Troublesome buyer on Ebay - Accept return??

Options

Comments

• deethebee
    deethebee Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    TOWIU - Isn't what you suggested she do what she has done? You said about booking a drop off carrier - isn't that the same as booking a courier and asking the buyer to drop it off at a drop off point?
  • GC1987
    GC1987 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    So I've asked her can she drop it to a collection point and;

Hi, Im not in the City this week. Saturday is the only available day.

I really am at my wits end here.
  • deethebee
    Options
    Why don't you ask her to drop it off on Saturday then? Ask her if she can check if she has a drop off point near to her and to drop it off on Saturday. Then when you check the tracking it should tell you when it's been dropped off and you can refund her before the case gets closed by ebay, but hopefully after you receive it back.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GC1987 wrote: »
    So I've asked her can she drop it to a collection point and;

Hi, Im not in the City this week. Saturday is the only available day.

I really am at my wits end here.

You have given the buyer too many options and they are taking you for a ride.

Upload the original label if you haven't already. Upload a new label from a carrier (where the buyer drops off) and then ring ebay.

Tell them you have supplied two labels, giving the buyer a choice and she/he is being obstructive. Tell them that you want the item returned before you refund.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    deethebee wrote: »
    Why don't you ask her to drop it off on Saturday then? Ask her if she can check if she has a drop off point near to her and to drop it off on Saturday. Then when you check the tracking it should tell you when it's been dropped off and you can refund her before the case gets closed by ebay, but hopefully after you receive it back.

When there is a case open, there is no asking the buyer this that and the other.

The label has been supplied. The buyer says it isn't suitable therefore a second with alternative carrier is supplied. If that isn't suitable then it's not the seller's problem.
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options
    The problem with providing another label (drop off or whatever) is that the buyer can go back to eBay and say it's insufficient. eBay have told the OP to arrange a collection and a drop off label isn't a collection.

I'm assuming the first label was good enough OP?

I would say to the buyer, I'm going to book a collection, what is the address please?

If they don't reply or refuse then call eBay.

If they start asking questions just repeat your self, keep it simple

I'm going to book a collection, what is the address please?

Nothing else until they give the address.
  • GC1987
    edited 3 April 2019 at 9:28AM
    Options
    The problem with providing another label (drop off or whatever) is that the buyer can go back to eBay and say it's insufficient. eBay have told the OP to arrange a collection and a drop off label isn't a collection.

I'm assuming the first label was good enough OP?

I would say to the buyer, I'm going to book a collection, what is the address please?

If they don't reply or refuse then call eBay.

If they start asking questions just repeat your self, keep it simple

I'm going to book a collection, what is the address please?

Nothing else until they give the address.

She has given me address but I can't find a courier to do Saturday collection (which I suspect she knows isn't possible). Does anyone know of one? To be honest I don't know what was wrong with the first label; firstly ebay told me I'd used theirs and it wasn't enough, I showed them the label I sent to the buyer and they said it had to be used too soon and the buyer needs to be given a minimum of 3 days for return postage, then the buyer said it was a insufficient amount but it was for the same amount and weight as we used to post it to her in the first place.
  • GC1987
    Options

My concern here even if I do this is that she is not going to budge before Saturday and ebay close the case on Sunday, what do I do then if I get the item back on Monday and it's damaged for example?
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options
    Great to hear you've got the address.

TNT might do a Saturday collection:

https://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/ship-now.html

Do a test run here and then compare the price with Parcel2Go (both are run by P2G but the prices/compensation might be a little different).

I don't think it will be cheap.

Make sure you advise the buyer that she needs to package it as well as you sent it and she is responsible for any damage to the item if it's not packaged correctly. Last thing you want after all this time and expense is for an XBOX sent back in a plastic bag smashed to bits.

Congratulations on having your first baby :) Best thing in the world
  • deethebee
    Options
    When there is a case open, there is no asking the buyer this that and the other.

The label has been supplied. The buyer says it isn't suitable therefore a second with alternative carrier is supplied. If that isn't suitable then it's not the seller's problem.

I know this, but ebay aren't being very helpful to the OP. She is trying to arrange a collection but the only day the buyer says she is available is a Saturday and the OP is having difficulty finding a courier to pick up on this day. I can't see any other alternative other than trying to work with the buyer and letting ebay know if she can't be reasoned with, because ebay seem to be leaning towards finding in the buyer's favour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure