PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th March 2019

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Joining you in a HHsomething, pigpen. Will report back later....
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    emails emailed... HHC somewhere.. my house is a bear pit!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Piggers moss on lawn doesn't matter. It doesn't root down or anything so save your energy for something else.

Just about to do quick hoover through upstairs.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Did the hoovering, ironed a couple of bits and caught up with hand sewing repair jobs. Can't be bothered to do anything else now so will knit and watch telly before having a bath and getting ready to go out tonight.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,896 Forumite
    Options
    I was a bit late joining the HHC, but I have just vacuumed through the kitchen and dining room and blitzed the cooked veg into soup for my lunch. Phone call done - 20 seconds and a lovely lady on the other end.

Ah Jazee, you have reminded me that the hem on the dining room curtain needs repairing. Not sure that I cba right now, so I might leave it and call it fashionable.

Dinner to cook then off out for an hour. Somehow I seem to have got myself talked into a couple of volunteering stints. No is a word that I need to practice.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Aah, I forgot the dining curtain too even though it was right in front of me while I did the other sewing.
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    There are 15 calories in a mini egg. I'd be alright if I could stop at one.

I've done well this evening. Cooked tea, cleared up, DW on. Made everyone a cuppa. Emptied bins, washed lunch boxes and water bottles. TD load from last night put away. Almost full white load in WM, can go on tomorrow night when it's full.

Bleached loo, wiped down bathroom window sill, sink, around bath, skirtings. Cleaned toothbrush mug (yuck). Shook out mats, changed hand towels, stocked loo rolls. Had a bath. Slathered on some moisturiser as a bit flaky (in body and mind).

Put some fruit in front of kids so they don't get scurvy. They eat it if I leave it there.

Going to have a sit down in front of the TV before bed. Thank you for the list, it's really helping. Night all.

Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not a lot of domestic flying.
    - went to zumba
    - did a bit more of a report
    - went hospital visiting. Managed to chat with ward manager and 2 doctors. Multidisciplinary meeting tomorrow to discuss care package. Still can't see how she could safely manage at home. She was very cross this am because we wouldn't take her home. Mr N went back later and she'd given the nurses a hard time. Seems delirium can last 6 weeks.
    - deleted a load of photos from my phone and loads of emails from PC.
    - after chat to gym manager about misleading ad, got a good deal on more pt sessions.
    - went to Mr T
    - picked a load of foliage to do a goodbye and thank you present for pt instructor who is leaving

Good luck to slinkies. I'm still logging food on mfp which is making me think before eating.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Work frantic but OK.
    Himself was attempting a Dying Swan impression when I got in. Wasn't particularly sympathetic to him about it. He's tired, apparently.

Did washing up, cleaned hob, cleaned countertops, tops of appliances and then sat back down and refused to move again.

The soon to be deceased duck at the other end of the settee is yawning and mumbling about having a lot to do tomorrow. :rotfl: He doesn't have to do the bathrooms, kitchen, living room or bedroom. There's only the stairs/landing and studio left. What more does he want?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Joining you in a HHsomething, pigpen. Will report back later....
    OK, it's now much later!

I spent most of my HHS chatting to my NDN. Her husband died just before Christmas, so I think it's justified, and I flew with a vengeance afterwards.

I have flown everywhere for the past 2 days and it shows! The whole house looks and feels much nicer. It's only taken me 6 months or so :cool:

Today I
    - took Rosie to kennels for her holiday ;)
    - washed her bed
    - did WMx2 more
    - took DH to SW so that he could discover that he had put on another pound :(
    - visited the residents of a nursing home in our parish
    - did odd bits of shopping on my way home
    - tidied the front garden and potted up some self-set Corsican hellebore seedlings for NDN
    - tidied the back garden and yard and moved all the hosta pots as far as possible from the house (in our small garden, that's a maximum of 2m - they're too big and heavy to stand on the lawn or flowerbeds) because the window cleaner is going to clear out the gutters next week and this was my last chance to do it
    - mowed the lawn, scattered moss killer and grass seed
    - fed us twice and made about 5 cups of tea/coffee each (DH made one)
    - printed out some forms
    - did some prep, then went to another church meeting which went on and on and on....
    - steam mopped the kitchen floor at 11 pm so that this time it will dry properly before anyone walks on it.

I haven't done my packing yet. DH has sorted out which clothes he thinks he is taking - for just 4 nights away - and at this rate will need the very large suitcase all to himself :eek: I shall use the small suitcase for my few bits and pieces, including a couple of books (I'm an optimist :rotfl:)

Will be back on the new thread, but might catch up occasionally if my K!nd13 will let me.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport