IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court paperwork for pcn from cel

Options

Comments

• Westham_man
    Options
    He understood the 14 day legislation - the said it starts from the day after the offence with 2 day postage so paperwork was served on day 14 & not 15 as I was advised -
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 August 2019 at 7:09PM
    Options
    If the Judge has categorically dismissed the case because they were capturing images on the public highway, then you can return significant grief in the direction of CEL.

Complain to the DVLA that a Judge has dismissed a CEL court case on the basis of the above, ask that they investigate and also determine how many other tickets have been issued by CEL for that site. Ask that CEL's access to the DVLA database for this particular site be suspended until a full investigation has been carried out.

ccrt@dvla.gov.uk (or) KADOEservice.support@dvla.gov.uk

You could also launch your own claim against CEL for acquiring your personal data under GDPR/DPA rules without reasonable cause. See the following:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2017/05/motorist-awarded-900-for-data.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    He understood the 14 day legislation - the said it starts from the day after the offence with 2 day postage so paperwork was served on day 14 & not 15 as I was advised -
    Based on your post 40, the day after the "offence" was Thursday 14th June, (and therefore day 1); day 14 would therefore be Wednesday 27th June. (PCN issued date was Tuesday 26th June).
  • Westham_man
    Options
    They said incident 13/6 so clock starts the day after on 14/6 , paperwork issued 26/6 so deemed delivery 28/6 - so 14 days
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 August 2019 at 9:04AM
    Options
    Nope, you (or he) made the common error of subtracting 14 from 28 to get 14; it doesn't work like that ...

Day 1 - 14/06
    Day 2 - 15/06
    Day 3 - 16/06
    Day 4 - 17/06
    Day 5 - 18/06
    Day 6 - 19/06
    Day 7 - 20/06
    Day 8 - 21/06
    Day 9 - 22/06
    Day 10 - 23/06
    Day 11 - 24/06
    Day 12 - 25/06
    Day 13 - 26/06
    Day 14 - 27/06

... If it was posted on 26/06 then it was deemed delivered on 28/06 (already 1 day late) only IF they could prove it was posted and sent 1st class (e.g. via a certificate of posting from a PO). :)

But congratulations anyway. :)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    What is this Standards Meeting of which you speak.?

It is a pity that the judge did not rule this de minimis imo.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    What is this Standards Meeting of which you speak.?

I wondered that too. I imagine it was a BPA meeting to discuss the CoP and the minutes of that meeting were published.
  • Westham_man
    Options
    Hi, yes it was the bpa professional development & standards board of 2015 when it was agreed to increase the grade period from 10 to 11 minutes (in or out) in to comply with dft guidelines in the English book of law to reflect a minimum mandatory 11 minutes grace period
  • Westham_man
    Options
    I am perfectly happy to supply the claim no. Name & date information now I have won as I also remember the judge refusing her the right to appeal the decision, which I would also go & contest now I fully understand the 14 day rule & the fact that the ntk did not comply with it

ANYONE GETTING A TICKET FOR OVERSTAY AT KFC IN HAZEL GROVE, STOCKPORT FROM CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD NEEDS TO READ THIS THREAD !!!!!
  • Westham_man
    Options
    Hi

Do I have to contact the county court to get the money claim on line information closed on the system ?

Will I just get the costs that were awarded automatically or do I have to fill something in to claim them ?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport