PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th March 2019

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning flyers!
    Fayolle wrote: »

It’s a non-working day today so I have big plans and a long, long list.

The recycling is out. Yesterday’s washed towels are dry and folded, DH’s dusty diy clothes are washing. Considering how slowly the diy around here progresses, I seem to wash the clothes disproportionally.

I'm home all day too and have lots to do. Lots of admin to get topside of.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: at your DH's diy clothes...

Got bedding in the WM.

It appears, however, I won't be home alone as DS has a day off, too.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Packed lunches all done, breakfast had and I am presentable and ready for work. DD has headed off to school and just about to wake DS with a coffee ready for his later start at college today, then I'm heading off myself.
    I have emptied DW and restacked and emptied dehumidifier upstairs.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh dear, the showe rhas a leak, the kitchen tap also has a leak, plumber phoned

Guttering out side needs replacing, bloke gave a quote but cannot do work until end of June!! so window cleaners contacted to ask to clean windows and unblock guttering for now.

Just entered a wrong email address to something, now have to wait 24 hours for a reset, as I might be a scammer!

Best go and do something else that is not going to fall apart or think I am a scammer!! :)

Kitchen floor is done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Options
    Plumber/electrician nagged for a quote for my bathroom.. he could probably charge me whatever he likes tbh he has done loads of work here and always does a good job and while he doesn't clean up after himself he is reliable and I trust his workmanship.. The other guy who came I don't think he is givning me a quote.. the teenage girls had been in the bathroom just before he got here and it was a bombsite.. but obviously I wouldn't expect anyone to work in that.

ooh.. spiffing service from BG.. they are having an engineer out today.. I rang while typing the above.

You slinkies.. Good job getting back on it!!! I'm still 4st 5.5lb down.. BUT I had completely stalled after my stomach ulcer last summer. So, this week I shook up my foods and meals and forced myself to have porridge for breakfast.. the texture is absolutely rank and it made me gag the first few days but I had decided I was going to have it every day for a week. Today is day 7. Now, when totm is due I usually gain 5-7lb.. without fail.. this week.. I LOST 2.6lb!! I had been moving between 9st12 and 10st 4 (usually 10st2) for 8 MONTHS! I stuck to healthy eating, I didn't not go back ot my old piggy ways.. I had the first half of January off.. and I gained 2lb.. I am now right back to 9st 12 and AF turned up 5 days early.. and my size 12 pinafore is too big.. (I'll just take it in!) So.. 12lb to go.. I have decided I am aiming for 9 stone.. then I will have the tummy tuck done and that should get rid of an extra couple of pounds. I have to accept I have legs like a prop forward and they will never ever be skinny but.. I will not blow over in the wind! and my 'bum of doom' will still knock people over! If I can lose this lard (limited mobility, hypothyroid and totally lazy) pretty much anyone can.. I know when people sya that you want to punch them in the face.. but really, I promise you it is just about finding what is right and works for you and doing it FOR YOURSELF.. not for your doctor or society or family or friends.. you have to want it for yourself and you deserve it you really do.

there.. Tuesdays motivational speech.

Old DW sold.. £45, don't mine if I do.. hoping it still works after a month sat in the middle of my kitchen floor.. I need to clear that floor desperately now.
    WM x2
    TD x1
    washing out on the line.. figured I'd take advantage while the back door was open!

Off upstairs with my cuppa to put Twinkles third drawer of stuff in her new drawers and fill the emtied drawer with my jumpers which are looking at me from around the bedroom floor. (Got a new light fitting for above guy to fit so can't have him in my boudoir looking like it currently does!)

knickers.. Is it just the bin for old ones? I have some new ones .. I bought the wrong size.. which I am sending to the knicker charity and some bras too.. but old kickers.. and I am NOT attracting internet freaks!! haha!!

I think thats me... ttfn.. have a glorious day xx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been to work this morning just for 1 lesson but it did make me get out of bed early and get going so was back home by 10.30, which is no worse than if I had had a lazy start to the day.

WM on
    HHI done

Thanks Pigpen for motivational speech. I am only doing this for me and I know what I need to do so just have to get on with it. Luckily mini eggs aren't easily available here! But then there is the 'cheese counter' and a fresh baguette!

A couple of admin tasks done and bits that arrived in the post filed so not getting further behind.

Also want to get a paces in before I go to work as don't finish until 7.30 tonight and don't want to have to go out then just to get my paces in. I will do 10000 everyday this week.

Off to tidy my boudoir a bit.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Paid stuff done for today. I dusted the dusty bits in the LR and swept the hard floors downstairs earlier. About to walk the dogs.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    Options
    lunch time.. Salad and sea bass for me.. nomilicious!

No BG engineer yet but DS2 has been hoofed out to work so I can air his room before he does get here.. it smells of stale male.. and farts.

Washing in as was starting to rain.. now the sun is out again.. stupid weather!

I need to finish painting the kitchen so I can finish clearing the kitchen floor and get it swept and mopped.. it is not very nice in there.

Fruit box delivered.. Twinkle scoffed strawberries, a banana and an apple so far! See how MY good food choices are rubbing off on the small people.. you slinkies are giving your little people a healthier lifestyle which will benefit them for their whole life! (bit more Tuesday motivation.. I should get paid for this!)

Off to get all creative and look at a list.. :D I did most of Mondays rejiggling the kitchen.. Twinkle kept opening the microwave and I was worried she would tip it on herself and maybe burn herself with whatever was inside, or worse!! .. so I've moved everything on the work surface.. now I need to empty a cupboard to hide a few bits away and it will be a little more presentable.

Food.. first..
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Two hour dog walk done.now scoffing crisps.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,896 Forumite
    Options
    I cleaned the downstairs loo, en-suite and bathroom with the timer running to kick my backside into gear. 5 minutes left at one point made me wash the paintwork in the downstairs Loo of Doom. Not sure why as there are loads of other jobs to do. 2 loads of washing on the line.
    I then duly trotted off to the allotment for a 2 hour digging session. Someone has mooted the idea of an allotment open day. Hmmmm - come and view my dandelions and docks anyone?? In my head it is a beautiful plot of rampant veg. In reality it is a neglected patch of weeds. Still, maybe that’s the exercise part of slinky sorted.
    I have a phone call to make that I have been putting off, need to turn a broccoli stem and some bits into soup (thanks Piggers for trying so hard to motivate us!), and maybe an hour in the greenhouse if there is time left.
  • pigpen
    Options
    that digging will have burned loads of calories.. and getting the allotment into that beautiful patch of veg is a wonderful incentive.. I'm sure there will be long term plot holders who would be glad to give you a helping hand.. they just sit back and watch their veg grow and natter to the neighbours once it gets to looking fabulous from what I've seen.. they might be glad of the hands on stuff!! Don't ever be afraid to ask either.. asking questions and making them feel useful and helpful is a way to break the 'help meeee!!!!' ice haha!

Moss on the lawn... anyone got any magical advice?? I'm not digging up each individual speck.. I'm lazy.. and broken.. and loathe gardeny stuff.

DW loaded.. got a bunch of pans to go through next.

Cuppa slurped...

HHC anyone???????????? I have the school run shortly.. and Squeak has drama club so I get home and have to go back out again..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts