IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court paperwork for pcn from cel

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 June 2019 at 10:39PM
    Options
    Just the relevant page and the front page to prove it's the right BPA CoP relating to the date of the event (as they update it every so often).

I hope you also managed to find and read carefully, paragraph 9 of the POFA by now? IMHO, no-one needs to ask us to direct them to the right part of that Act.

Sch 4 of the POFA is easy to read. Find the bit about the 14 days, and work out whether the day 13 was a Thursday or Friday (and whether there was a bank holiday too) meaning - if there was a weekend in the way - it can't be deemed delivered by day 15).

You haven't said your dates but a day 13 NTK is too late, regardless of weekends.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Westham_man
    Westham_man Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    #40 has dated & people have said deemed delivery is too late
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 12 June 2019 at 12:50AM
    Options
    incident date 13.6.18 wednesday
    pcn issue date 26.6.18 tuesday
    Quoting #40 as it's ages back (on another page, as I view the forum).

Yes that is deemed delivered a day too late, as has been said already, although you will have to lead a Judge by the hand, word for word from the POFA which also defines dates of delivery, so it's all there.

Needs a highlighter pen on a copy of the POFA x 3 to hand out at the hearing.
    British parking association guidelines
    Don't call them guidelines.

Your Judge needs to be aware that the Supreme Court held that the BPA CoP was 'effectively regulation' without which a parking firm is not allowed to handle DVLA data.
  • Westham_man
    Options
    Both witness statement & supporting evidence have been delivered by hand & posted recorded delivery - highlighter used on relevant sections
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Noone ever says to use recorded. Waste of money

First class, with free proof of posting. With recorded, if they REFUSE delivery, then all you have is proof they definitely did not get served the documents.
  • Westham_man
    Westham_man Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It’s got my return address on the reverse so if they refuse it it will come back to me & it will have the reason marked on it for none delivery - which will give me even more ammo - apart from the sar info I have had nothing from them
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,490 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It’s got my return address on the reverse so if they refuse it it will come back to me & it will have the reason marked on it for none delivery - which will give me even more ammo - apart from the sar info I have had nothing from them

To what CEL address did you send it?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should have emailed it to Legal2@ce-service.co.uk
  • Westham_man
    Options
    CE ltd
    Horton house
    Exchange flags
    Liverpool
    L2 3pf

Which is the address on the original claims firm for the claimant -
    “ address for sending documents & payments” as per their paperwork which is also the address used for the sar
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Use the email address Brown Trout gave you as well, it will be 'belt & braces' proof of service and you can print out the 'sent item' email.

It never helps to use Recorded Delivery as they might not sign, but having said that, at least you can check the tracking number tomorrow and see if they actually did.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure