell them you've supplied a carrier label. Tell them to update the case that two sorts of labels have been supplied and you await the return.

Do you know how to book a drop off carrier?
  • GC1987
    Options
    Do you know how to book a drop off carrier?

No not really! I'm looking at parcel2go here. It seems there is a drop off point at the Polish Supermarket that she originally had the item sent to. I'm afraid I've already messaged her now that I am unable to get a courier to collect on a Saturday and asked her would she take it to a drop off point.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    No not really! I'm looking at parcel2go here. It seems there is a drop off point at the Polish Supermarket that she originally had the item sent to. I'm afraid I've already messaged her now that I am unable to get a courier to collect on a Saturday and asked her would she take it to a drop off point.

Don't worry.

If it were me I would book the parcel via Hermes or whoever the company are (it is easier to get a refund if she doesn't use it if you book direct rather than by an agent like P2go). If the carrier you were going to use on P2go is Hermes, book direct (it may be a few p more) but you have more control. You will be able to get a refund if the label isn't used.

Then upload it to the case.

Then ring eBay and let them know you've done it and ask them to add notes to the return that this is the second label you have issued.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure