PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th March 2019

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,003 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    boiler dude back again.. and he's returning tomorrow.. I think it has had pretty much everything replaced.. and the pushchair has a puncture..

A bunch of the children in Pixies class chopped their hair yesterday.. including Pixie and Spam... a lot of unhappy parents!

Load of washing out.. Still not run DS2's stuff through its second wash.. but I'm tearing the dressing gown off his back and beating that into the washing machine next.. It smells like a dog bed!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back home but not sure I'm going to get much flying done. Last group of small kids I had were hard work and am now feeling exhausted.

Large mug of tea first then I'll see what I can get sorted.

Hugs to all
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Valli - would a card have made you feel comforted? If so, go ahead.

Kaz - is there something you could do at home? For example, planting something in the garden?

Long, long day. But OK. Tomorrow and Friday will be the really hard ones. But at least it means the first half of the week has flown by.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LW lovely to see you and sorry things have been difficult.
    Ionafan have a good break once you get the packing sorted.
    - did flower arrangement for departing PT
    -Went to aqua aerobics
    - went hospital visiting with Mr N and, after yesterday's uncooperative day, we were told that they are sending her home tomorrow! We were shellshocked, not only are we concerned about her safety alone, but we'd been told that nothing would happen without discussing it with us and assessing her flat. As it happens, I'm at uni tomorrow.
    - spent rest of day cleaning and readying her flat, food shopping etc. Apparently she will have carers 4 times a day but we don't know when or what their duties are.
    This eve I need to finish a report, get paperwork ready for tomorrow and arrange leftover flowers, 1 for us and 1 for MIL.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Valli - would a card have made you feel comforted? If so, go ahead.

Probably...I saved the letters/cards and read them when I was stronger.

I'm all excited - off to the Isle of Wight for a residential. I've never been:T:T:T We'll gloss over the fact that I get seasick:rotfl::rotfl:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    I get seasick Valli, well travel sick in general. I've thrown up over the back of a boat, in a train toilet (grim), in a car more times than I care to remember, and, my all time favourite, while landing in an aeroplane whilst also sobbing due to being a nervous flyer. I carry sick bags everywhere!

Got lots done tonight, although I couldn't get into the living room for the list, it was occupied all evening. So I tidied the hall, swept the floor and shook out the doormat. Filled bird feeders for early birds in the morning, took out rubbish, gave instructions that wheely bin needed to go out ready for tomorrow. Cooked tea, cleared up, DW on. Emptied various coat pockets, none of them mine, of numerous snack wrappers. Made cuppas.

White load through WM, now in TD or on clothes horse. Had shower, washed and dried hair. Big win was mending hem on sleeve of a work dress, might wear tomorrow now I've finally mended it.

Went to the Home of Bargains at lunchtime to stock up on various bits and pieces, put all that away.

I might try and at least hoover the living room before work tomorrow, it won't be occupied then! Night all.

Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • pigpen
    Options
    guineapig.. have you tried stugeron-15 for the sicking? I can't take 3 of my offsprung anywhere.. I can't even get them the 10 minute bus drive into town.. they have double the dose on the box and while it stops the actual vomming they are still usually nauseous.. but it is worth a try if you haven't. it is different ingredients to the usual meds so you can have both safely.. we have done so under dr's guidance so it is worth talking to the pharmacist and dr about. you can also be prescribed stronger stuff.. it didn't work for my lot but you never know, definitely worth asking about.
  • pigpen
    Options
    Ordered pushchair wheels..

Ordered new jeans
    and ordered OH a new shirt..

Repair booked for TD.

I am drowning in stuff and appointments and I don't quite know if I am coming or going.

My diary is so incredibly rammed!
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I could have sworn that I posted yesterday but that obviously fell by the wayside along with the flying.

LW - lovely to see you. Lots of squishy hugs and thought coming your way.

Valli - if it feels right, then do it or you might keep wishing that you had. Kaz - I planted a small bed of bulbs and spring flowers at the bottom of the garden as my mum loved spring the best and it was the nearest that I could get to a woodland garden.

I’ve managed a HHI and a quick was through the machine this morning. Yesterday evening disappeared in a series of small GCSE meltdowns, brought on by the fact that a set of notes have been mislaid. As this isn’t like DD, she is doubly upset. We have looked everywhere.
    I have 20 minutes so I need to change bedding so that I can wash it when I get home.
    Have a lovely day everyone.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry am here and trying to keep up. Hope everyone is as ok as they can be. Hugs where needed x
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure