IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court paperwork for pcn from cel

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CEL offer an email address for their Data Protection Officer on their privacy page: dataprotectionofficer@ce-service.co.uk
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    CE ltd
    Horton house
    Exchange flags
    Liverpool
    L2 3pf

Which is the address on the original claims firm for the claimant -
    “ address for sending documents & payments” as per their paperwork which is also the address used for the sar

Simply a mail drop centre. If anyone is there, whether they will sign for receipt is questionable.

https://www.regus.co.uk/virtual-office/virtual-office-checkout-page?preselectedCentreName=Liverpool%20City%20Centre#profAddress

Very imposing part of Liverpool, with prestigious postcode, ideal place for scammers to hide their real business address, which I understand to be in the south east of England.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Westham_man
    Options
    Delivered & signed for by Regis @11.46 today. Trust me if I win, or they pull out I will be requesting to claim it all back - already produce schedule of costs in anticipation
  • Westham_man
    Westham_man Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I have received 2 copies of their witness statement completed by Ashley Cohen (who won’t be attending on the day) but a company rep will !! - it shows photos of signs, the pcn, quotes a couple of court cases & has the BPA guidelines in full just to say it says a minimum of 10 mins in there & im saying 11 is allowed - they have also made an offer to settle fir £100 payment now - which I have read they do in cases they intend to pull out of. They have not replied or countered my argument that I’m keeper not driver & that the pcn doesn’t have 1) the necessary warning to keeper or 2) that it was sent outside of the allowable timeframe - looking forward to this now !! Having my day in court (or not as the case may be).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    completed by Ashley Cohen (who won’t be attending on the day) but a company rep will
    No company rep.

They'll either discontinue before the hearing, or not appear (but you MUST!) or they'll send a self employed legal rep who has no rights of audience.
    they have also made an offer to settle for £100 payment now - which I have read they do in cases they intend to pull out of.
    Yes, it is looking like you might not get your day in court!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Westham_man
    Options
    Hi,
    I’m a self employed gardener & have a person who I employ, when I go to court on the day neither I nor him will be able to work. I will be claiming loss of earning but can I also claim for my employee as he cannot drive my van do cannot work without me but I will still have to pay him
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    I’m a self employed gardener & have a person who I employ, when I go to court on the day neither I nor him will be able to work. I will be claiming loss of earning but can I also claim for my employee as he cannot drive my van do cannot work without me but I will still have to pay him

Max loss of earnings/annual leave is for half a day @ £95 for the Defendant only (in the cases I've read). Self employed defendants have the Devil's own job to get any loss of earnings costs. Not to say don't try, but you'll need to show good evidence of what you've missed out on - past invoices showing hours worked and rate ph might be helpful, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Sorry.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Unless you can paint that lovely picture of wholly unreasonable conduct (not just a meritless case, actual dodgy conduct like falsifying photos or not keeping to deadlines set by the court). Adding sums on that they are not entitled to recover, is one that's easy to explain and should be a feature of all hearings when it comes to costs.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6001157

That OP managed to meet that high bar with their list of unreasonable conduct and got £700 in indemnity costs to cover his/her wasted time.

So that would cover you and your employee!
  • Westham_man
    Westham_man Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So them not sending me a copy of their DQ’s, as required by the court, might work against them, with these nasty legal letters & threats of the giving me ccj’s ( like they have the power !) & of course grossly over inflated charges for them using the other letter headed paper they have in the office pretending to be legal or debt collectors ������
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes - all of that.

It's a high bar but the linked thread shows Judges can be convinced that a PPC claimant has acted wholly unreasonably, and then will allow higher costs in your favour.

Did you get debt letters though? Who from? Debt Recovery Plus? QDR?

Neither of those are the same office as CEL. But both offer the service free.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure