PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th March 2019

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Enjoy your break Ionafan. Morning all.

Early start for me today but I'll see what I can fit in between shifts.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning. Dull outside, it rained last night and the ground is still wet but I'm going to put the washing out anyway, when it finishes.

Shopping due between 8 and 10. Might clean the bathroom if I ever wake up properly. I've got the laptop updating because it takes hours and I want to use it on Sunday when we're dog sitting for DD1.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Am up and off to work all day today but home by 6. Plan is to get kitchen back up to scratch this evening.

Yesterday was a very late finish, got home after 8 so not much flying done, but no dirty clothes on bedroom floor, 10000 steps done and a good slinky day so happy with that. And another day with no wine, have decided to try and stop drinking every evening, 2 days done so far.

Slinky day 3 today.

Hugs to all
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Not long since woken up (again, was awake at 6:30). Washing out on line - popped fluffy dressing gown on for this - and back in bed with :coffee:.
    Need to finish yesterday's admin as far as possible because it's all over dining room and table.

Did start researching car insurance. But too soon to put proper date in. Last year I did it the night before, which was a Sunday, and that limited my options as I couldn't get the cheapest online. But this year the day before is a Bank Holiday - so I have to be on the ball this year.

I've also already bought all the birthday cards I need for April - lots, and put them in the organiser file my sister bought me for my birthday. I've had to put some in the May pocket for fear of tearing the April one.

Thoughts please - my former colleague, who died in November, would have had her birthday in April. I'm thinking of sending a Thinking of you card to her husband and daughters as I know the anniversaries are hard. What do you think?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valli, I think that would be a lovely thing to do.
    It is my father birthday next week, I am not sure what to do, it was going to be his ash scattering weekend, but it has been cancelled for now, for various reasons, I am thinking about going to lay some flowers where his ashes would have been scattered but it is a long way to go (280 miles approx round trip) for some thing that is going to take 10 mins or so, so I am still thinking.

Plumber has been shower leak fixed, kitchen tap fixed.

I took my car for its service, the bloke on reception at garage was on phone so took my key and nodded at me as though to say morning and thank you...............they have just rung me to tell me I am a day early............yes checked my diary etc and yes they are right, the parts haven't come in, so I can go and get my car when I am ready and take it back tomorrow, the walk will do me good :) and they don't have space to have it hanging around!!

Eby parcel to wrap and post
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That is a long way...

What about donating the money you would have spent to a favourite charity or cause of his. Or getting the flowers but enjoying them at home?

Ironing done. Also brought in shirts from line and ironed them as they were almost dry.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Options
    Valli, I was thinking about flowers here at home as well.

Parcel has gone
    Car is back home
    Lunch is eaten (salad)

Must get my arris in gear and clear up after plumber ie hoover........
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still alive (I think), still struggling.

Mr Wolf has another health scare, a nasty one. He has to see a "screening practitioner" whatever that may mean next Wednesday, then await an appointment for a colonoscopy, I think was the term.

I've injured my back and am guzzling Oramorph like it was going out of fashion.

Doing what I can to keep the bungalow from becoming a total midden; not sure I'm succeeding.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,003 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2019 at 3:37PM
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    Piggers moss on lawn doesn't matter. It doesn't root down or anything so save your energy for something else.

Just about to do quick hoover through upstairs.

it does.. my grass won't grow!!

Valli.. I'm sure the husband and daughters would appreciate it.. those firsts are the harest and to know someone else has remembered is a little comforting, knowing that other people haven't forgotten her either.

Kaz.. definitely flowers at home, especially if the ashes flinging is going to be rescheduled.. thats hell of a drive to do twice!

LW.. love and hugs to you and Mr Wolf.. We are thinking of you and will be sending healing light and beasty busting vibes for you to share <3

Timer on dryer has died.. gggrrr...

Potty training Twinkle was a bad idea.. I've been running up and down stairs a thousand times a day to empty the blooming thing!!!

My shower has been delivered.. I'm so excited I could wee! Just need to get someone to fit the chuffing thing now so I can be destinked! It will be the first time I have had a full wash in my house in 8 years.. I am beyond excited!!

I've washed DS2's clothes.. 60'C wash with a dishwasher tablet.. I need to put them on a proper wash cycle now and hang them out.. hopefully they will be vaguely clean.. I usually end up binning some of it because it is beyond redemption.. I hate it but life is too short and at 23 he has to replace his own clothes so I don't really care that much.

off to do my million emails.. ttfn xx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Flying here consists of dailies today and cleaning the kitchen door. Other than that, just catching up with some paperwork. Back to paid stuff now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport