PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th March 2019

Options

Comments

• roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    roundtuit wrote: »
    Plan is to sort Mount Washmore into hillocks and set first load swishing, put a bowl of pots to soak, then get dressed before putting out the recycling and feeding the birds.

Plan executed :D + soaked pots WULTD and bowl reloaded.

I'll check the weather forecast and see if I can get washing dried outside. Fingers crossed x

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hair back to total pristine redness.
    2 washloads (one done 2 days ago!) on the line.
    Pots in sink to soak while I eat breakfast.
    Bunny lolloping round garden.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So my excuse for not posting earlier is that I was at Mr M at stupid weekend o’clock! Well by 8am which is stupid o’clock in my book for a Saturday.
    In short:
    Shopping done
    Sneaky W!lk0 trip done and some gardening might just have slipped in the basket as a reward for being there soon after they opened.
    Shopping put away. YS goodies shoehorned into the freezer.
    WM x 2 run
    Washing x 1 hung outside
    Washing x 1 brought back in as DH decided to sand the window ledge from the back bedroom.
    Recycling out.
    Packed up to take DD to riding when she surfaces. I will use the time to meal plan while I can still remember what I bought / saw in the freezer.

Narc0 - hope you have a bit of a rest this weekend.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Car washed
    Pots WUALTD or stacked in DW as appropriate
    cat frontlined
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    The Offspring of the Parish's Dramatic Production is over.

It was - interesting - and quite possibly more dramatic backstage with tears, arguments, injuries and the noisiest dropping of a prop whilst exiting Stage Left I have ever heard in my life. Milked getting the final credit of the speeches for all it was worth, emerging from behind the curtain with The Most Dramatic Flourish and Bow Ever.

Couldn't help noticing - and taking pleasure in - the obvious discomfort on the face of the person responsible for issuing the baldly worded 'Your position is redundant' letter I'd found in my pigeonhole just before the show started - as I enjoyed the loudest cheers and applause of anybody, though.

Anyhow, once the audience eventually took the hint and started going home, broke down the kit - having been asked what I needed to do and, when I listed it, told 'oh, not much, then' and the planned help were sent home - I was actually helped by an ex colleague who had come back to see the show. Shortly afterwards, I think the person who said it wasn't a lot was told by somebody else that, actually, it's the biggest job of all, as I was told to stop and go home.

We went to the pub instead. I rolled in through the front door at half midnight, ate whatever it was Himself put in front of me, got him to prise my boots off, staggered upstairs and zonked out until 5am (obligatory several glasses of water), back to bed and slept until 10. Came down about an hour ago for some breakfast because the Idiot Cat was stomping all over us and I'm currently thinking I should probably do something about the scraps of paper scattered all over the living room - my boots are disintegrating inside, so I stuffed them with toilet roll as it had felt like I was walking on powdered glass all day.

I ache and have blisters on the sides of my feet, ankles and toes where the paper shredded, but my soles are intact - if Himself's mate hurries up and gets here, picks up the kit he's borrowing and goes away again, I'll immerse myself in the bath for a couple of hours, but with this mate, when he gives you a time range for arrival, you have to double it, divide by 73 and a third, multiply by a factor of 29.873, add in the reciprocal of the first number you were thinking of, add the date of the Queen's birthday and ask a Mystical Squid what they think before you get to within 3 hours of the actual time of arrival.

I think it's going to be a rather idle weekend on my part.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...but with this mate, when he gives you a time range for arrival, you have to double it, divide by 73 and a third, multiply by a factor of 29.873, add in the reciprocal of the first number you were thinking of, add the date of the Queen's birthday and ask a Mystical Squid what they think before you get to within 3 hours of the actual time of arrival.

I've met him! :rotfl:
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DS2’s dusted slightly as sun was shining on it. I have let him know that that is the last time I’m doing the Lego. In future he does it or it all goes away in a box.
    DH has managed the 1st front lawn cut of the year as all the neighbours did theirs this morning.
    I have missed teaching this morning as I have a bad cough and temperature. Relatives rallied to visit parents.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    short_bird wrote: »
    I've met him! :rotfl:

Yeah. I bet he was supposed to be here at the time an' all. :p
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    Evening all.

Not much off the list today, nipped to see Uncle in hospital this afternoon with obligatory fruit. He was in good form and eating well, so hopefully sorted and out soon. I am pretty much up to date with the laundry and the house is in a reasonable state.

Supermarket order updated, so hopefully that will all arrive tomorrow and I'm organised for breakfasts, packed lunches and teas for the week.

Had a nice bubble bath and am now sat with a cuppa wondering if it's too early to just go to bed :o.

Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dryer fixed
    washing up to date
    Did some pit tidying .. flung one binbag of rubbish, a binbag of recycling, a binbag for chazzer and put away all the clothes.. cleared my bed so I can actually get in it tonight and it looks no different.. not a bit! I spent 5 HOURS tidying that mess and made no progress.. I threw out 67 pairs of knickers.. and I have 24 to try before flinging but I suspect most will be leaving.. I have a bit of empty space in my drawers.

Sorted more shelving for the shed so we can fling some more stuff out of the house. I WILL have some space in here if it kills me!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts