Troublesome buyer on Ebay - Accept return??

Options

Comments

• sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    FWIW, the Xbox One X is massively different to any of the 500GB models not just because of the storage space, but it is 4k compatible and has some serious processing power inside of it for a console.

Its like advertising a high end smart phone and then sending out the model that was all the craze a couple of years ago.

That said, the buyer should just have been straightforward about it rather than how they have approached it.

I've got a bad feeling about something that arrived with a buyer of mine today, they have been telling me that it is for mothers day and they want it to be perfect and to make sure I sent all accessories with it (Only comes with a power cord). So I am not sure what they are expecting when they open it.
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just read his ‘feedback left for others’.

Oh !!!!.
  • GC1987
    GC1987 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear sportsarb! Hope it's worked out ok.

Ok so I accepted the return, paid the postage and sent her the label and now she has still escalated it to eBay? How can this be? They've placed the case on hold for another 4 days as they are "seeking more information from the buyer". What do I do? Am I now going to be without item and the money?!
  • GC1987
    Options
    Just to add; I've not received the returned item and my PayPal balance is now minus £154
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GC1987 wrote: »
    Just to add; I've not received the returned item and my PayPal balance is now minus £154

What happened in the case when she escalated? Did she return the item (what does the tracking say)?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh dear sportsarb! Hope it's worked out ok.

Ok so I accepted the return, paid the postage and sent her the label and now she has still escalated it to eBay? How can this be? They've placed the case on hold for another 4 days as they are "seeking more information from the buyer". What do I do? Am I now going to be without item and the money?!

Did you send an eBay label or your own? An eBay label is easy to deal with as it won't show as posted - so phone eBay and tell them buyer has not initiated return. If your own label then it's slightly more difficult , again phone eBay, do it now if you are up and awake, tell them that you have not received the item back nor has buyer shown item has been returned.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • GC1987
    Options
    Aargh just off the phone to eBay. They said the buyer says the postage wasn't enough to cover it. It was our own label - and it was exactly the same weight and amount that we used to send it to her?! eBay say I now have 4 days to send a courier to collect it. This has been a nightmare.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aargh just off the phone to eBay. They said the buyer says the postage wasn't enough to cover it. It was our own label - and it was exactly the same weight and amount that we used to send it to her?! eBay say I now have 4 days to send a courier to collect it. This has been a nightmare.

Cancel your listing and use the ebay system to send a label, then phone ebay back and tell them you have supplied a label via ebay which will be sufficient.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • GC1987
    Options
    use ebay system to send a label

See, the reason I didn't use theirs but the first place was because my only option for a return label was costing me £3.50 but the item costs like £20 to post and I was afraid of an eventuality like this
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options
    See, the reason I didn't use theirs but the first place was because my only option for a return label was costing me £3.50 but the item costs like £20 to post and I was afraid of an eventuality like this

The 3.05 label is Royal Mail Tracked 48 and I think up to 2kg.

I'd email the buyer, ask them what day a courier can collect (Mon, Tues or Wed) and then book the collection.

If they say none of those days are good phone eBay and ask them what to do.

Whether they'll take the view that if you book a collection but it fails as no one is home being the buyers problem is hard to say.

If for any reason the buyer gets a refund without the item being returned/collected they still need to take reasonable care of the item and see it restored to you (despite what eBay may tell them).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure