IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court paperwork for pcn from cel

Options

Comments

• Westham_man
    Options
    D DAY IS MONDAY 10am, I will let you know how I get on- thanks to everyone who has assisted me in this very trying journey
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    D DAY IS MONDAY 10am, I will let you know how I get on- thanks to everyone who has assisted me in this very trying journey

Good luck. Whatever the outcome, you've put up a great fight and you will have cost them far more than they can possibly ever squeeze from you.

All the best.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Westham_man
    Options
    Well sat here waiting, there is a legal rep saying she is acting on CE Ltd’s behalf
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Well sat here waiting, there is a legal rep saying she is acting on CE Ltd’s behalf

Nice to know that she will be adding to CEL's bill at the end of all this.

Good luck, go in smiling. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Westham_man
    Options
    Well, having gone through a hell of a long day I finally went into court at just after 2pm. It was a harrowing experience & when we went out pending decision I though the end was near. The judge didn’t believe I hadn’t received the pcn, he said the signage was fine, he even stated that the paperwork had been served in time. Everything going wrong !! Then he changed and said he was being asked to make a judgement on 1 minute of overstay. He quoted the 10 min guideline, he quoted the standards meeting agreed actions to move it to 11.

Then the bombshell, CE’s own pancakes camera images of my car entering & exiting. I had stated they were on the public highway & not on their land - he agreed cis if the double yellow lines clearly visible in the pictures - boom case dismissed - defendant wins - wouldn’t have costs though, the basic £95 day rate & £6 parking was all he allowed - who need a barrister to defend when you’ve got the good people on this forum to assist- THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO ASSISTED - POWER TO THE PEOPLE
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    Well done

Yet another one bites the dust
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    he quoted the standards meeting agreed actions to move it to 11.
    That firmly suggests to me that he knew his private parking onions along. That is a relatively obscure piece of information, not widely known among the judiciary.

Excellent result. CEL footing another bill!

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    That firmly suggests to me that he knew his private parking onions along. That is a relatively obscure piece of information, not widely known among the judiciary.

Excellent result. CEL footing another bill!
    But he didn't understand the 14 day requirements of POFA for the NTK!
  • Westham_man
    Options
    Barrister was not happy & asked for reasons to be provided in writing. As she left she said she gets a flat rate win or lose so she doesn’t care either way. She was also supposed to be doing another case today but they settled that one
  • Westham_man
    Options
    “That firmly suggests to me that he knew his private parking onions along. That is a relatively obscure piece of information, not widely known among the judiciary. “

I provided that information in the witness statements & a copy of the meeting minutes / actions
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure