PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th March 2019

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Blood results all good, and heading inthe right direction, so I am pleased.
    All washing clean and out on line, but it is clouding over, so I'll keep an eye out.
    Food bought and away £20.43 so under budget forthis week so far.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all. I've only just got up, well properly. I did come down a couple of times to feed the dogs and let them out.

Have been in bed with migraine since 8.30 last night but it is easing now. Had to cancel my hospital appointment this morning and two separate get togethers with friends today. Fortunately the hospital are able to fit me in on Thursday between work shifts.

Hope you're all ok and welcome newbies.

I'm going to get dressed now in an attempt to look more human when DH gets home.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    chilling in front of a film with Pickle. He's shattered after his adventures this morning.

Monday
    [STRIKE]Empty DW and put away
    All dry washing away
    WM (surely there can't be more than 1 load)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Hang up wet stuff[/STRIKE]
    Box and work bag away - they are now upstaors, job for later this evening when Pickle is in bed.
    Stuff to loft -post bedtime job
    Some shredding - post bedtime job
    [STRIKE]Tip trip
    Dentist for Pickle[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Fun for Pickle with his friends[/STRIKE]
    Keep house reasonably tidy - so far so good
    [STRIKE]Recycling & rubbish out
    Food shop[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Banking checks and reconciliations
    Respond to supply text - say yes, you need the pennies. [/STRIKE]

Extras done
    More dry washing put away (loving the dehumidifier that dries things sooo quickly)
    Cat food box refilled
    Baby wipes retrieved from cellar and restocked where needed
    Shopping put away

This week
    Box of stuff to book selling website
    Box of unwanted books to cs
    Pack for weekend away
    Put tools back in cellar before plasterer starts
    Pay plasterer deposit
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in this week, and need to do better than last week.

OH is away all week so am taking the opportunity to get back on the slinky wagon. Blood sugar diet and 10000 steps a day is may plan. Over 8000 done so far today so need to do some housework to get the rest in.

Busy week work wise but that should help on the diet front as can't pick at food if I'm working.

A bit of effort each day and the house should be back to a respectable state by the end of the week and then this weekend we should be able to get rid of more junk and progress. OH is actually quite excited to see the trailer filling up with stuff for the tip and finding the bins full. We have been dot to dotting in the living room (mainly the filing cabinet) so can't really see progress but I know it is. Might have a go at our bedroom next.

Off to put WM on now.

Hugs to all
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,896 Forumite
    Options
    I hope the migraine is better, Jazee.
    Well done, Kaz. Slinky is supposed to be back in here but failing miserably. Since I had to give up the much dreaded jogging a year or so ago, I don’t seem able to shift anything. Weight seems to go on pretty easily though... says she who had a cupcake topped with mini eggs today at work. That just may be why, I suppose. :D
    It was a slow day at work today. Dinner has been reheated (sc YS pork cheeks cooked in cranberry sauce so that the troops thought it was beef. I wasn’t going to tell them anything different), WULTD, kitchen floor swept and sink cleaned. A load of washing has been done and is hanging up. That is the sum total of flying for today.
    I’m going to catch up with emails and other bits now, then I need a meal plan to keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I didn't get any further with today's list so, here it is edited for tomorrow.

Tuesday
    All dry washing away
    Box and work bag away
    Stuff to loft
    Some shredding
    Keep house reasonably tidy
    Recycling & rubbish out
    Work day
    1.5 visit reports written and sent off
    Organise my new work files with my new dividers

Extras done

This week
    Box of stuff to book selling website
    Box of unwanted books to cs
    Pack for weekend away
    Put tools back in cellar before plasterer starts
    Pay plasterer deposit[/QUOTE]
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    I love mini eggs.

Evening all. I have done well on my first evening, whether I keep it up, time will tell :o. Cleaned hob and wiped down front of oven, sink scrubbed and bleached, new washing up sponge out, descaled coffee machine AND kettle (big win, they've been on the list for a while), wiped down kitchen bin lid and swept floor. Gathered all pots and DW on. Also, put away laundry on clothes horse and another full load swirling in WM. Most of it can go through TD, will aim to get dry and folded before bed. I've been helped by not having to cook tonight, pub tea on way home and kids were out also.

Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,003 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mini eggs are the dogs balloonies... many loves...

been dashing about today..

WM x3
    TD x2 and used it to air off stuff from outside which was dashed in because the rain looks imminent.
    DW x3.. dinner pots to go in still but I'm not doing it!
    2 ebay items, 2 provisional driving licenses and 1 ALL posted .. FLING....
    Put some more of Twinkles clothes in her cupboard.. she opens the second drawer up for her clothes so I have put her dresses and knickers in that drawer and everything else is in the others.

My landing is looking much much clearer.. there is stuff everywhere and we are really messy and dishevelled and out of order and living in CHAOS... BUT.. I am slowly getting through it all.. very slowly!

and can I just say.... HORRIBLE ROMANIAN NEIGHBOURS (WHO WERE POSSIBLY PEOPLE TRAFFICKING/RUNNING A BROTHEL) HAVE FINALLY BEEN EVICTED!!!!!!!! ... HALLE-BLOOMING-LULIAH

No more illegal parking, music at 3am, screaming and shouting in the street BLISS!!

Apple allergy back with a vengence.. I am SO itchy!! I now eat apples with antihistamines.. that works!

DD1 came round with 2 smalls so I got very little done while they were here.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok and glad your neighbours have gone piggery.

Still a bit fragile here this morning but going to see what I can achieve before the paid stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,896 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

It’s a non-working day today so I have big plans and a long, long list.

The recycling is out. Yesterday’s washed towels are dry and folded, DH’s dusty diy clothes are washing. Considering how slowly the diy around here progresses, I seem to wash the clothes disproportionally.

I’m currently flicking the duster around the dining room and trying not to just dust the same bits whilst waiting for DD to get her action on.

Have a good day all. Back later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport